Billings, MT
Montana State University-Billings

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Montana State University-Billings

Kourtnei

If I could go back in time and talk to myself I would tell myself to stay focused and keep your goals and dreams at the front of your list. Even if you have children to early in life or before you are ready for them you can still accomplish for goals and dreams. Matter of fact doing so will help for a better life for your family. Also also stay true to yourself and and stand by your beliefs. No matter what comes at you stay strong. You are a wonderful, caring and friendly person. You always have people in your corner that you can turn to for advise and support. When you need them just ask for help. They will gladly help and support you as they love you and want only the best for you. Work hard and stay focused and you will always accomplish your goals and dreams. Make sure that you always stay true to yourself and nothing can stop you from what you want out of life.

The best thing about my school is that there is a lot of different people who go to school here. There are traditional and non-traditional students. Everyone that goes to school there is happy, friendly and accepting. It is very easy to make friends and meet new people.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is someone who doesn't want to meet new people. Or someone that is open to meeting older non-traditional students.

Krischelle

As a high school senior I was very naive to the world around me. I graduated from a remote Montana school with a class of 42. We didn't lock our doors, we left our car running during the wintertime, and walk by ourselves at night. My hometown was very safe and secure. College is a different story. Bad, unthinkable things actually do happen. It's not just in the movies. If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior persona, I would tell her to protect herself, to be prepared, and to trust but not give it out freely.

I consider the friendly professors and welcoming college community to be the best thing about MSUB. My first semester of college was in North Dakota at the University of Mary. It was an excellent academic school but greatly lacked in the community events that MSUB has. One of the best decisions I have made in my 19 years was to transfer colleges. Although it was a hassle, transferring was well worth it.

At MSUB there are a lot of foreign exchange students because the college does so well at accomodating them. I find it great that Saudi Arabians can come to the United States and get a better education. MSUB is just as welcoming to the foreign exchange students as it is to United States students. I believe that a person who is racist or has difficulty interacting with students from different nations should not attend MSUB.

Skylar

If I could go back and to myself in high school, there is a lot of things I would tell myself in order to be better prepared for college. The biggest advice I would give myself is the take the ACT/SAT a little more serious and actually study. Also, to take as many college credited courses in high school, so I would not of had to take them again in college. Another bit of advice I would tell myself is to figure out what degree I want so finishing school would come in a timely manner. Switching majors and schools becomes difficult and not all credits transfer the same. This could add an additional year to your schooling and make it to where you don't graduate on time. My final advice to myself would be go to the college of your choice and work hard but also allow yourself to have fun. As long as you balance your work, school, and fun time it will make college more enjoyable, and less stressful.

Before coming to Montana State Univeristy-Billings, I would have like to known that the classes for my degree were limited. For example, most classes in the Human and Health Performance program are only offered at one time, and have a maximum class size of thirty students. The difficulty of getting into the classes I wanted is very important to me.

My first year of college was completed at Boise State University, which has a decent sports program, and campus life. The worst thing about Montana State University-Billings is the lack of sports program and campus life. There should be a football team and more for students to do around campus. Maybe even some fun events for the students to get involved with.

Erika

The small campus. It's easy going and everyone is so friendly and helpful. We have a great programs and professors in each college department. The school wants every individual to do their best and see them succeed.

I would tell myself that there is so many options out there. Now looking back, I wish that I would have went to a community college first, then transfered to a bigger university. College is so expensive, and it can be hard to struggle grades with financials. As looking back, I would also tell myself that it is important to save your money. That way in the furture you won't have to pay back as much in loans. Also, to start looking for scholarships and any financial aid that it is possible. The earlier, the better.

That the campus is so small. There are some things that are not offered, and if they were there would be more students attending.

HEATHER

It is easily accessable and easy to get into and the people there are really friendly.

When looking forward to college and getting prepared, one should explore the option of scholarships, grants, financial aid and try your hardest not to take out a student loan. I believe if the right scholarships are found, a student loan is needed when applying for school.If you decide to continue playing sports, there are more scholarships to apply for that help one who plays siorts. Also, one should learn about how to budget money and time as paying for school and living on your own is a big responsibility and with all the studying, there is barely any time for yourself. If you decide to have children before going to college, make sure you have adequete child care in place that is dependable and reliable so you do not have the stress of worrying about taking your child to class with you as most classes will not allow children to attend. When deciding to get a place of your own, look for something that has an option of low income as being employed full time will not be possible. If all those are accomplished, I believe school will be a great success.

i don't think there is anyone who would not want to go to this school and I don't think people who still do not know what to do in life should go becuase it would be a waste of time.

Kahaila

Self, be sure to study for all test ahead of time. Don't wait until dealines to get big assignments done. Always make sure work comes first but also get involved with campus activites. You should have a social life but don't let it get in the way of what's important. Make as many business connections as possible they will help in the future when searching for a job.

Chandel

My school will be my second home to me, everything I need is there and it is very relaxing to have that.

The advice I would give my high school senior self would to take things slow and one day at a time. Do your best without trying to rush through everything. Take every opportunity that is given to you and don't take anything for granted. Enjoy it! live it! and understand that this will all be worth it one day. Listen to your teachers and even if you don't agree with what they are having you do...do it, and do it well and without complaining, because they know what they are doing. Apply for schlorships even when your not sure if you will get any. Don't give up because you will find out how much you are worth and you will be proud of yourself for giving it your all!

I took my first tour today and only thing I wish I would have known before was the size of the classes.

Elana

Being obviously much more learned and matured than I was three years ago, I would have so many things to tell myself as a high school senior. For one, "YOU HAVE TIME"; graduating at 17 was a scary thing for me and I thought I had to make all my decisions right away but in reality I didn't expolde from taking time to figure things out. On a personal note I would definitely tell myself to get some new clothes becuase jeans and a t-shirt everyday was a little on the lame side. I think one of the most important things I would tell myself though would be to appreciate every moment and everyday. Right after senior year I lost a very good friend who I graduated with and the world became very real, and I realized much too late to stop and smell the roses. I was so busy studying and taking every course I could to appreciate the life I had outside of academics; and although very important I think friendship and love to be higher.

If I had a chance to go back in time and able to talk to myself in high school. I would tell myself not to worry about girls because they are going to hold you back. Need to apply for a lot of scholarships before senior year is over. Apply for Art Institute of Washington because you love to cook thats your life. Don't let anybody tell you that you won't make it in the college life. You just have to work a little harder then before.

Heather

I would tell myself to slow down and enjoy the moments while they last. High school does not last forever and the time should be spent wisely. Spend every minute with your friends possible and think about what college classes you take so the future would be easier. Live life to the fullest and don't hesitate to have fun and live a little because that time will not last forever.

Montana State University-Billings administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.