Montana State University Top Questions

The worst thing about Montana State University is the food. Bring Tums.

The worst thing about Montana State University is the lack of parking space. The college has continued to grow at the expense of places to park that are near dorms and classes. This makes it diffiscult to if you need to leave campus durning the day because when you come back you can spend a lot of your time attempting to find a parking spot.

lindsay

the cafiteria food. It is produced in too large amounts which makes the quality go way down.

The worst part of going to school at MSU is the parking; there is never enough parking so students end up walking a quarter mile to get to class.

The weather because it get into the -20s and we still have class. You have to be carefully not to fall on the ice.

Heidi

It's a small school, but I don't consider it the worst part of the school. It's a larger adjustment for people from a large city or state, but the adjustment can easily be overcomed.

Tymbre

There is not much that I would say is bad about MSU Bozeman. The only major problem I had was with one instructor in particular. The rest of my time at this college was a great learning experience and exciting time.

Meredith

In my personal experience, I didn't have much exposure to the different majors - there didn't seem to be a lot of help when I was trying to decide what to study. You just have to take more initiative on your own. No one is going to hold your hand the whole way. But, I think that's kind of nice. Who holds your hand in the real world??

It's just a really big university and some of the professors don't want to teach. Being bigger there are much more opportunities and its possible to do different and new things and still receive credit but lots of the classes are just full of busy work and aren't worth the money that I am paying.

High fat content food in the dining hall.

The greek life in this town is lacking. The most poplular fraternity is the agricultural house.

Logan

The thing I find the worst about Montana State University is the percentage of smokers on campus. Montana has notoriously clean, fresh air. This is not found on campus because you must pass at least five lit cigarettes to get between any two buildings. Students are also not very diligent in following the rule of not smoking within twenty-five feet of building entrances.

Lets just say its not really up to code, there are a couple of things with the building that make a person wonder.

The worst thing about this school is probably it's cleanliness. At times it can be pretty intimidating to just walk out into the dorm hallway in just your socks or even barefeet.

MSU doesn't have the intercollegiate athletic offerings that you'd expect in an institution of its size.

scott

Priorities for spending money are screwed up: no new facilities or computers for rubrics like earth sciences or ecology but brand new flat screen tvs in the student union bulding showing how much soup or a burger costs (costs don't change day to day) or $120,000 on a "sculpture" that looks like a huge piece of rotating macaroni!

Kadie

It has a lited location

Parking is horrendous. The bill for a permit is around a hundred dollars for a good parking place. Also if your not carefull you could get a ticket on your first day here.

It costs a lot to go to college and the school continous to spend money on "stupid stuff." If they were more financially frugal than my tuition would not be increasing constantly.

The worst thing about MSU is that sometime cliques are formed and it's hard to mingle in with a group that only hangs out with a certain group, though the cliques are not based on race.

To big for what they are built for, not enough parking or assistance.

Dustin

Allocation of Money

Brad

The diversity isn't too bad, however it could be better than it is. The actual money that the school has is also small. With more funding, this school could be great.

The worst thing about the school is the ongoing construction around the school. It's disruptive and stressful.

probably the work load

Josie

advising staff

Mandi

the long winter.

lack of communication between departments. They concentrate to much on the athletes of the school and put alot of money into it instead of putting money into the departments of the university.

Candace

The housing situation is pretty shabby.

The cost of the school was probably the worst part. Having to deal with financial aid and loans to pay for school was very frustrating especially when the school gave you the run around to get one thing accomplished.