Monroe, MI
Monroe County Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Monroe County Community College

Emmanuel

Monroe county community college is a nice college to go to, safe money for the future, along with some amazing professors and staff. I've gotten the privilege of meeting our school president and he is a great role model for others to look upon. He also has done so much for the college to keep it alive and going. That makes me feel safe that the leader of the school wants us to have our education. I love this school and look to get my associates degree here in the near future.

Mary Ann

The best thing about Monroe Community College is the many many programs they offer and at a low cost. The college has been totally renovated and now has modern apartment student housing for those out of town. It has a new very good Theater Arts program for acting and for someone who wants to work back stage. The college has great sports and extra circular activites and students who help people with in the community. The college is large and I like it like that because of the diversity and it's a huge campus and a new campus in Rochester NY where Eastman Kodak headquarters once was will become a city Monroe Community College campus along with the main campus in Brighton. The people are great and the kids are good kids. I have as an older student had no issues with younger students the purpose is not about age but we are there to learn. That can happen at any age. I haven't heard any complaints personally about the college. Thank you Mary Ann Muto

This is a college that has no sterotype except it has grown and by that it's been renovated within the past 10 years and diversity is very good on campus as we learn things from people different from ourselves. The college is condidered one of the top Juinor colleges in the country.

I would say sports is very popular such as basketball, hockey and baseball. Political activities and groups voting for college President and others. The theater groups and writing contests are good. There are more than I know of right now.

Chelsea

Monroe County Community College is a very clean and friendly school.

Monroe County Community College is a very clean and friendly school.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to concentrate on my receiving better grades. I always thought if I received B's or C's I would do just fine in college. I wish I would have concentrated more on receiving A's instead of a passing grade. Also, I wish I would have applied for scholarships as a senior in high school. Many people told me how expensive college was going to be but I never listened. I wish I would have saved more money for my college eduation.

The best thing at Monroe County Community College is the people. All the staff and most of the professors are very caring and dedicated to their jobs. They will go out of their way to make you feel like you understand what you are learning.

raeanne

It's smaller and its not as hard to find your way around.

It's smaller and its not as hard to find your way around.

Go to college and finish your degree right away. If you don't stay in college you are going to have dead end jobs and live pay check to pay check and you won't have anything great in life. You will only regret it.

It's an easy access school in a town that doesn't have a lot of traffic. Its a smaller school and isn't hard to get lost.

Don't give up! College is hard but anyone can do it if they set their mind on something. Study hard!! try to be as involved as possible because it helps to meet new people not just the ones in your class(s)

Someone who is lazy and who does not want to further their education.

Natalie

Not only is it a Community College with a small group of students, but the students that attend there still have youth and livelihood. I like to refer to this college as a small lake. I have outgrown this lake and need to venture out into the sea.

Out of my college experience, I have gained an understanding of a variety of things; art and its roots, society and its culture, a deeper comprehension of our thought processes... And much more to add to the list. The best part of what I have learned is that I can apply them to everyday life and occasionally get a Jeopardy question right. I can also add complexity and depth to conversations I never thought I would be able to engage in. College has been a valuable experience for me because I finally get a taste of the real world; this bittersweet nectar that is so menial and common. However, since I am still young, I have yet to challenge myself further in this real world and take advantage of my opportunities to the fullest.

The professors I have that provide depth and understanding in the classes. Also about the things I have learned and how I am able to apply my education.

Lori

Monroe Community College contributes to the community by providing a variety of education opportunities to Monroe County residents. I am attending two colleges and I believe they meet the needs of their students. The faculty and staff at Monroe County Community College are very helpful and the services they provide enrich the academic life of the students.

My college experience has been very enriching and rewarding. I am able to view the world and workplace in a different way. I feel my education has had a very positive effect on the way I perform my job duties and it also helped me to develop into a better person by making educated choices in everyday life.

I would have like to know more about the career counseling services that were available. I have 105 credits and I am currently taking a business class at the Monroe County Community College and I am enrolled for three classes at Siena Heights. I would have liked more direction in the pursuit of a career. I am pursuing a multi disciplinary major at Siena Heights to help bring my credits from Monroe community College in to some form of a bachelor’s degree.

Nichole

My classmates are very diverse in everyway; from age to personality, we have got mixed groups of traditional and non-traditional students.

The advice that I would give myself would be to look into more scholarships, get part-time job and be organized. Scholarships are great ways to help pay for college and if you are a good student that try's hard and study's then you will have a better chance than if you did not. I would also say that getting a part-time job while in school is beneficial because it will teach you how to manage your time better and you will learn how to manage and save your money for college. In college you have to manage your time accordingly and make sure you have time to read and study because when you go to school that is what becomes your first job, then any other part-time job that you have to go along with it will be your secondary job. Learning this earlier on would have been easier for me, now I realize how much more organizing that I have to do to be effective in life.

The first thing that comes to my mind would be billable contact hours. The students are charged for how long we are in the class room instead of how many credits we are taking. For instance, science class with a lab is 4 credits but we will get charged 8 credits because that is how long we are in the classroom. This is not fair for students because a lot of us do not have the funds to pay double when we are only getting half of the credits.

Alexis

Since I began college at the age of fourteen, I did not have a high school senior experience. However, if I could go back in time and talk to myself before starting college, I would reassure myself. I would tell myself that college would be a challenge but that I was fully capable of succeeding and to not be so hard on myself. I would also encourage myself to take more classes and delve into subjects that interested me, like art. I would also suggest taking math and speech and conquering my fear of failing at something that was hard for me. I would also encourage my self to be bolder and more outgoing and to disempower my insecurities.

The worst thing about Monroe County Community College is the administration and their poor handling of money. I believe the school is run like a business and is detrimental to education. The same semester college tuition rose, the college buildings were unnecessarily remodeled. Budgets are being cut in ways that damage education and the phenomenal art department is hit the hardest. Negotiations between the faculty and administration are not harmonious and there is fear that the college will lose its excellent full time teachers and be reduced to an entirely adjunct-staffed institution.

The school is designed to be a good starting point for anyone. It provides a good education for students transfering to more prestigious institutions while being paced slowly enough for even the dumbest moron. There are also great facilities for students who seek tutoring (nearly every subject is available) or have learning disabilities and need accomodation. The college would be a good fit for anyone.

Katie

The most unique thing about my school is the professors are very personal with you and they know you on a first name basis. This is very unique because most colleges know you as your student number and the professors do not care as much how you do in their class. Monroe County Community College has nice small classes so that when you walk into your classroom, you look like you are walking into a high school classroom and not into a giant lecture hall. Monroe is a very nice city, it is nice to have a nice college too.

In my senior year of high school, I decided to dual enroll at Monroe County Community College. I took three classes over the course of my senior year and it really gave me an eye opener for college. I took English composition one and I really enjoyed it because it helped me learn how to write a college leveled paper. As I was taking English, I decided to take a general Psychology course too. This class was very interesting because my high school did not offer Psychology so I learned a lot. My second semester of being a high school senior I took a general computer class and I really liked this class because I learned how to write papers and how to make slide shows. By doing dual enrollment it allowed me to look at college in a different point of view because I by going to a small high school, you think that you can always stay in a small community, but the reality is that everyone has to move on and go to a larger school. The advice I would give myself if I could go back, is to take more dual enrollment classes throughout the year.

The best thing about Monroe County Community College is the staff, they are always willing to help you and they strive to assist you with your degree. I also really like how the professors are constantly allowing you to ask questions and they answer the questions to the best of their knowledge or they write the question down and let you know at the next class period. I also think the best thing about Monroe Community College is that the prices to attend there are affordable. Most colleges are unbelievably expensive for the same classes I can take at Monroe.

Monroe County Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.