Montana State University

« See more reviews of Montana State University

A student who loves the outdoors! I am from Alaska and everyone else from Alaska seems to love it here. It has beautiful warm summers and snowy winters; like Alaska, but better weather, is how I describe it here whenever asked. If you like a friendly campus with enthusiastic teachers MSU is great for you. Someone who is serious about their education but also serious about being outside. Rafting, fishing, snowboarding/sking, hinking, hunting, and ice climbing are just a few of the great activities students enjoy around here. The Rec center rents out great equipment too!

Students who choose MSU should possess an easy-going attitude - one that is free of stark black and white ideals and who is tolerant of life's shades of gray. As an out-of-state student, I have found that the "Montana Spirit" is embodied by those who are always willing to work hard, and help others. Montanans support one another, and the culture at MSU reflects that. I have used their First Year Initiative office often, and the campus has a huge network of departments that support every student. A non-judgemental, helpful attitude is best here.

A person who wants to attend this college should already know what they want and have a plan on how to get what they want. College is tough so who ever attends needs to be tough, if not tougher, than the college's expectations. They need to be prepared that MSU-Bozeman is a buisness orintated school and to have thier financial needs met way before their high school Senior year ends. A need for the out doors and a love of the snow is good planning because it snows eight out of twelve months of the year.

Montana State University is a great school for anyone interested in learning in an environment with small class sizes and great professors and faculty. Because of MSU's location in the Rocky Mountains it is a great place for anyone who loves the outdoors. Our University is most known for it's engineering programs, however the list of other majors offered is quite diverse including one of the best palaeontology programs in the nation as well as a nationaly recognized, competitive film school.

A person who enjoys a medium-sized town with many ammenities, but no big city feel. A person who loves to be outdoors - hiking, skiing, biking, etc. A person who wishes to remain in the Rocky Mountain West and the way of life the area offers. A person who has some financial help from their family, unlike me. A person interested in engineering fields, since that his the main focus of the campus.

Montana State University Bozeman is a diverse enough campus that anyone and everyone could go here and succeed, in my opinion. However the location makes it prime for individuals that not only want to learn, but that want to enjoy the outdoors. Outdoor opportunities abound from hunting and fishing to hiking, camping, ice climbing, kayaking and of course skiing and snowboarding as well.

Outgoing, adventurous, friendly people should attend MSU. The town is smaller than many, but is very welcoming. The community is a very healthy outdoorsy type. However, even if you aren't into main stream athletics there are so many to discover here on your own type. Anyone can find a new hobby here and enjoy their time at MSU. All in all, any kind of person could attend and fit in.

MSU provides a good range of diverse opportunities academically as well as in the community and extra-curricular. If you like mountainous areas and a little of the outdoors Bozeman has many options near by that you can experience the great outdoors while also retaining a great city life if you prefer that. MSU definitely is a school that has a little bit for everyone.

People who are interested in any kind of engineering will find plenty of opportunities here. We are well known for our engineering department/ research department. Biologists and paleotologists will also find many resources and great experts here. Someone who loves the outdoors- skiing, hiking etc. will find plenty to do on the weekends.

Anyone who is looking for a relaxed atmosophere that leaves the initiative to study up to the individual. There are opportunities for research, and outside the classroom experiences but you have to pursue them yourself, they are not handed to students. Also anyone who enjoys getting outside the big cities and doing outdoors activities.