Rochester, NY
Monroe Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Monroe Community College

Arilyssa

It's a good environment and I've learned many things here.

It's a good environment and I've learned many things here.

They're always willing to learn, just like I am.

If I was to go back and talk to myself as a highschool senior I would tell myself not to listen to what anyone had told me about what college was really like. I would tell myself that it's not as bad as people say it is, and it's a really great experience. I would also tell myself that nobody is ever prepared to attend college, and no student is ever ready for the transition from highschool to college. The best way to prepare yourself for college is to start being independent in highschool and rely less on your teachers for the help that they give. It's very important to start relyng on yourself and what you're capable in doing.

Mariesa

Small class sizes, amazing professors, and lots of campus activities and clubs.

Small class sizes, amazing professors, and lots of campus activities and clubs.

A community college is the way to go if you're trying to save money and get a good education. It also makes transfering a lot easier. Its also a chance to take courses in various subjects to see what you want to focus on in the future.

For a Community College, it is a very good school. We have mulitple professors that have their doctorate degree. The dorms are extremely nice for any college in general, the suites are like apartments.

I would probably have done better in my classes and have taken harder classes. I would also have tried to gain better study habits. College is based on a few big grades and I didn't do as good as I could have because I don't know how to study. Also I learned to be more accepting of many types of people in college. You have to learn how to live with people and look past your differences.

The dorms, because we have two bathrooms for four girls. Also I am paying less for my education then people that are going to four year schools. I am just getting my basic degree because I don't know what I want to do and at the same time saving money.

Torrie

If I had the opportunity to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to focus on deadlines and be sure to practice good attendance while I still have the opportunity to get used to it. I would make sure I planned on taking the S.A.Ts and advise myself to become more self reliant when dealing with papers and projects. The opportunity to speak to myself as senior in high school would allow me to say that no class is an "easy A" every class takes effort and attention and that it should not be taken lightly. I believe this option would better prepare many students my age or even older who may have made a few mistakes that weren't worth as much as they once thought. In the end the most important message I would relay to myself would be don't be afraid to ask for help or worry about studying because in the end it is my own future and dreams that it all comes down to.

I consider the lack of quality learning centers to be the worst thing about our school. Granted that MCC is a community college I believe our studying materials should not only match one another but also be updated and in good shape. After all, even though the students aren't paying top of the line prices they should still get a top of the line education.

I believe that the type of person who should not attend MCC is the one whom takes the opportunity for granted. MCC is a great college and someone who goes there to simply waste time or party makes it extremely unfair to those of students who are unable to attend or afford a higher end college. People who look at MCC as a joke are not the type of people who deserve what the school has to offer. Thus, should not attend the school.

Purvaja

There are many things that I would have advised myself about for the transition into college. Firstly, it would be to learn how to manage your time. Learning how to manage your time is the most important thing in college. Secondly, I would have advised myself about how to look into scholarships and apply for many of them. Money is a killer when it comes to college. It difficult to pay the amount of tuition and so you end up taking out a lot of loans whereas, you can reduce the amount of loan you take out by getting more and more scholarships. Lastly, I would have practiced some better studying habits either by myself or in groups. Studying is the key to success in college and there are many ways to go about it. Knowing the way you study best will help you when you reach in college. College is a huge transition from high school and these little, little things can help you to succeed.

I wish I had known that there is a two plus two program with the University of Rochester for Biomedical Engineering. If I had known I would not have gone to Rochester Institute of Technology and wasted a year.

The main thing I brag about is that it's cheap and still high quality education. I came to Monroe Community College from Rochester Institute of Technology to better my grades and the best thing about it is that it is very cheap and the teachers are great.

Monroe Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.