Billings, MT
Montana State University-Billings

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Montana State University-Billings

Mattie

My classmates are wonderful, they are always encouraging and helpful!

My classmates are wonderful, they are always encouraging and helpful!

If I were able to go back in time I would tell myself to stay overnight at Orientation. When I was at Orientation, it wasn't a requirement - it was an option. I chose to go home that evening because I wasn't going to live on campus. Now, I wish I would have. It would have given me so many advantages. I would have met more friends and gotten more involved faster. I got there, but it took a lot longer than if I had made that one choice. It's important to put yourself out there, even if you're scared or shy.

I love my college! MSU Billings has the most interactive staff! Everyone is always encouraging and helpful. I love the size of the campus, as well as the greenery. It's beautiful! Also, the students here are awesome, always welcoming and friendly - there aren't any drug or alcohol problems so that's helpful as well!

stacy

I should have taken high school more seriously. Education is very important to me and I have had the opportunity to learn so much after high school. If I would have just taken high school a little more seriously and engaged more in learning, perhaps I wouldn't have struggled so much after the fact. I also may have earned a scholarship or two to help financially. I didnt grow up in a financially stable home and that extra would have helped. Education is the key to so many doors and I will never take that for granted.

The best thing about MSU-Billings was the peer support that surrounds you. I enjoyed every day of being a student at that school. It was a great place to go to school. It had a true community feeling and people were very friendly.

Before going to school in Billings I wish I would have known more about what the school offered and what the city had to offer. I was not disappointed but I think I would have liked to take more advantage of my surroundings.

Lindsey

You are able to have small classrooms/students in a class.

You are able to have small classrooms/students in a class.

I am you from the future. I wanted to tell you that Montana State University of Billings is a great school academically for Elementary Majors but you will not have much of a social life. You deserve to have fun in college and should get away from the family. You should go somewhere new and stay in the dorms and have the full true college experience. Do not be afraid to break through from your family or speak your mind to your mother and father. Go where you want to go not where they want you to go. Have fun with your life and make memorable moments that will last forever.

People who like a big enviornment and soical school related things happening all the time should not attentd this school.

Before physically moving out to campus and "going" to college, I hadn't thought of higher education as anything more than what my parents wanted me to do. I declared myself in my second year with dual degrees in Film & English, respectively. Looking back, I didn't need to have two majors, especially both of them being in the Arts. But I figured, might as well get the most out of this college thing. Retrospectively, it's a bit funny to think that I thought the value was in the amount of classes. Financially speaking that was the case, but as far as life skills, relationships, problem solving, career identity and all the little things you only learn after being moderately unprepared and facing the issue with nothing but a positive attitude, college was so much more than English 388. I'm not currently enrolled. I dropped out, got a job, and helped my parents financially when they couldn't keep their lights on. The real lesson came when I realized how a diploma really is valuable. Which is why I'm trying to find enough money to finish school in the fall. To me, college equals a positive future.

Cameron

MSU-B is a small school where professors know their students by name rather then just an ID number. I can get all the classes I need while still being able to volunteer, as most classes are in the morning.

I entered college with the expectations that I could skip class whenever I wanted to and that homework would be fairly nonexistent. I learned that I will have homework every night. At first I felt I did not need to read and thought I would get by on just the lectures. I found out that many teachers included material that was outside their lecture in the quizzes and started doing my reading homework. Thankfully I was quick to realize that my preconceived notion of homework was wrong. I am finding that my quiz grades are reflecting this. As for not attending class, I never really had a choice. The majority of my teachers made attending class a must, even docking from overall grades for those students that missed classes. I am glad that my teachers did this because now I would never even consider skipping a class. I thought that college would be less structured than high school in class attendance and homework. I found out that this is quite the opposite. Where it was okay to miss a few classes and forget to turn in a few assignments in high school, this is highly unacceptable in college.

MSU-B is a great educational choice for students who want to get bang for their buck. The classes are small, there are lots of acivites one can get invovled with and the education department is very good. Staff is available if you need academic assistance. The residence advisors make the transition to dorm life easy.

Matthew

I have gotten a great deal of experience not only in the career field I am interested in, but also in how to get by with what I have and to value that. I believe once I graduate I will be able to get my foot in the door and excell right away. Having the military background my expectations are high and with that it has been both rewarding and valuable to my schooling and getting things accomplished. I look forward to the remaining schooling I have and getting to where I want to be in life. I have met some amazing people along the way and hope to be able to utilize things when they are needed.

Rich

I have recieved an education thus far, that will allow me to become a true expert in my profession. I want to be a P.E. Teacher and a Coach and MSBU has provided me with the correct schooling and accedemics that I need to be that great teacher. MSUB is the type of school that pushes you to be inclined at your intended field of study. This is the key to having a great education and being able to succeede once you graduate. I have been to two different universities in Montana and I strongly feel that MSUB is the school for me and the education and friends I have gotten thus far are second to none. I am 100% pleased with everything I have recieved so far from MSUB and I will absolutely return for my grad program in Education.

The best thing about MSUB is the fact that the professors drive you to succeede. They know that you have the abilities to accomplish any task and the provide the information and knowledge to excell and become a true professional in any and all aspects of daily life, from work to home living. MSUB gives their students the chance to be great and accept any challenge that comes thier way.

ANYONE.... simple as that, MSUB provides many different degrees and opportunities for all ranges of acedemics. If a student is interested in a specific field MSUB is there to get you to the apex of your performance, have you graduate with a high gpa and level of knowledge and provides each student with the skills they need to be great in their profession.

Grace

My classmates are opinionated, friendly, funny, and a lot of fun to be around. In a class where you don't know anybody, it's easy to find someone with whom to make a friend, and if you're having trouble in something there is always someone you can go to for help. The campus has a lot of different clubs to get involved with, so even if networking isn't your thing it would be hard NOT to meet people here. (And the food's pretty good, too :))

MSU-B is cheap and friendly. The courses are easy and on any given night there is always something to do.

Attending college is helping me to find myself as a person and to learn the skills I need to do what I want to do in life. Without a college degree, none of my dreams would be possible, and while it's definitely not easy to lead an academically-oriented life every day, this really is how I want to live and work toward my goals. I have a lot of friends both on campus and in town, and if I ever need help in math (often) there's always someone I can text 'help!' to. It's also a nice transitory state to be in between parent-dependant high school and independent life, as I learn how to do basic things like make sure I have enough food over Break and budget for needs over wants. School has never been easy for me (I was diagnosed with severe ADD several years ago) but no matter how badly I am doing there is always help available, from the staff even more than Financial Aid. The school understands my situation and truly wants me to succeed, offering me support and tips whenever I'm around. College is hard, but worth it.

Eileen

I come from a household with a divorced mother with 6 children who worked hard her whole life. I've been working since I was 14. The value of an education is everything to me. I had two cancer scares and over 12 surgeries. I have been divorced twice (one divorce due to abuse) and have 2 children and I want to be an example that no matter what the obstacles or circumstances life gives you, you need to move forward. and succeed. My Motto is without an education... You are nothing. I want to be a something.

Anita

My classmates are very energetic.

My classmates are very energetic.

I have leared a lot from college. I've learned mostly about myself as a person more then intelligence from books. You cannot be taught the value of good family and friends until you are ready. The most important thing I've learned is you cannot start college until you find in yourself that you are ready.

A person who is not ready to decide their furture shouldn't attend MSU-Billings.

Montana State University-Billings administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.