Bronx, NY
Monroe College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Monroe College

Mariam

Monroe errs on the “vocational school” spectrum. Essentially, it’s the type of institution for those who want a second shot at college (think academically dismissed and the kids who barely passed high school). The academic facilities are subpar at best, and the teaching quality mirrors that of a common core curriculum. It’s a private institution so the tuition price is legalized theft. Transferring in is easy enough, but transferring out is a hassle. The campus culture mirrors its south Bronx surroundings so keep that in mind. A positive however, is the school’s dedication to your getting the most out of being there. I’m talking internships, job fairs, the whole shebang (don’t expect to land a Times job but you get the gist). All in all, is it a “good” school? Depends on what you’re looking for really. It’s nothing to tout on about but it can be a stepping stone to better access to a successful future. Granted you’re on top of things.

Katherine

I LOVE Monroe College The support system in all areas is wonderful. Students and staff both care about the success of all their students. .Even the ones who have disabilities

Samaria

Before finding my way to Monroe College I have visited CUNY, SUNY, and other private colleges that just did not make me feel excited to learn. But once i came to Monroe they made me feel at home. They cared about what I wanted in life and walked me through the process of enrollment. At the New student orientation President Jerome told us that COLLEGE IS AN INVESTMENT IN YOURSELF! If you believe you can do it and you invest your time in learning, invest in projects and assignments, invest in getting great grades than you would never have to worry about failing. Monroe staff helps you when you need it, they have your back when you feel like you can not do it and they push you to finish what you started. They are flexible with class scheduling and the professors teach you so you understand. Me personally I invested in myself after taking 3 years off from High school and now I plan on going for my masters. And I am in my third semester of my associates with a 3.9 GPA and I could not be anymore happier.

Lillian

It is a great place to graduate fast and get right to work. The small class sizes really help you get one on one time with the professors and they're almost always available. Both the New Rochelle and Bronx campuses are great but you might get lost the first day of class.

michelle

Monroe College is a good school to attend. The professors generally cares about the student and try their best to help the students pass. Professors also help students who are not theirs. Tutoring is always available as well as other facilities. The school is just very costly.

Val'Lavez

I love Monroe, they work with your schedule as much as possible and want to see you succeed more than you do. The professors are always accessible for questions and even willing to text or have phone conversations to give us students better and much needed clarification.

Sean
MONROE FROM MY EYES

Great campus and very friendly staff and students.

MONROE FROM MY EYES

Great campus and very friendly staff and students.

AHM Masfiqur
What are the most popular classes offered?

The most popular classes offered are Programming and networking and other liberal arts subjects

What are the most popular classes offered?

My favorite classes are C++ with Mr Nick and Visual Basic with Mr. Encore. Class participants are common among students and lecturers The students are very competitive I am doing Major in Information Technology Yes I do spend time with professors outside the class talking about mobile apps and projects

Tell us about your professors.

The professors are really knowledge about the subject and especially they are really helpful toward their students so that we can get our course work done in no time

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

Library or empty class rooms are the best place to get your work done

A person who is most likely to get a good degree with an affordable price especially in New York, then this college is a good choice

Smithen

Common stereotypes at the school may consist of differences with International students such as Caribbean students different cultural backgrounds.However, the school does a great job at exposing all students to different cultural activities and events.

Some popular groups/clubs on Monroe College campus are Writers Block Club and Information Technology Student Association. I am not yet actively involved in either clubs, however, I am exploring joining both clubs in the near future. The dating scene at the college is geared toward the younger students, mostly late teens to mid twenty year olds. Since, attending college I have not partied much. However, attending social events and gatherings have been the norm. On Saturday nights I spend time studying and prepping for the week ahead.

Students of all racial backgrounds, religions and socio-economic background attend Monroe College. There is no racial divide, all students are equally given the opportunity to excel and gain from the Monroe College environment. There are so many students with varying backgrounds. I doubt anyone will feel out of place in such a diverse college environment. Students attend classes dressed casually and relaxed. The college welcomes all financial backgrounds, it is quite difficult to tell the financial background that is most prevalent within the school.

The academics at Monroe College are challenging. The classes are moderate sized and each tutor outlines the course syllabus requirements sufficiently to allow the student to gain core understanding of what is expected as a student. Class participation is a common characteristic of each class. Students are expected to show their skills and knowledge development. Students are quite competitive and focused on education. My favorite class this semester is IT100. This course lays a firm foundation for my BSC Information Technology degree. I spend little time with professors outside the classroom, however, I plan to spend more time with them as the semester progresses

Monroe College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.