Monmouth University Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Mitchell

Students are high-energy, involved, fun-loving -they love sports and like professors. Affluent.

Blake

I think the biggest stereotype about Monmouth students is that they are all from North Jersey/New York, and are primarily Italians who like to go to night clubs and have spikey hair, etc. They are very spoiled and aren't really in touch with reality or the outside world.

Jenna

I always heard it was a crazy party school filled with rich kids from New Jersey.

KJ

That they are rich and snobby

Joe

girls are very stuck up everyone is very rich

Kara

People belive Monmouth is a suitcase school and there is nothing to do on weekends. Everyone that goes to monmouth is rich and snobby.

Cameron

That we are all rich kids and stuck up. Also, that monmouth is just another version of highschool with its clicks. And according to playboy we have the hottest girls.

Christine

There really isn't any type of stereotype at Monmouth, everyone is very friendly and welcoming.

TJ

Full of "guidos", not as big of a party school as advertised to high school kids. The majority of people are spoiled brats who can't do anything for themselves.

Kaylin

Suitcase school

Overpopulated with preppy rich who get what they want

Rick

Fun, and people who enjoy the beach

Bob

Rich kids, stuck-up, Uggs wearers, hot girls, beach lovers

Andrew

A bunch of rich preppy fashionable kids who's mommy and daddy are paying for college and their expenditures.

Devon

Rich, snobby, beach bums, kinda dumb.

Mandy

Rich kids!

Danielle

That Monmouth students are all white and rich.

kelsey

everyone does drugs, everyone is a stuck up rich brat..

Kaitlyn

Some stereotypes about Monmouth is that the students are all rich snobby students.

Mark

That everyones a New Jersey guido. That monmouth is a suitcase school.(Everyone goes home on the weekends)

Shawn

Monmouth students are rich, there is nothing to do on campus, Monmouth is an easy school

Lorie

Monmouth University is a suitcase school. Monmouth has excellent looking girls. A lot of girls go to Monmouth.

Tara

Monmouth is known for going to school at the beach, yet the months we go to school the beach is way too cold to be on. Monmouth is a private school, so students are stereotyped as being rich.

They're rich and snobby.

Tom

mainly white, jewish, rich. mostly nj residents or the surrounding states. very pretty girls

Suzy

That we are all rich and stuck up.

Julia

People think Monmouth's a suitcase college. People think the students are snobby and stuck up. People think we're all guedo's and bennies.

Alyssa

All the girls are the same, Monmouth is like community college

That rich people attend the school.

Reese

Monmouth is a party school.

everyone wears uggs! As well as monmouth sweats to class. Monmouth is a suitcase school.

Justin

I do not believe that Monmouth and its students have a stereotype. It is what you make of it while you are a student. Yes we do have different classes of people but doesn't every college? You have the students with more money then others, the ones that like to party more then others, and the ones that are there to get the job done and that is it. Monmouth is known for its great academic programs and beautiful campus. The location is perfect and fits everyones needs. I do not believe that we are a party school, yes many students have and attend them but it is part of the college experience.

Mel

There's a lot of 'guidos' and sluts

Bobby

Suit-case school, Overly populated with local students, strict alcohol policy

Christine

We really don't have stereotypes here at Monmouth University. Everyone is very friendly and helpful as well. It's very easy to make friends here.

Gene

MU is a good place to chill, small so teacher notice you in class they are there for help and Mu is right by the beach

Tristin

Monmouth is full of snotty little rich kids. All of the girls are trashy and the guys all act like your typical guido from staten island.