Havre, MT
Montana State University-Northern

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Montana State University-Northern

Tristan

Other than the nursing program, there really isn't anything outstanding about this school. It's a generic, small town school that caters to in-state students. Also, I detest having to take classes online when they could easily be taught in real time by anyone with a modicum of intelligence. However, the school is reasonably priced and nearby, so I chose to attend for those reasons.

Elli

I am currently enrolled as a dual credit student at the college and my local high school. I have taken twelve credits as of now and will be able to graduate high school with thirty college credits. I have taken these classes online, and have second-hand knowledge of the facility. The political scene is nonactive, and the art department is not as well supported as our sports and diesel mechanics programs. From what I have heard, it is easy to get drugs, but this is due to how easy it is to get drugs in Havre in general. We border Canada, and the campus is two miles away from a Mountain range. On campus, drug use is minimal from when I visit, and there are multiple support groups for students and nonstudents to get clean. Our college has a ninety-nine percent acceptance rate and is the cheapest option for in-state students. The college support veterans coming back and have options that allow those coming home to pay almost nothing. Our community will higher recently graduated students, everyone I know who graduated from Northern has gotten a job within six months. I have taken one class at the campus, a sociology course every Tuesday and Thursday. It is required to take the course or psychology in your freshman year. The class was highly engaged with the teacher, and everyone was supportive of each other. When I missed class for a week, I had no problem getting the required material. Everyone is aware that they are not in a large expensive private school, and no one is truly better than each other. Our sports are small compared to other schools in the state but highly supported. I will be transferring to the larger state school after I graduate, but if I Northern had my degree, I would love to stay there.

danielle

I think our school is best know for our deisel Mechaniic program. People come from all over to take that course. We have one of the best!

If i could go back in time and talk to myself i would definatley tell myself to take advantage of all the help high school teachers offer, and to work as hard as possible to get the bes grades i possibly can. I would also tell myself to apply for all the scholarships possible. High school to college is a huge transition and i wish i still had teachers who went step by step in class. Most college proffesors do not care whether you pass or not and thats all high school teachers care about. they are there to help you with whatever is needed. that is the main thing i would want. is to take advantage of all the help and learn as much as i possibly could. College is hard. And knowing that there is minimal help in college (unless you are in tutoring) in high school i would have definatley soaked up as much knowledge of mu major as i possibly could. Applying for more scholarships would have been a great help too, it would cut the cost of my freshman year in half or even more than half.

i would have to say that all the extraacurrecular activities that Norther offers, and of course sports.

David

Some classmates that attend my school are very nice and helpful to me, others not so much.

Being a high school senior I was a star athlete in my school. I thought at the time I was indestructible, but I wasn’t at all. Turns out there is a lot bigger world out there then what just lies in your high school. What made my choice in choosing a college as a senior was my football scholarships. My family has never had very much money, but they did love me very much. I made my choice for college by the amount of money that was offered for me in football. I only but three choices. MSU-Northern offered me the most which still was only a fraction of my total costs for a full year of college. Looking back I wouldn’t change very much. I’m still doing what I love, and that’s studying in a university while playing football. At times it can be rough for me, but I know through God all things are possible. Only thing I think I would of told myself differently in high would be “work harder for a better sport scholarship and study harder for better grades.” I never knew how much those would have affected my life.

Any person can attend this school that is out-going, courageous, and never scared to be an over achiever. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

Kylie

After my first semester of college, I've learned that attending really is the only way you're going to have a better life. In the end you'll make more money, have better jobs, and there's more opportunity for people with degrees. I even use to think that I would still live a good life if I didn't go to college, but I gave it a chance and came anyway. I'm glad I did. College helps even outside of the classes. You learn what it's like to live on your own and become dependant on yourself, especially if you're like me and attending a college in a different state than where you grew up. Attending is definitely well worth it.

The worst thing at Northern would have to be..how no one really explains anything to you when you first arrive. Take the financal aid for example, what it is or how it works was never really explained to me. I had to figure it out on my own and it ended up hurting me since I didn't understand it. Now I'm in more debt than I would have been had financial aid been explained to me in more detail.

The most frustrating thing at Northern is not knowing what your grades/assignments you've had. Like, very very few teachers put up our assignments and grades on an online class website. If every teacher would do that it would definitely help for a lot of us. Seeing our grades and knowing the assignments, and having them explained online where we could all look by our own password would help tremendously! It'd definitely be great on a day you couldn't make class that way you'd still know what the homework was and turn it in on time.

Andrea

MSU-Northern has small classes so the students have more access to one on one time with the teacher. Students are also able to interact with other students more easily. If a student has about anything outside of the classroom, he is easily able to get assistance without waiting.

I have learned a lot about life so far in my college experience. I have learned why society works the way it does and why it is important for it to work the way it does. I have met many intelligent people in college who have taught me the things that I could have never learned through a text book. Through college, I have learned what it means to be honest, to work hard, and to reach a goal. College has shown me the many options available for study. Most importantly, college has taught me the importance of education. I understand how limited people with only a high school education are. I enjoy learning and my college experience has been a great trasition between high school and the real world. With a college education, I will not be thrown out into the real world with nothing. My college education will provide me with an understanding of life and a good idea about how to live it. It will help me obtain a job in which I will be specialized. I could not ask for more than a college education.

I wish I would have known which professors are more concerned with how much students are learning and which professors are not.

Randy

most of my classmates grew up in small towns just like i did.

most of my classmates grew up in small towns just like i did.

Class size rarely exceeds twenty students in core classes so the amount of one on one time is unbeatable, and all my professors know me by name.

I am completley happy with the choice i made to come to northern. The only advice i would have for an incoming student would be to consider buying a house in havre, you could get a house payment for about the same as paying rent here (about $300 a month in a nicer house).

Montana State University-Northern administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.