Montana State University Top Questions

Lena

A person that is willing to stretch themselves and get out of their comfort box should attend this school.

lindsay

One who is dedicated to their studies and also interested in out door activities.

Christian

MSU provides a good range of diverse opportunities academically as well as in the community and extra-curricular. If you like mountainous areas and a little of the outdoors Bozeman has many options near by that you can experience the great outdoors while also retaining a great city life if you prefer that. MSU definitely is a school that has a little bit for everyone.

Gideon

Outgoing, adventurous, friendly people should attend MSU. The town is smaller than many, but is very welcoming. The community is a very healthy outdoorsy type. However, even if you aren't into main stream athletics there are so many to discover here on your own type. Anyone can find a new hobby here and enjoy their time at MSU. All in all, any kind of person could attend and fit in.

Jasmine

A person who likes the outdoors and isn't too invested in their school. Taking a lot of credits I am slightly ostracized and ridiculed by my peers that are taking a fraction of the number of classes that I am taking.

Jesse

Any kind of student can attend Montana State University. He should be willing to learn and open his mind to different ideas and different people. The student needs to be willing to take on the challenges the school provides and willing to fulfill their passion whatever it may be.

elisabeth

A person who wants to attend this college should already know what they want and have a plan on how to get what they want. College is tough so who ever attends needs to be tough, if not tougher, than the college's expectations. They need to be prepared that MSU-Bozeman is a buisness orintated school and to have thier financial needs met way before their high school Senior year ends. A need for the out doors and a love of the snow is good planning because it snows eight out of twelve months of the year.

Students who choose MSU should possess an easy-going attitude - one that is free of stark black and white ideals and who is tolerant of life's shades of gray. As an out-of-state student, I have found that the "Montana Spirit" is embodied by those who are always willing to work hard, and help others. Montanans support one another, and the culture at MSU reflects that. I have used their First Year Initiative office often, and the campus has a huge network of departments that support every student. A non-judgemental, helpful attitude is best here.

Derek

A person who is looking for an all around good education and enjoys activities such as skiing, snowboarding, and hiking. Montana State University bozeman is full of people who enjoy the outdoor life.

People who are interested in any kind of engineering will find plenty of opportunities here. We are well known for our engineering department/ research department. Biologists and paleotologists will also find many resources and great experts here. Someone who loves the outdoors- skiing, hiking etc. will find plenty to do on the weekends.

Kelsey

People that enjoy the outdoors and nature. Montana State is a big college town with a small town feel. Even if you don?t like to go skiing or snowboarding just be a spectator of the mountain is wonderful. This college is very relaxed and educational oriented. With just the right amount of part atmosphere.

Lacey

This school attracts every kind of person from personality to ethnicity. I have seen many different types of people here and it is interesting because there are also activities for many types of people.

Matthew

The type of people who should attend this school are those who have a passion for the outdoors. Bozeman is a really cool town but it doesnt have much to offer as far as city activities. If you love the outdoors, skiing, fishing, hiking, biking, etc, you will love this school.

Michelle

The type of person who should attend Montana State University should be interested in seeking a challenging education, exploring a variety of extracurricular activities, taking opportunities to get involved with the community and enjoying a great variety of outdoor adventures.

Hannah

I think that this school is perfect for an outdoorsy, sports loving person. There are so many opportunities for both summer and winter sports here in Bozeman, as well as in nearby towns. Yellowstone is only 1 and 1/2 hours away, so MSU is perfect for any outdoor enthusiasts.

Marcelle

A student who loves the outdoors! I am from Alaska and everyone else from Alaska seems to love it here. It has beautiful warm summers and snowy winters; like Alaska, but better weather, is how I describe it here whenever asked. If you like a friendly campus with enthusiastic teachers MSU is great for you. Someone who is serious about their education but also serious about being outside. Rafting, fishing, snowboarding/sking, hinking, hunting, and ice climbing are just a few of the great activities students enjoy around here. The Rec center rents out great equipment too!

Kathryn

Anyone can attend this school. But it is more geared towards the outdoorsman. Skiing, hiking, biking, climbing- all are big!

Kayla

A person who enjoys the outdoors. Someone who is successful with large classes and very little assitance.

Micah

I think anyone could attend this school, however, I recomend this school to people who are persueing a business, or medical career.

Skye

A person who enjoys a medium-sized town with many ammenities, but no big city feel. A person who loves to be outdoors - hiking, skiing, biking, etc. A person who wishes to remain in the Rocky Mountain West and the way of life the area offers. A person who has some financial help from their family, unlike me. A person interested in engineering fields, since that his the main focus of the campus.

Phil

Anyone who is looking for a relaxed atmosophere that leaves the initiative to study up to the individual. There are opportunities for research, and outside the classroom experiences but you have to pursue them yourself, they are not handed to students. Also anyone who enjoys getting outside the big cities and doing outdoors activities.

Jesse

A conservative laid back person should attend this school. It is not a huge school but the class sizes are great and so are the people on campus.

April

People who don't mind a small town, people who want a medium sized school, prospective engineers, nurses, doctors, and architects. People who like to be outside and don't mind the cold.

Brittni

Montana State University Bozeman is a diverse enough campus that anyone and everyone could go here and succeed, in my opinion. However the location makes it prime for individuals that not only want to learn, but that want to enjoy the outdoors. Outdoor opportunities abound from hunting and fishing to hiking, camping, ice climbing, kayaking and of course skiing and snowboarding as well.

Robert

Montana State University is a great school for anyone interested in learning in an environment with small class sizes and great professors and faculty. Because of MSU's location in the Rocky Mountains it is a great place for anyone who loves the outdoors. Our University is most known for it's engineering programs, however the list of other majors offered is quite diverse including one of the best palaeontology programs in the nation as well as a nationaly recognized, competitive film school.

Shannon

an open, driven, fun-seeking, outdoorsy, spontaneous, adventerous person.

Libbie

A person willing to learn, and work hard. An active outgoing and athletic person would work well in Bozeman