Montana State University-Billings Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Montana State University-Billings

Claire

It is not technically a Community College, but it has that feel. There was a 35 year old pregnant woman living in the dorms, a 60 year-old non-degree seeking foreign exchange man living in the dorms as well.... Billings is not a college town, it is a town for the elderly and young families, not a typical college experience. Great for nontraditional students, and the tuition is very low, comparatively. The professor are really nice and helpful. I would not recommend this school to someone wanting a "College experience".

MSUB is a decent college to go to. I have liked mostly all of my professors and they are very knowledgeable about their subjects. I do have to say, even though I haven't used it, MSUB have wonderful student services and friendly staff to help you with whatever you may need. The atmosphere is usually loud and busy between classes but is quite during classes. Tuition is a great price as well.

hannah

Montana State University Billings has a beautiful, yet charming campus that is always kept up nicely. The classes that I have attended are all of a manageable size that allowed personable relationships with both the professors and other students. I have created meaningful relationships with many of the faculty members who are always extremely polite and willing to help. It's not a big campus which is sometimes nice because everyone knows everyone else. If you are looking for a fun, welcoming, and all together academically rewarding community, MSUB is the place for you. I have had a great time here and hope to continue to have rewarding experiences.

Caitlyn

It is a fine school, I think it could have the capabilities to be better, I feel like you over pay for the actual education you receive . If I received outstanding education the price of tuition would make more sense. The price of parking is is outrageous

Kylie

It's a great campus! Every building is in walking distance, and they have a wonderful warm welcoming feel to it when you arrive. The staff is very nice and able to answer any questions you may have. The students are happy to see any new faces around and the general population of the area is in a great and wonderful place. I highly recommend this school for attending.

Jarom

I have not yet started, but from what I know and see, I think it seems like a great place to learn and be apart of. I've visited it a few times and am scheduled to attend in January. I like the administration and how they are to me over the phone. It seems like it has a great campus and learning center. I cant wait to start in January.

Larissa

I love the area, people and academics of this school. There is a lot to offer and the people and staff are so welcoming! I recommend this school to most of my friends. The food is great also which is an important part of on-campus living. The school offers so many programs that are appealing to any student.

Jeremy

I liked attending classes there. It would have been nice to have been able to stay and finish school there, rather than to have to transfer to Bozeman. It is a small campus but I personally enjoyed the quietude and the accessibility to the professors. There was a very close-knit appeal to the environment, which is what lent to the overall feeling of security.

Emma

From the view of a science student, I think the professors and the academics at Montana State University-Billings are taken seriously. The science professors especially take great concern with how you advance through their courses; often stopping you in the hallway to discuss how they could help you succeed or do better if an exam score was less than favorable. Classes are fun and interesting, and I learn something new everyday. It's a great place to come if you are looking to broaden your intellectual horizon.

Most professors are wonderful. So far, the MSUB experience has changed my life. The professors understand that life happens, and are very flexible. The week before finals i was kicked out of my house. My professors allowed me to reschedule finals and figure out my personal stuff with their support. It's a wonderful environment and I couldn't be more happy.

Alexandria

overall the school is amazing and willing to help every step of the way even with the virus that changed the world they have done amazing!

Tyler

All students are encouraged to become actively involved in campus life. Students who are engaged in student clubs and organizations have an opportunity to develop valuable leadership skills, meet new people, and help shape and influence the student experience on campus. In addition, students who have made a valuable connection to a student organization are more likely to be engaged in the classroom and in their fields of study. Student Life at MSU Billings offers a wide range of ways to get involved, including leadership organizations, community service, campus ministry, athletics, performing and visual arts, special interest groups, cultural groups, and more.