Rochester, NY
Monroe Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Monroe Community College

Ariel

My classmates were very diverse and friendly. Most classmates communicated with each other, especially if someone had a question or was having troubles with a particular course. Some of my classmates approached me for help and I would approach otheres when I needed help.

Ariel, Take it easy. You think you want to be a doctor but life choices and experiences will lead you where you are suppose to be. I know you are beating yourself up for denying that small scholarship to University of Rochester, but don't. You only applied to Monroe Community College and maybe you should have applied to more colleges to broaden your options, but Monroe Community College is good for you. You love to help people and you will do just that at MCC. You will find yourself above the average college student there academically but that's okay. This will give you the chance to help people with their grades and meet new friends. You may want more challenging classes but MCC will provide you with the basics that you think you already know but you really don't. Don't put MCC below you because it is honestly over your financial standings; don't put anything below you. You need to work your way up and you will do exactly that. You will be able to work and go to school and save money. Don't take a single day or class for granted. Always smile.

Monroe Community College was an easy transition from High School to College but is an extremely well known Community College around the nation. You receive the education you need for a fraction of the price and class sizes as a university.

Michele

My school has the most amazing dorms, which were built within the past 10 years. The dorms are huge and they give you an amzing experience to meet new people through all of the activities and events. Mnroe Community college also has great professors, for a much lower price. My professors and advisors have helped me so much already to figure out what path I want to take in order to acheieve my career and further schooling goals.

If I could go back in time to my senior year of high school, I would tell myself to work harder on applying for scholarships. I am extremely happy with my choice to go to community college, but if i had scholarships for it, my pursuit to go to a University in the future would have been much less expensive. Scholarships are an extremely important part of college that you ignore as a senior because you are excited about starting a new life and having freedom. I recently went to my high school and told this advice to current seniors so that they can keep in mind how important it is to research ways to pay for college.

I wish that I knew how many people lived so close. Obviously, since it is a community college, people live close, however, it is tricky on weekends and breaks when people go home and I cannot. I live in New Hampshire, therefore, going home is not possible for me on weekends. I wish I had thought about this ahead of time, but luckily I have extended family close-by that I stay with and work for when my friends go home.

meghan august

The carnival we have in the spring! AWESOME!

The carnival we have in the spring! AWESOME!

Huh this is difficult. I would say rude people. Its sort of accurate as i said earilar it seems like people don't have any manners.

This is tricky as i am not really in acadmeic clubs. I can tell video gaming is popular. I see alot of people in the video game lounge. But also Anime club is fairly popular. Not in that one any more but yeah i am impressed how popular it is.

So so. Some professors are jerks. But most of the ones i have had are really nice and helpful. They have alot of neat classes. Some that might even have opportunities to go abroad.

If I were to go back in time to my high-school self I would have a lot to say to myself. I'd sit high-school me and tell myself everything they should expect. I would tell myself to study hard, go get extra help every free chance I get. I'd tell myself to talk and create relationships with professors in the future because this can help improve on grades , understanding a class better, and professors love to feed knowledge to students. Another thing i would tell myself is to join clubs I'd enjoy because its a great way to meet new people wall doing something you love or something knew you have always wanted to try. Before I leave my high-school self I'd tell myself college just isn't about test, homework, studying, but you need to take the time in your college years to find out who you are as a person and who you want to be.

When first going to school I wish I knew how big the work load. I really did not take work seriously and it jeopardized the first half of the semester very badly for me, but now I try to stay on top of my work each and everyday.

The worst thing about school would have to be taking test. I have always had very bad test anxiety and free up during test and quizzes. I'll spend the whole night studying to only have the test put in front of me to draw a big white blank.

Amy

I would tell myself to go get my permit and license a lot earlier because commuting to college without a car and license would be a huge hassle. Relying on my grandmother and mother to drive me back and forth is not only a pain for them, but also a pain for me because I can't stay on campus for too long. I would tell myself to learn to manage my time better. It's true that the assignments aren't all too bad, but they are time consuming. I would remind myself that college is only as hard as I make it out to be, so I should focus on getting assignments done earlier and not procrastinate like I have done through high school. Procrastination will only make things harder for me. Also, the second most important advice to myself, sign up for classes as early as possible! This will help to avoid signing up for classes on the weekends and week nights. The most important advice is to not give up. You made it as a senior and you will make it to college. Keep going and don't look back.

As a person who wasn't too sure about what I wanted to do or where I wanted to go, I decided to go to Monroe Community College. Because I was unsure of which college I wanted to go to, MCC was a good option because I would be able to save money in the long run while still be able to continue my education and find what I want to do. A person who is unsure and still needs time to figure things out as well as not be financially able should go to MCC.

When I talk to my friends about my school, I tell them about the great marketplace that the school has. It includes a Subway and Dunkin' Donuts as well as other fantastic places to eat. There are many places around the school, lounges and study areas, that allow you to sit and study or hang out with your friends, make new friends.

Tyler

Monroe Community College is underestimated; we have outstanding sports teams and academic achievements.

Making the shift from High School to College was not as difficult for me as other people made it seem. If I could go back and tell myself one thing about college at the start of senior year, I would say that college is really "thirteenth grade". The only significant changes for me were the amount of homework assignments, the amount of people around me that I know only as strangers, and the freedom you experience without teachers over your shoulder rushing you to class all day. The advice I would give to myself as well as any other high schooler nervous about the shift would be to not stress. The homework is easily manageable if you budget your time; set aside a few hours every night and you will get it done I promise. Next I would advise everyone, outgoing or shy, to take a chance and talk to new people; look for people similar to yourself or friends and start a conversation, who knows where it will lead. Lastly I would tell myself to enjoy the freedom while it lasts; soon enough we'll be adults in the real world working towards even bigger and better things.

I wish I had known more about student activities on campus before I came to MCC.

Janay

Monroe Community College is a beautiul and multi-faceted campus that offers the opportunity to explore career options at a third of the cost of a regular university.

I would probably tell myself to, "Have faith and keep moving." I didn't have much direction after high school, but I wouldn't take away that time I was lost because I needed it to truly think about and set my goals up.

I wish I had known I would be living off campus. I would have planned more and taken more steps to either find and hold down a job or looked in to more scholarships earlier in the year, rather than later.

Mary

Dear my past self, You make good decisions for the next two years after high school. You receive your liberal arts degree-that's the best step you take. Now, during those two years, give yourself some time to figure out what career to choose. Don't look at me confused! You know deep in your heart the career path you are going down is lead by someone else, and it's not your real desire. I know you're interested in technology and you should pursue that. If you cannot make a decision on your career path- go military. Technically, you're going to join the US Navy, but I would really like you to join the Air Force. Why not the Navy? You have a problem with living on the ship. Don't get me wrong, you love your job and working on the flight deck, but you hate living on it. There's barely any privacy, and there are no weekends on a ship. You work 12 hours everyday! Now, while in college: go for a high GPA, join two clubs, become an officer of one club, and dump that boyfriend of yours! Yours truly, Yourself

Rude, inconsiderate people should not attend this school. My experiences have shown me students that are forced by their parents to attend college or move out. Those students are ungrateful for the home they are able to stay in. In the future, I hope more students with good attitudes and determination attend this college.

I don't normally brag, but I would mention that MCC is one of the top ten community colleges in the country. I would like to point out that the faculty and staff care about their students achieving academic success. Students that enroll to MCC are of all ages. The traditional student is no more. I have seen ages 18 through 80 attend this wonderful college. Back in 2008, an 80 year old woman was at MCC to achieve a GED, because she never graduated high school. I would recommend MCC to anyone!

Katrina

Monroe Community College is a educational and well informed institution that allows students to study for much less money than a private or large SUNY campus.

I can go back in time and i tell myself to see what other schools are out there. I made the mistake of only applying to one institution. I would have rather chosen from a bunch of campuses than just one. The one i went to was awful with drama. I most definately would tell myself to be careful of who you make friends with and not trust people so easily. I would tell myself to stear clear of people who are fake and just want attention. I would definately tell myself to get a single room. I had a lot of roommate problems. I would make sure that i stress the fact of attending a community college first. its cheaper and allows you to get all your general education courses out of the way.

I brag about how welcoming and friendly the staff is when first starting out at the campus.

Debra

Assuming I could go back in time and talk to myself a High School Senior, knowing what know now anout College in making the transction, the advice I would give to myself would be to never take life for granted. So, many opportunties came my way and for some reason or other I just let them pass by. I feel every opportunity to get the best College Education should be ones first priorty. I would advise anyone one that is contemplating whether or not to go to College should think long and hard and make that choice. I feel every one is entitled to the best possible Education as poosible. Again, no child should be left behind. Thank you

I most brag about the Professors, they are truly great. I feel they are easy to talk to and I give them a good rating because of their professionalism

I feel the most frustrating things about the school is that lines are long in the Bookstore and that it means waiting for long periods of time

Monroe Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.