West Long Branch, NJ
Monmouth University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Monmouth University

Fixed  rate loan

If I could go back and give myself advice about the transition to college I would tell myself to be able to let go of the way I used to do things and the people i used to rely on. The hardest adjustment was not having the same schedule I had had the past four years. Time management is very difficult in a new setting. It is also very difficult to let go of the people that I went to high school with. I would tell myself to get ready to lose some friends and gain new ones. It is difficult to adjust to not seeing the same people every day and having to make friends. College is all about relying on yourself and i would tell myself to make sure that i am ready to be independent.

Someone that is not willing to get involved should not attend this school. This school has a lot of opportunities for students to get involved and incoming freshmen should jump at that chance. If a person does not get involved at this school they will probably not have a good time. Getting involved is how people become connected and make friends. If a person does not make friends he or she most likely will not enjoy their college years.

The most frustrating thing about this school is the walk. The entire campus is enclosed, like its own little town, but the dorms are on the opposite side of the educational buildings and it is like a 15 minute walk to class. The walk is not bad if it is a nice day but rainy or very cold days the walk is terrible.

Shannon

Our American culture grooms us to seek immediate gratification. Nothing will cripple the dreams of a college education or a successful life faster than succumbing to the ideology that your desires must be met ?now?. Realize that regardless of your age, every decision you make has an impact on your dreams. Living and deciding for the moment makes a fool of someone failing to consider the long-term effects. Consider the financial ramifications of debt and what it really means to ?bank on the future?. Consider the personal obligations and possibilities (positive and negative) in relationship decisions. Consider what activities benefit your long-term goals when planning your daily and weekly schedule. Consider the gain of delayed gratification, temporary discomfort, or atypical solutions to typical problems. Life is lived moment by moment, but decisions must be made with the future in mind. Abiding in the "immediate gratification" ideology will impede the success you ultimately desire, not only with respect to college, but also in respect to your life.

John

If I could travel back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that college is a lot of reading and taking notes is not that hard. Because of the summer I was told by many people that college is so difficult and many people are not prepared for the experience but, I would tell myself to just relax and forget what all these other people were saying. I was very stressed and nervous over the summer and I wish that my summer before college did not feel that way because I feel that I should have been excited for this experience. I would also tell myself that I would make tons of new friends and enjoy a decent amount of my classes. I believe this would help calm me down and help me enjoy myself one last time as a high school student.

Before coming to this college I wish I knew that you had to get involved right away to have things happen your way and your fellow classmates ways. I now am every interested in getting into the Student Actvities Board this way I could help plan events at the MAC. So when I talk to prospective students of Monmouth I would tell them to be active right away.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who likes to get involved in activities at school but works hard in their spare time. At Monmouth you have to be pretty social because of all the great people that you can meet if you do come to this college. Lastly, if you want that one on one experience with you teacher this is the perfect school.

dana

I would travel farther away from home to really experience college life and challenge myself. Out of the state, or better yet, out of the country!

how much it costs. too expensive

I would have told myself to challenge myself more in high school and take harder classes. I should have not taken the easy way out, and gone that extra mile, because college is always asking for that extra little bit to make you pop out and establish yourself as an individual. I would tell my high school self that I needed to learn the material on my own, and not always depend on my teacher. I wish my high school self could see my college self. I believe my high school self would be telling my college self to calm down and relax and that I can make it through this with hard work and devotion.

This school is great for anyone that likes a medium to small campus only a mile away from the beach, as well as athletes looking to make a career in sports. . Many people who love to surf and swim come to our school. It's full of a rich history and a historical background. The school takes great measures in making sure we are "green" and keeping the campus beautiful.The school offers great career advice, and if you don't feel comfortable in your major, they will help you change it and find a place where you are happy.

The school sometimes has extremely tough tests that must be taken to stay in the program/major. It is extremely annoying when students find out these tests are being changed for the better or are being tossed out in a few years, but the students still must take them.

Kathrine

It's so close to the beach! There's some really great things to do outside of campus life around town.

Right now it seems like everything is moving way too fast. With prom and finals, graduation and SATs, everything seems like a blur. And although all of this is very exciting, it's also very scary. I mean, this is the rest of your life here. You're jumping off the high school diving board and falling straight into the college world, a place full of more possibilities than you even knew existed. College is pure, undiluted life without curfews, sans parental rules, and practically void of supervision. And if you think high school life is a blur, you're in for a wild ride because from here on out things will only get crazier. But don't let it intimidate you! Don't let all the possibilities pass you by! Get involved; make friends; be crazy! And learn with every step you take, not just formulas, grammar, and philosophies of literature, but also learn about life; learn how to enjoy the moments of ecstasy with new friends, and most importantly learn to savor all of the possibilities in front of you. Be brave; go with courage to unexplored paths, and you will succeed.

We have some really really dumb students. I find myself wondering why we let some people in here...

Alyssa

My little brother is actually a senior in high school this year and he has been searching for the right college. Our parents are in the middle of a divorce, so he feels a lot of pressure to make the right choice and be cost effective for my parents. I was sure to tell him that it is very nerve racking and stressful during the application process, but it becomes much easier later on. Also that he should pick whatever he thinks is best for him, because is not right to listen to what other people want all the time. A person should be happy in their decision and feel comfortable where they are. Finally I told him that it may be difficult at first, but you ease into the school after a little. Once you find a good friend group and become more comfortable, school can be like a second home, like it has become for me.

The small class size. Not overwhelming.

Danielle

Advice I would give my younger self would be to have an open mind going into college, that no opportunity should be passed up out of fear of failing or of the unknown. I would tell myself that the hardest things usually reap the greatest rewards, and also that priority will become a word used in everyday vocabulary. I would tell myself to stay smart, meet a lot of people, and stay connected to my teachers, oh and to always check my email, because that is where a lot of good information comes in. Most importatly I would tell myself to remain true to my own happiness, and what I want to do with my life, and that it is ok to change my mind in order to figure out what is best for my future. That change does not mean failure, but just better self discovery.

That it was a commuting college for a lot of students, and that not many people live on campus or stay on the weekends

Laurie

My classmates varied from some of my very closest friends to this day to friendly acquaintances.

I had no clue what I wanted to major in college, even while I was in college. I eventually chose psychology as a major and ended up going to graduate school for Educational Counseling. As a senior in high school I would have laughed in someone's face if they told me that I would one day have a Master degree. I was unmotivated during most of high school and only did enough to get by. If I could go back I would encourage myself to spend time researching schools and programs. I accepted that I would go to a Community College without a thought. Now I realize I did not even explore other options. I work as a high school guidance counselor currently and I tell the seniors that the most important thing they should be doing right now is researching schools and taking their SATs. I invite my students to meet with me one on one to go over their ideas. I often wish I could go back and reseach schools with myself. However, I may have picked something different to major in and I have been successul in the career I chose. I have no regrets.

I wish I had known more about the study abroad program. I was able to study in London, England at Regents College for a semester but I would have loved to study another semester in Australia. I would not been able to graduate on time if I had done another semester abroad.

Doug

My classmates seem earger to learn and enjoy themselves in and ou of the class room.

If someone were to ask me for advice on finding the right college to attend, my first piece of advice would be pick a school where you feel comfortable. There is no point in going to a school where you would have to feel like you would have to change to make it through. In addition to that I would also say choose a school that has a good program in your interested area of study. If the school you choose does not have a program for the course of study you want to persue than the chances of you being happy are slim to none. Bottom line, Choose the school that feels best to you

I dont think there is anyone who would not enjoy going to Monmouth University

Monmouth University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.