Montana State University Top Questions

Bailey

I would tell myself to do better acedemically in high school and to acheive a higher GPA to receive scholarships or potentially a full-ride. Also I would tell myself to find and apply for as many scholarships as possible. If your like me and have no support from your family even while being in school and you are having to pay for every single thing you have in your life by yourself, a $100 scholarship is the best news ever!

Matthew

You have to recognize what you enjoy to do in life and go to college for just that. Put the money aside and just go for what you’re passionate about. You know you enjoy designing, building, and adventure. However, I knew someone who had the same interests in high school and went to college for renewable energy because he knew it would be a growing industry to get a job. Later he realized he didn't just want a job. He noticed that when he graduated there was an uneasy and uncomfortable feeling when we was applying for jobs and that's because he lacked the passion. Even though he applied for jobs he never got them because deep inside he knew that he didn't really want them, so he never got them! His real passion was in environmentally conscious design. So he decided to go back to college for exactly that and knew that this time around he would tune more into the connections he would make and the experiences that would find him. So my advice to you would be to recognize what you enjoy doing, do that, and the money and job will follow.

Joe

Dear me, Don't be scared. You're smarter than you think. Life is about to change so much you won't have any time to worry about what you might lose and that's ok. The people who matter will still be there in the end. Live in the moment and hold your GPA dear to you. You will excel so much if you keep your head in the game. Also, focus on your academics right now and try to get yourself a scholarship. It may not seem important in your shoes but it will be worth it down the road. Love, You

If I were able to talk to my highschool self, I would need to tell him one important thing: "there is nothing in this world that can stop you from accomplishing what you put your mind to." After an incredible first day of school I was given life-changing news that my dad had passed away of a heart attack. I was stunned and lost on what to do about anything: my family, the funeral, school.... anything that was previously concrete in my reality was now altered completely. After a few days at home I knew in my heart that my dad wanted me to be at school and become who he knew I could. I returned to school that following Monday taking 17 credits as a freshmen, one of which was Calculus 3, so I had plenty to catch up on, but I knew my dad was there to get me through it. After first semester finished, I had earned a 4.0. If I can get a 4.0 in the same semester as my dad's death, I'd like my highschool self to know there is nothing he can't do, no matter the circumstances.

If I could go back in time and tell my high school senior self anything, it would be: "Don't stop believing in yourself. Life is going to throw so much at you in the future. You can make it through anything if you believe in yourself. Don't worry about tomorrow, keep your eye on the goal but take things one step at at time". As a college student, I often want to tackle every project at one time. It is tiring and wears you down. As a high school student, I wanted to do the same thing. However, in the world outside of high school, it is important to take your time and do things correctly.

Aubrea

If I could go back in time to give my senior self advice I would tell myself that saving fifty dollars a paycheck will really help out in college when it comes to buying books or paying for tuition. School was alot more expensive than I orginially thought it would be so when the time came to pay for everything I was unprepared for the amount it would cost. I would also tell myself that the dorm rooms are alot smaller then you think so you dont need to pack as much as you originally planned to. Lastly i would tell myself that college is a fun time and you get to meet alot of new people so expect to learn time managemnt!

Shannon

If I could give myself any advice, I would have told myself to get more involved with the campus activities. It is easy to get isolated on campus if you do not take the initiative. Campus offers many wonderful opportinities to meet new people and make friends. It is a great way to help college seem less overwhelming and and to enjoy the experience of learning that much more.

Nyssa

Passion isn't enough, but it's a start. As a senior, I was obsessed with the date of graduation and completely confident that college would be a breeze for me simply because I was interested in the subject matter. I wasn't prepared to pay back the interest on my loans, or to live off of campus food. The first day, I fully anticipated a gorgeous man driving in to sweep me off my feet. College takes work. Once you get into the flow of things though, that's when the real fun begins. The future is bright because it is hazy though, and retaining that hope and confidence I had in high school is still a key part to being successful in college.

Patrick

Listen up kid, your irresponsible and it's going to take you lots of places, some of the good, most of them bad. It'll build character but to forget all that, character means nothing without responsibility, responsibility for your actions, for the actions of others that you contributed to. Real responsibility doesn't just involve "I'm sorry" it involves real actions that show where your stand, words don't fix mistakes (admittedly they can help). Everybody messes up, a lot... So keep your head on straight, stumble with pride, dream like mad, get in over your head, get comfortable feeling uncomfortable in the most responsible of ways, but most of all, don't get caught in those little traps your brain will set for you that can really drag you down. Most of all, wear your mistakes with pride because it's really only in failure that we learn about ourselves, the world around us, and most importantly we learn how to dust ourselves off. Besides that responsibility is charming and will make you a humble person. You can attain all the knowledge in the world and be a fool but you can't be wise without responsibility.

Justin

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior I would go back and tell myself to stay in touch with your friends. Freshman year can be very daunting and overwhelming for many people. They leave their high school where they had a standing schedule and friends, and they come to college where they may be alone and have to fend for their selves. In this senerio it is best to have your friends with you. They can help you work through those initial jitters and get into the swing of things.

McCaela

I know that test taking is not my best skills and I would have tried to become more proficient in test taking by seeking out others who could teach me ways to quickly read questions and discard possible answers quickly and calmly. But since I didn't do this in high school I would give myself the advice that even though I was very successful in high school that college is so different that I would give myself permission to seek out help now and not rely on my old skill set that worked in high school but may not be working in college. I would be open to taking a class on test taking or on note taking so I could be the best student possible in college.

Jason

If I was able to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would be able to help myself out and give myself some good advice. First and foremost, I would tell myself to apply to colleges and to have attended school for a semester. I took a two year break to go and serve a mission for my church, a great decision I would make again, although it would have been nice to have completed a semester of school first. Another useful tip would have been to be more frugal with my money. I worked throughout most of high school, and even though I did not make a lot of money, it would have been better had I saved more money than I did instead of having to rely on savings that I am making now. I was lucky enough my senior year to have gotten good grades, so the most important things I would have told myself would have been to keep up the good work, apply to and attend college, and to be smarter with my money.

Rita

Rita, please stop messing around all the time! Trust me, you can have a lot more time for fun if you shape up and go to a real university instead of a community college. Don't believe all the hype! Community college is a place you will get stuck for years if you keep doing what you're doing. You will be fighting to get classes and the classes you can get will never benefit you. Sure, other people have gotten to get out and transfer within two years, but that was before budget cuts and all this other messy stuff going on. Students from other countries will get more priority than you will. If you try and crash classes, there's only a 10{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} chance you'll get a seat because most teachers let students in by raffle. Please, Rita, dump your boyfriend. He's holding you back from wanting to go to a school more than 15 miles from home. Don't let him keep you from Boston or San Diego. Shape up and maybe you won't end up stuck like I did.

Lena

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would give myself a little bit of advice knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition. During high school, I was a 4.0 student and developed a good work ethic. When I came to college, I didn’t have any trouble transitioning to college academically. The advice that I would give myself is to get out of my box and stretch myself socially. I am a very introverted person and, now that I am a senior, feel that I have missed quite a few opportunities in college due to this. Just recently, I have gotten out of my box and did a few activities that I wouldn’t normally have and have enjoyed myself immensely. One example of this is the College Age Skit that I am currently in at the church that I attend. I wouldn’t have participated in this when I first came to college (because I like being in the background), but am now sad that I haven’t participated in it for the five years that I have been in college.

William

The best way to successed is to attend class, even if it doesent make sense a surprise is the worst case scenario that could be given. Also the best possible thing to do is to get the work done and ask questions, somebody will answer and if an anwser isnt found then look online.

Noah

In highschool I had a lot of great mentors in my life. My greatest mentor though was my granmother. Not only was she my mentor though, she was also my teacher since I was homeschooled. She taught me a lot of academic knowledge as well as invaluable life lessons. If I could go back to highschool I would tell myself to practice typing out essays on a computer. For most of my highschool years I did do a lot of essays--research, creative writing, etc.--but when I did write those essays I wrote them in the traditional fashion of paper and pen (or pencil) since my grandmother wasn't good at using the computer herself. In my first semester of college I had to familiarize myself with MLA format, Microsoft Word Office 2010, PDF, etc. That was probably my biggest transition. Otherwise, the curriculum I had in highschool prepared me very well for college and my studying style had already been well established so moving on to college was an easy transition. The only thing I had to do was continue my habits I learned in highschool and I was fine and have been fine.

Cole

Put yourself out there and don't be afraid to fail because of taking risks. Be outgoing and invovled with your field, develop skills you'd like to have starting now.

Do not take anything for granted. I know that right now there seem to be so many problems in life, but remember all the good things you have going on in your life. In college you will go through struggles, maybe even a lot of struggles, but remember there will always be someone there for you to support you in your decisions adn help you reach your goals. You are never alone even if it seems that way. I know this is blunt but not everyone you meet is going to like you, still be kind to everyone you meet. Just be you no matter what. You will have different views from other people, but you need to respect their views and opinions. Do not be afraid to stand up for what you believe. I know that everyone says, "College is the best time of your life," ignore them. College is what you make it; other portions of your life should be even better. Do not be afraid of college - it is just another step in life that gets you closer to your dreams. Fulfill your dreams sooner rather than later, why wait?

Do not take anything for granted. I know that right now there seem to be so many problems in life, but remember all the good things you have going on in your life. In college you will go through struggles, maybe even a lot of struggles, but remember there will always be someone htere for you to support you in your decisions and help you reach your goals. You are never alone even if it seems that way.

Rachael

If I could go back and tell myself anything throughout high school, I would tell myself not to worry. Just because you don't know what you want to do with the rest of your life does not mean your future isn't as bright as everyone else's. The way you spend your time in college is what matters. Don't use your senior year to just to have fun, enjoy it, but do that while you're preparing for college. You don't need to worry about guys or friends, or any of the things you found so important throughout high school. You shouldn't even worry about them until after college, until you know exactly what you want to do in your life and have made the best future you could have ever imagined. Do not worry about the little things, everything works itself out and you will make it through.

lindsay

Taking all the AP classes avaliable was a good choice, but maybe dispute the scores that were recieved or have the teacher relook at the essay. The extra science and math will be very beneficial, but the past study habbits in high school won't quite cut it for the college courses. The classes require a bit more prep time.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior, I would not give myself any advice. It's not that I would have no advice to give, but the struggles of learning helped refine and build my character as a person. For example, I could tell myself what degree to pursue. However, hours of struggling with that decision helped me understand that my future is not defined by what degree I choose, but how I use my future degree to define my community, my country, and my world. As an incoming freshman to college, I could have used advice on how to be a better student, but that wouldn't have shown me the value professors put on their students' success by being available late at night and early in the morning for their students who fall behind. The value put on my success by the educators at my university made me reach for a limitlesss education of self-motivated learning. Advice from my future self would have made college life and making the transition easier, but the success was worth the challenge.

Dallas

If a could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to start college right away and not to wait. I would also tell myself to join programs and other groups to greater diversify myself. Locating scholarships early to help pay for college would be a great idea but even without scholarships I could attend college by getting student loans and in the end it would be worth the cost of the loans. The best way to pay for college would be to find scholarships and grants.

Barbara

I would tell myself to get a University education and become a psychiatrist. The hardest part is getting started but once you start it feels so right, so good. The sense of accomplishment you feel as you pass your tests is well worth the effort! The knowledge you will gain without even realizing it will be amazing and you will develope a thirst for knowledge and want to continue on to get your Ph.D. This education will also give you a solid sense of worth and financial freedom to be yourself. The stress of studies are a passing irritant that will make the passing grade all the more sweater! Do not be afraid, it will be fun and when you go back as a middle-aged adult for a few more degrees, you will find it is like coming home after a long stay abroad! Your dreams are THAT IMPORTANT!!! Just suck it up and do it!!!

Susie

I would tell myself to be diligent about making time for friends while maintaining a balance between friends and schoolwork. It is so tempting to forget about classes and spend too much time hanging out with friends. Spending time with friends is awesome, but there has to be a balance with classes. In addition, I would tell myself not to take an exorbitant amount of credits. Yes, college is ridiculously expensive for an out-of-state student, but you are still supposed to come out alive from the experience. Plus, when you limit the amount of credits there is more time for outdoor activities with super fun people!

Don't be afraid to be yourself because people will acctually want to get to know you. Also I would tell myself not to procrastinate so much and to be a self starter so that way you don't have to stress about it the night before. I would also tell myself that there is more to life to high school and not to focus on the petty drama but focus on what it is you want with your life. The last thing I would recommend is once you get to college find a support group and get invlved. You will end up meeting some amazing people and having lots of fun.

You want to get involved with as many activities and events as soon as possible. Finance Club was the most fun and rewarding opportunity you did in college, but if you got involved in even more clubs and extracurricular events, it would make your educational experience more rewarding. I would recommend getting involved with international business club, hip-hop dance club, and intramural sports. This will expand your networking opportunities and give you a more in-depth undergrad experience. Future employers will like the wide range of experiences and volunteer activities. Undergrad is one of the most fun experiences of your life, but you have to balance school and fun. Work hard at the lower level classes, even if they do not challenge you. Maintaining a consistently strong GPA looks better than gradually raising the GPA as the classes get harder and interest you more. If you apply yourself from the beginning, more opportunities will present themselves. Have fun, work hard, and always look for new ways to get involved.

Mikaela

Do your work. Meet new people, have fun, but save it for the weekends. Do your homework and studying during the week when you should be , and then you can have your fun on the weekends. STUDY! I know it sounds so overrated, but I was an honors student in high school and never had to do much work, and it really is different in college. You will need to study, you cannot skate by on your brains if you have been up to this point. Keep your priorities straight, keep school first. I know how hard it can be to let friendships and relationships get in the way, but try not to! You are there to learn and grow, primarily. Fun comes second. So do your work when you are supposed to and get it done. If you just do it rather than complaining the whole time, your life will go by much smoother, and you'll get the work done much faster. Honestly, very few people are ever going to be able to skate through college on their brains, don't make the mistake of thinking that it could be you.

Lily

When I was a senior in high school, I suffered what I had thought at the time would be the greatest heartbreak of my life. I was rejected by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the renowned school that I had had my eye on for years. I was devastated because I felt that all of my hard work throughout high school had been for nothing. Even worse, I equated acceptance to top-notch schools with the ability to make a difference in the world, and I therefore viewed my rejection as evidence that I would never be smart enough to influence change in the world. However, after completing my first year at Montana State University, I can truly say that MIT's rejection pointed me towards the school that was a much better match. I took Honors Chemistry and was honored and humbled by the incredibly intelligent people that I studied with. I realized that going to a state university did not make one inferior. I was astounded by the intelligence of the students that I was surrounded by. This year in college taught me a lesson in humility, one that I would not have learned at MIT.

Tacey

There are lots of words of advice that I could give to my high school self, such as make sure you spend as much time meeting as many new people you can, don't be that girl who spends her life revolved around a boy, join a club team, study for those good grades, and all the other cliched responses that come along with this question. In reality though, I think that going blindly into the college experience was the best thing that could have possibly happened. That being said, the only advice that I would offer my younger self is to remember that college is supposed to be new and exciting and a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and to treat it as such. Don't get caught up worrying what it will be like, just jump in head first and learn to love everything and everyone. Don't ever second guess your decision because something made you choose it and that something will most likely always be true if you give it a chance.

Heidi

Dear Heidi, you won't regret going to college straight out of high school, but please reconsider. Are you ready for everything that's about to happen to you? You're going to meet some great people and learn so much about yourself, but remember to keep your head on straight. You have to choose between some of the greatest highs, and you will also experience the most traumatic and depressing moment of your life. Are you prepared for it? It will affect you, but since I'm here, I'm here to let you know that you will be okay. You will rise if you allow yourself. Don't wallow and waste away your dream for 3 years. Maybe you needed it so you will have arrived where you are now, but don't believe you can't do it. So many wonderful things are ahead of you. I hope that future me will also come visit me soon and let me know the next 4-7 years will be worth it, but I don't think I will. I'm sure that will only be because I know it now, and don't need to worry.

MARY

I would tell my high school self to FINISH HIGH SCHOOL! I would tell that young girl not to be in such a hurry to grow up, that life gets more complicated on its own without her assistance. I would encourage her to enjoy the rights of passage that come but once in a lifetime, such as prom, and to live every moment to the fullest. Then I would insist that she pay more attention to her studies and continue on to college next fall because the longer she waits, the more difficult it will be to return, and she has a bright future ahead of her! Yet I recognize that I wouldn't be the person I am today without events transpiring exactly as they have in my life. Besides, knowing that stubborn young woman as I do, she wouldn't listen to me anyway!

Durc

My best advice to my high school self ten years ago would be to formally withdraw from university when I decided to stop school and work during the contruction boom. Without withdrawing I had to repay full tuitition for a semester I did not attend, and received a full semester of failed classes. This made returning to school somewhat heralding, as my university maintains a pass/fail standard that has taken me three semesters to repair. However I can't see any other advice as worthwhile. Problems between then and now were lessons in life that have led me to where I am today. Where I am today is happily married, struggling to purchase a modest home and attend school. I have gained interests, and more so, passions. Passions which make school easy, enjoyable, and valuable in a way they never were a decade ago. I have taken that failed attempt at college and amended my record to that of an A student. Now I feel I know how, why and where I can make a relevant difference in the world; something unlikely during my first attempt. This is why my best advice to myself is not to change anything.

Joseph

High school, though it is important, is a very transient stage in life. Therefore, don't be afraid to try new things and talk to new people. Break out of your shell. If the worst thing that can happen to you is someone telling you "no", then it's something that's worth trying. Continue your vow to never use drugs and alcohol as I have. Most importantly, however, learn to focus your efforts on whatever task is at hand. You and I have a tendancy to be easily distracted. That's not good for college and for life in general. Learn to concentrate your efforts. In summary, don't be shy and embarassed to try new things, continue to be free of drugs and alcohol, and learn to focus.

Heather

You are on the right track. Just keep going with what you plan to do because even though you will go to college for a while, you will take a lot of years off to raise your children, and then go back again. Your first college experience will help you more than you know when it comes to the future college experience you will have. Your first major will give you a huge advantage for the second major you pursue. All that time off in between your early college years and your late college years will give you the chance to try many jobs which helps you get to what you are truely interested in. Remember to have fun, make friends, and keep balance in your life, like taking care of yourself and your family. Exercise, get enough sleep, and eat right. You can do this. You will want to do this!

Trevor

Enjoy everyday that you experience something new. You will find yourself and determine what you want to do with your life, so don't worry or stress on what your going to do. Meet as many new people as you can, along with great friendships, you can find invaluable ties that may help you down your path, either professionaly or personally. Get involved with clubs so you can make new friends and experience new things. Talk to the cute girl in your writing class. Love every minute that you get to get up and live. College is such a big event in your life but it only lasts for a short time. Eat and sleep well, it helps you learn. Do not ignore mom's calls, you never know when someone close may leave this world.

jamie

i would advice myself to stay in school and inform myself about finacial aid and the help there is to attend college. i would tell them to study and focus on school not to think is a game. that is nothing like high school and this is real life.

Christian

Oh the infinity of things that one could tell themselves if they had the chance to warn them of the things that mattered or what may not have mattered. Many might say work harder or life fuller. I'd like to tell, if I had the chance, to never give up. To tell myself that the road i follow shall not be by any means easy and to talk to people more; but really would that do anything for me? Rather than telling myself that such and such will happen so work harder and such, i'd like to give myself the hope and encouragement that I might need when these times come so that i can retain who i am for the times that i now know are going to come my way to knock me down so i might have the strength to get back up and keep going better than I might ever have been able to.

Erin

College is definitely challenging but worth the reward in the end. Not only can you get a great education but you can find new passions through extra-cirricular activites and optional coursework. Besides a great degree, college can offer special clubs and associations that allow you to meet people and mature into an independant adult. It is very important to have fun but also take responsiblility for your studies. College gives you many opportunities to obtain the future you want. I was able to do what I love, which was play soccer in college, and obtain a degree. My passion is sports and education but there are so many options today that allow any individual to be involved in something they love, while getting an education. You do need to remember though that college can be stressful and it is important to have support and have a balance between learning and living. Focus on school, while still enjoying what you love to do in your free time and get some SLEEP too!

david

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself two things. First I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible because college is very expensive and it's tough to pay for when you make minimum wage at a twenty hour a week job. Secondly I would tell myself not to be so nervous or scared because you're going to have an amazing time in an awesome class with your new found friends.

Joshua

Wasted, and I don’t mean the college drunk wasted, I mean time wasted. I dread day by day knowing that I could already be finished with my bachelors or that I could have completed my two years at my community college already. It’s the thought that I could have done this or I could be here, that devours my conscious each day. If only I knew and that others knew as well the importance of time wasted in life. We only get to be young once and trust me being old would be a whole lot nicer if it didn’t require backtracking in school; no one likes the creepy old dude sitting next to the young attractive college student. So my final words to myself are to stay focused, stay determined, and stay on track. A timely set goal can mean a lot less stares and a great feeling in life to have accomplished a great feat. Oh yeah, the best things in life aren’t free, get an education first and then a job!

If i were to go back to talk to myself as a high school senior , I would tell myself to go to that dream school I always wanted to go. I would tell myself not to settle for something I do not like. However, I would also tell myself to work hard and never give up and learn to balance time. College is not easy but neither is the rest of your life. Things are going to change for the best, do not ever give up on your dream and keep pushing forward. College is expensive but always remember that it is an investment in yourself.

Gideon

I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible. That college & the real world is more expensive than you think. I would make sure that I know the true definition of priority as well as teach myself the differences in wants and needs. After teaching myself about finances I would give myself real expectations about the college life so I don't get caught of gaurd when I get to college. Lastly, I would tell myself to be open minded and to stay away from the party life when I get to college.

Kiara

If I had the chance to talk to myself when I was senior I definitely would have done more research about scholarships. I would have told myself to be more focus and do a lot of research on th coplleges and the career that I wanted to start in. I Would have ask a lot more question and talked to others who had went to college because I dont think I was as determine. The college life and transition to that I feel if I knew what I know now then things what had been different

Tymbre

Looking back at my high school self, I now realize how shy and reserved I was as I ventured onto college. It has taken me years to rise from my shy self. My advise is to get out and go to more events as a freshman in college. This would have allowed me to meet more new people outisde of my major and to develop a more outgoing personality. I would tell myself that even though it is hard, that you need to push through inorder to better yourself. If you don't start early as a freshman, you will spend years like I did trying to break out and make it easier to try new things and expand your horizons. It took a large event of me picking up and traveling across the country to fully break out and change my outlook on life for the good. Had I tried to be more involved from the start as a freshman, perhaps I could have had that life changing event earlier in life. I encourage you to get involved with clubs from political clubs to religious clubs. Overall, enjoy every hour of every day and you will accomplish great things.

Jacqueline

College is an amazing experience and it's what you make it. Others can be just as intimidated as you are so take the initative to give that passing smile or introduce yourself. Get to know your professors, find something in common with them, ask them about their education. Research scholarships and grants early in the year. Always use rate my professor.com and talk to other members of the school about required classes if they've already taken them. Play an instrument and bring it to school it can be a very useful tool for winding down during finals and such a beautiful experience to share. Take the hardest classes you can just not all at the same time, challenge yourself. Get a part time job that requires you to socialize, it's a wonderful tool for time management. Do honors projects for the classes both pertaining to your major and not. Pay attention everyday both inside and outside of school. So much can be learned n everyday life. Don't forget to exercise. Study abroad whenever you have the chance. Travel inbetween semesters. Accept other peoples support and go out of your way to support others.

Meredith

You are a smart girl - you always have been. You've stayed out of trouble and been very involved with your community. Continue this in college! Yes, the parties are fun - the boyfriends are great. But remember why you are here. You are paying more than a few dollars to be surrounded by brilliant minds, passionate teachers, and more information than you know what to do with. Relish in this. It is a wonderful thing to have a thriving social life, but please don't throw away your mind on it. It is easier than you think to be a social butterfly while at the same time truly focusing on your studies and the path you want to take. Challenge yourself. Study abroad, join clubs you wouldn't have known existed otherwise, meet a few international students and continue with your commitment to volunteering. College is a unique time in life. You are an independent girl, becoming a woman and are exposed to so much. You have the power to shape the rest of your life in these few years. Never be afraid of failure - if the worst thing could happen, happens - then you will always have a great story.

Knowing what I know about college I know I would go back and tell my high school self that grades are everything. Even a grade as low as a C is enough to wreck your entire grade point average, and makes it really hard to compensate for that one bad grade no matter how hard you try. Grades make the difference between getting scholarships or not. That scholarship money makes the world of difference between being able to afford to go to school or not. As far as making the transition? Do not bite off more than you can chew. Test the waters first, apply for full time, but do not take the maximum credit allotment. As you gain your handle on your classes then you can pick up more classes. Most importantly do not forget to breath, just relax it will all work out.

Brandon

Attend all classes in college. Missing a single class can set one back considerably, an this is simply too difficult to make up in college life. College structures are very different but the lectures are similar to a daily class. The tests and exams are much more difficult and would take me a while to get used to the structure and style, but it is much easier after you get used to the style. Don't allow a single bad score be discouraging. Work as hard as you possibly can to keep your grades up. Homework will exist, and it is important to get it done, even if it isn't graded; it will help learn the material that you will be required to know for the class, and to score better on the exam. Meet with professors often, they are very kind and understanding people and they are happy to answer your questions and help you out in their class as much as they possibly can.

Alexis

I would say research each school equally and look at the same ropics for all of the schools. Apply to all schools interested in you or that you are interested, the more you apply to the more options you will have instead of having to go to the only school you were accepted to. Getting a rejection letter from your dream school is not the worst thing in the world, even though it definitely feels like that. Sometimes the second choice school actually is a better fit for you. Never stop looking for scholarships!