Montana State University

« See more reviews of Montana State University

The thing I find the worst about Montana State University is the percentage of smokers on campus. Montana has notoriously clean, fresh air. This is not found on campus because you must pass at least five lit cigarettes to get between any two buildings. Students are also not very diligent in following the rule of not smoking within twenty-five feet of building entrances.

The worst thing about Montana State University is the lack of parking space. The college has continued to grow at the expense of places to park that are near dorms and classes. This makes it diffiscult to if you need to leave campus durning the day because when you come back you can spend a lot of your time attempting to find a parking spot.

In my personal experience, I didn't have much exposure to the different majors - there didn't seem to be a lot of help when I was trying to decide what to study. You just have to take more initiative on your own. No one is going to hold your hand the whole way. But, I think that's kind of nice. Who holds your hand in the real world??

Priorities for spending money are screwed up: no new facilities or computers for rubrics like earth sciences or ecology but brand new flat screen tvs in the student union bulding showing how much soup or a burger costs (costs don't change day to day) or $120,000 on a "sculpture" that looks like a huge piece of rotating macaroni!

It's just a really big university and some of the professors don't want to teach. Being bigger there are much more opportunities and its possible to do different and new things and still receive credit but lots of the classes are just full of busy work and aren't worth the money that I am paying.

There is not much that I would say is bad about MSU Bozeman. The only major problem I had was with one instructor in particular. The rest of my time at this college was a great learning experience and exciting time.

The cost of the school was probably the worst part. Having to deal with financial aid and loans to pay for school was very frustrating especially when the school gave you the run around to get one thing accomplished.

lack of communication between departments. They concentrate to much on the athletes of the school and put alot of money into it instead of putting money into the departments of the university.

The worst thing about MSU is that sometime cliques are formed and it's hard to mingle in with a group that only hangs out with a certain group, though the cliques are not based on race.

It's a small school, but I don't consider it the worst part of the school. It's a larger adjustment for people from a large city or state, but the adjustment can easily be overcomed.