Montana State University

« See more reviews of Montana State University

To some degree, college is a scam. When people say you'll never be anything without a degree it isn't true and just because you have a degree, doesn't mean you will be somethng. On average, people who attend college make more, but this is a weighted statistic. If you are unsure about what you want to do, save yourself some money and get a job working in the real world and then if you decide you want to do something that requires a degree then go to college. Also, not all proffesors can teach, some mostly research.

One thing that I wish I had known before coming to school is how to save money on textbooks. My first semester, I bought all of my textbooks from the university bookstore, and I actually bought all of the novels that were required for my Texts and Critics Class. I spent a lot more than I needed too, and now I buy my textbooks off of ebay and look for novels as PDF texts online. I saved a lot of money doing this second semester and plan to continue doing so throughout college.

Before coming to Montana State University I wish I had known how classes worked and how to organize myself. College is a lot different from high school, and I was stressed not knowing what to expect from the new exprience that I was about to encounter. I wish I had known that I was going to lose friends and gain them, and I wish I had known that even though I am going to make mistakes I will get through them and learn to be a better me because of them.

That it didn't matter if you were smart in high school. That it doesnt matter to sign up for classes later in the day, because i will fall asleep in it if i dont keep track of myself anyway. That you can study everything for a test and still fail it. That you can know nothing about the subject and still pass the test. That friends are what makes college worth while. That you can be lonely even when youre surrounded by dozens of friends.

How much it suck to live in the dorms. I'm overcharge for it, the food is terrible, and it's impossible to try and get any kind of peace here. People are rude, inconsiderate, messy, and my RA is too pushy on trying to get me to be social. Sometimes, I just want to be alone. I was told that people were more mature in college, but really, mostly everyone still acts like they did in high school, or worse, middle school.

Since school has begun, I realizemore and more how much I truely love this school, and all that it has to give. I only wish I could have known how muchI would love it here, because I could have saved a lot of time spent on looking at other schools. Attending Montana State University is one of the best choices I've ever made, and I cold'nt feel more right about the direction that my life is progressing.

There is nothing really bad about this school. It is a great school and I personally have had no problems with it. I wish there was a better option for students who just want to take a a couple of classes instead of going full time, it is very pricey just to take one or two classes at a time.

I wish I would have know how much the greek system is not accepted at this school, because I am part of the greek system, and greek students make up around ninety percent of the student administration but we are still not accepted for being part of the greek system.

I wish I would have known all of the actual costs that I am paying for. Some things I am paying for, I had no idea that I needed too. I also wish their financial aid gave away more money so that I could afford college easier.

Before I came to this school, I wish I would have known to be as outgoing and confident as possible because people can be very judgmentive and will classifly you in a particular group depending on the way you act.