Montana State University Top Questions

Anupam

Tell us about a group you're involved with. I played intramural football for Chemistry Department and led the Global Culture Club Do students in dorms leave their doors open? Yes, and those off campus talked about never locking their house too How popular are athletic events? Guest speakers? Theater? Once a week there is one event on each side- athletics/motivational/theatre Tell us about the dating scene. Dating is healthy- people are warm How did you meet your closest friends? through the global culture club If you're awake at 2am on a Tuesday, what are you doing? planning to drive out to a creek and wake up in the nature What traditions/events happen each year? The international food bazaar is one of the biggest diverse food events in the northwest How often do people party? All the time How important are fraternities/sororities? People live in those but they are not important What did you do last weekend? Study-exams coming up What can you do on a Saturday night that doesn't involve drinking? Hangout and plan the next skiing or biking trip to Moab or Glacier

All sports groups are popular on campus yet there is no one elite group on campus. I'm largely involved with the music groups on campus. I use to be a music major and I've definitely kept in contact with everyone I met. In most dorms students do leave there doors open. There are few quieter dorms where students are more private. Athletic events are very popular overall and guest speakers are quite popular with a large group on campus. I don't know much about the dating scene since I've been in a long distance relationship with a guy I met in high school. I met my closest friends through my original major. Major traditions on campus include preparing for homecoming. On a Saturday night you can go to the movies or just hang out with friends. You can also go bowling or hang out at the recreation center on campus.

Most popular activity is certainly football. Some of the scientific research programs have a relatively high turnout as well!

I would say that the football games are VERY popular at MSU. Most of the athletic events are very popular with the students here. There is a swing dancing, salsa, and country swing groups on campus which are very fun and popular to attend. Theres not a huge dating scene however you do see couples around campus. I met one of my best friends through residence hall life (dorms) another I met through attending some of the dance groups. There are frequent concerts on campus which are affordable for students and alot of fun to attend. There is the undie run on campus during the CAT vs. GRIZ week during football season which is always fun since it is REALLY cold and snowy and everyone is running around campus in their underwear. Homecoming and Cat vs. Griz are always a big deal.

Alice

If you want to be involved you definitely can be, if you don't it's pretty easy to avoid..