Montana State University

« See more reviews of Montana State University

The special thing about Montana State compaired to other schools is how large the school is, yet how close I still feel to my professors and instructors. The size of the school seems to have no effect on how much opportunity for success there is here. The relationships I've managed to deelope since my arrival at Montana State are stronger than the relationships I've ever developed over a lifetime back home, and it makes me slightly dissappointed yet at the same time it makes me feel more sure about this school being the right place for me.

The natural beauty of the place and the location are Unique to MSU. I feel very central here to many things I love to do. Everything is at your fingertips. Also, the school is very friendly and warm. I believe this is the nature of Montana in general. Montana is a little big town. It has the benifits of both sizes. MSU is not tiny but you get to know the community well because it is not a huge campus. You see friends every where. MSU has the benifits of a larger campus because of all the opportunities here.

Montana St is the hidden gem of US universities. The staff, student body, and campus are very comparable to well-known D1 schools, but the incredible part is that no one knows about it! It is an amazing school with excellent degree programs, but it comes in a size that is managable. Most credible D1 schools have 30,000+ students, which is too many for me, and D3 can get as small as 2,000, which is too few. MSU, at 16,000, has the benefits of a D1 staff and school at the size of a D2 one.

It is extremely geared towards my major and the outdoors. I am in anthropology and it has one of the best archaeology departments in the West. Bozeman even has a museum, Museum of the Rockies, which once housed the renowned paleontologist Jack Horner. It also has many outdoor sports to participate in. We have classes in snowboarding and skiing, as well as campus wide hikes and river rafting expeditions. Even some of the dorms have floors geared towards outdoor enthusiests.

The availability of outdoor activities! Bozeman Montana is located near both Glacier and Yellowstone National Parks. Also there are two major ski resorts near campus. It is a campus of about 12,000 students with a 16 to 1 student to teacher ratio. Montana is so beautiful and filled with friendly people. The cost is not bank breaking and there were so many easy scholarship oppertunities.

Basically there are two different kinds of people who go to msu... there are the local montanans and then there are the shredders (snowboarders/skiiers) who smoke weed but both groups party like champs. Bozeman is such a good town and the mountains are always beautiful. Not that many concerts but good concerts in Missoula which is like a fun 3 hr drive with some friends.

I love the location. There is always something to do and new things to learn. Most everyone is enthusiastic about something, which is what attracted me to it in the first place; I wanted to be happy and I wanted to be enthusiastic about something and in the end I believe I found that and figured out who I was. It's a great place to grow up and figure out who you are.

Montana State has one of the cheapest tuition rates for in-state students in the nation. This is in part due to the great management of our faculty positons and the lower than average salary rates for professors. Another great asset of this school is the friendliness that you will find in many places. People are always willing to help out others in need.

This school is very realistic and practical, but there is also plenty of activities off campus that will keep you active. There are plenty of hiking trails as well as some really awesome ski resorts (Bridger Bowl and Big Sky). So even though the emphasis is on education there are multiple opportunities to take some time off for fun!

The educators and the people that work for the university genuinely car for your education. They want you to succeed and they will make sure you do. Everyone here is so caring and helpful. I came here from Chicago and did not know one person but Montana State feels more like my home than anywhere.