Billings, MT
Montana State University-Billings

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Montana State University-Billings

Kelsie

"Life is what we make it; always has been, always will be." This quote by Grandma Moses describes my college experience. As a freshman, I learned to take advantage of the opportunities that arose in my classes, in organizations on campus, and in my personal goals. College taught me to generate my own success. By learning how to do things on my own, I taught myself to create my own path. Not only did I learn independence that proved very valuable to my pursuit of a career, but I have created many friends, advisors, and relationships. These networks give me a chance to learn something new every day and better my life. As a small town girl coming going into college, I learned the possibilities are endless. Higher education allows me to use my talents and strengths to make life what it should be, the pursuit of happiness, success, and accomplishment.

Everyone is super helpful and willing to assist me whenever I am in need or have questions to answer. I feel like my money is put to use in improvements on campus, plenty of on-campus activities, and willing staff to encourage and promote education.

Someone who loves having a lot of people around with sororities and fraternities. We are all down to earth and not super high-strung, while still motivated. The campus is very small, surrounded by a big city.

Erin

MSU-B is best known for its Teacher College, the Business program and Nursing.

MSU-B is best known for its Teacher College, the Business program and Nursing.

When I was in college I got some of the best educational experinces, memories and friendships that would not have happened had i not been in school. I got the chance to watch myself grow as a person, student and a future teacher. I had the opprotunity to work with well educated teachers and learn great things from them that I have been able to use in my everyday life and in the classroom. The memories of the many different people I got to learn with and work with helped me understand different cultures, hertiages, and desires shared by many people in all areas of life. I have made many friends that I still talk with today. I am able to also learn from them from their teaching and learning as they are able to learn from my experinces. MSU-B was a great school with many opprotunities for anyone that is willing to look.

I really enjoyed my education at MSU-Billings and had a great experince there. I have nothing bad to say about this school.

Mihail

My classmates are very supportive and always up for a challenge.

My classmates are very supportive and always up for a challenge.

Throughout my college experience I have gained a greater understanding of how the world works. I have become involved in a number of civic groups from the contacts I made going to school at Montana State University Billings. My experiences have changed the way I live and make me strive to give back to my community. I look forward to giving back more to the community when I finish my Master's in Education and begin teaching at the elementary school level.

I usually tout the small class sizes, the accessability of the professors, and the beautiful grounds.

Alecia

Everyone is vastly different in every class and they all are pursuing their dreams which are also vastly different.

I would tell my self to push through the last year of drama becuase what was coming is not as bad as it sounded. I would tell my self in the future i will be treated like the responsible adult that i am. I would say that all the problems i had were not worth the stress and pain i went through with my friends. College for me is more challenging than high school education wise, which is good, but it is much easier in the sense of popularity, social status, and worrying about what people think of you.

I wish i had known the freedom that was to come. High school has so many restrictions and the education was not at the level i should have been learning. College is a challenge but it is a good preparation to the real world. I thought high school was supposed to prepare you for college but it does not do a thorough job. When in college one is treated as an adult not a child who needs restrictions.

Kole

The first thing I would tell myself is to challenge your self with classes that you might not think about taking. This will better prepare you for how to be a better student when your on your own. Another thing would be that it is ok to go ask for help on things. I hated doing it and in college i came to find out that asking for help and doing it right can be a letter grade diffrence in the end. the last thing I would say is to have fun because growing up is hard. your a kid still and most of the people here, you will never see again. I would tell him that for some people your college friends will be the ones you will have forever but that wont be for you. The friends that your have now are special and they will always be there for you. I would tell him college is hard and your going to grow up and go on a path that you never thought you would but for me almost seeing the end i would tell him that its one he will be happy with.

I wish I new more about writing and the correct way to do essays. In high school I wrote one eight page paper in four years and it was hard when i first got to college

I would say the worst thing about my school is that everyone sticks to themselves. It is hard to meet people at my school because so many people just go to class and go home . Wedo not do very much things relating to the school.

Bridget

High school, in a few short words, was fun, fast, and a time for friendships. For me, high school was generally pretty easy; going to class, doing the homework, and passing the tests. All of this with little or no time studying at home. For high school this was apparently just fine, as i graduated with a 3.5 GPA. But if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have many tips and demands to give myself. First, I would tell myself how crutially important studying will be to my college success. I would explain how learning to study while taking simple high school courses would make studying in college more natural. Second, I would explain to myself how friendships in high school are important just like any friendships, but new friends will be made in college. These friendships will last the rest of your life. I would tell myself that it is ok to let go of some old friendships in order to make more meaningful new friendships work. The key to success in college is confidence, dicipline, and exploration. If you have these, life will be great!

The worst thing about Montana State University - Billings is the size of the student population. I have found that since the population is so small, there is little diversity. This causes the campus to seem boring and almost like high school all over again for me. I enjoy interacting with new people and have found that I seem to know more than half of the students I interact with. Knowing some old friends has made this campus a little more comfortable to me, but I would prefer to have the option to interact with new people as well.

To attend Montana State University - Billings, you must love the town of Billings, Montana. A small/medium town person would thrive in Billings. It is not a very large city, but is large enough compared to the surrounding towns. If you love being outdoors, and don't mind the cold winters, Montana would be a great place for you. Also, since MSU-B is such a small school, teaher to student ratios are great! If you love knowing your professors, and not just their names, MSU-B would be a great place for you!

The most important advice I would give myself would be to be develop relationships with people and network with people. Placing time and interest in others reflects character and will be remembered. Another important idea is to take advantage of the opportunities offered at the university and use the resources offered. Getting involved on campus creates a form of investment in the university a sense of ownership. As a Resident Assistant it is clear to see that those who are involved on campus become more attached to the school and build stronger relationships than those who do not take steps to get involved. Students who develop friendships within the university have more fun and more likely to enjoy their college experience. Living in the Residence Halls (dorms) makes adjusting to college easy. There are many people of all ages who have a common goal of obtaining an education. Making friends is easy to do in a residence hall, and on campus housing makes many resources easily available. Apply for scholarships and financial aid!

A person who is interested in one on one type settings of classrooms should consider being a student and MSUB. Someone focused on obtaining a degree and getting to know his or her proffessors should attend MSUB. People who want to be known by their name and not by their identification number should attend this school. The small campus also benefits the tastes of some people.

Someone who does not want to focus on academics and good grades. Those who do not want to earn a degree should not attend. Someone who does not like city life should not take classes at Montana State University Billings.

Shannon

MSU-Billings is an amazing school that is full of wonderful students and committed professors that actualy care about the students that they are teaching, picking faces out of the croud instead of seeing a blurred ocean of numbers.

My classmates are all sharp, supportive people from all walks of life that have come together to further themselves and become better citizens.

No matter how scared you are, you will be strong enough. College is not like High School, but you have the skills to do it. High School has given you the foundation, but it is your turn to build something extraordinary. Be confident when you know the answer, and ask when you haven?t got a clue. You may not know what the answer is, but there are people around you that are more than willing to lend you their hand and support you. Put every effort you can into your work, because there is no way that you can excel when you hold yourself back. Don?t feel all alone, whatever you do because you are never alone in this. Your professors will be more than willing to work with you if you try your hardest. Life is tough and college is there to prepare you for it. In your life you will stumble, but your knowledge and experience will be there to catch you, no matter what tripped you. Do your best and experience everything college has to offer you because, life will be waiting for you on the other side.

Mischele

Why would any one want to go back in time, when they have it all right here in this time. Two beautiful daughters and a husband is such a wonderfulll blessing. Although studing in collage would have been easier right after high school, collage is also about maturity. learning how to study again is more of an adventure than it is work, there are help labs where tutors and more experienced students help with homework. Putting 100% into every assighnment really feels wonderfull. Collage even seems to be usefull in every day life. When starting collage as a more mature adult student classes like history teach about our heritage, not just the past. Learning is fun! Researching about collage is fun. Mischele please jump in with both feet, and dont be afarid to set an example for the generations to come.

I like to tell everyone about all of the things that I am learning in the classes.

I think that the most frustrating thing about the school is how much homework there is.

Tereen

My classmates are either younger or older. Its nice because you can different points of view

I would have waited until I was more mature to understand and be focused. I would have my priorities in order and I would have listened to the people around me to quit parting and fooling around, and be more serious about college.

When you go to college you have to stay focused and have your priorities in order.

Montana State University-Billings administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.