Montana State University Top Questions

Shannon

I wish that I had known more about certain programs that the school offered before hand. They are a lot better at advertising them now, but I was unaware of all of the tutoring and help available.

Before coming to Montana State University I wish I had known how classes worked and how to organize myself. College is a lot different from high school, and I was stressed not knowing what to expect from the new exprience that I was about to encounter. I wish I had known that I was going to lose friends and gain them, and I wish I had known that even though I am going to make mistakes I will get through them and learn to be a better me because of them.

Susie

I'm from Arizona so I wasn't quite ready for the winter weather up here. So I wish I had known more about winter time including sports like skiing and snowboarding.

Lily

One thing that I wish I had known before coming to school is how to save money on textbooks. My first semester, I bought all of my textbooks from the university bookstore, and I actually bought all of the novels that were required for my Texts and Critics Class. I spent a lot more than I needed too, and now I buy my textbooks off of ebay and look for novels as PDF texts online. I saved a lot of money doing this second semester and plan to continue doing so throughout college.

Erin

I was aware of everything that pertained to my degree and education path associated with Montana State University. There is nothing that I wish I had known before I came to this school.

Tymbre

I wish I had known a few more people in my field of study, however it allowed me to meet new friends with different outlooks on situations.

Rebecka

I wish I had known about all of the scholarship opportunities throughout the whole university. I also wish I knew how much work and study time each class involved.

Colton

I feel as though I knew what I was getting myself into when I came here. It really does offer everything if you are willing to take the time and effort to seek it out and experience it.

I wish I knew more about the outdoors and the area surrounding Bozeman.

Joseph

Since school has begun, I realizemore and more how much I truely love this school, and all that it has to give. I only wish I could have known how muchI would love it here, because I could have saved a lot of time spent on looking at other schools. Attending Montana State University is one of the best choices I've ever made, and I cold'nt feel more right about the direction that my life is progressing.

Derek

Before I came to this school, I wish I would have known to be as outgoing and confident as possible because people can be very judgmentive and will classifly you in a particular group depending on the way you act.

Abby

I wish I would have known about the lack of school spirit.

I wish I had known how to find scholarships. In the College of Ag, they have a lot of money to give away but nobody really knows about it. Things like this I wish I had known about and I would have applied.

Ryan

I wish I would have known that life is not about knowledge or money or prestige-- it's about people.

I really wish I would have looked at the surrounding areas, saw what type of recreational activites the town itself offered. But besides that I love this town and the college.

Kathryn

I did know this before I came here and it was an influence. The type of lifestyle influenced my decision to come here. A near-by ski area and people who aren't afraid to walk or bike places is great!

Julianna

How much it suck to live in the dorms. I'm overcharge for it, the food is terrible, and it's impossible to try and get any kind of peace here. People are rude, inconsiderate, messy, and my RA is too pushy on trying to get me to be social. Sometimes, I just want to be alone. I was told that people were more mature in college, but really, mostly everyone still acts like they did in high school, or worse, middle school.

Kylee

There is nothing really bad about this school. It is a great school and I personally have had no problems with it. I wish there was a better option for students who just want to take a a couple of classes instead of going full time, it is very pricey just to take one or two classes at a time.

Amy

Nothing, I feel that I was very well prepared for what I came too. I've enjoyed every minute in Montana and can't wait to return in the fall.

Kristina

To some degree, college is a scam. When people say you'll never be anything without a degree it isn't true and just because you have a degree, doesn't mean you will be somethng. On average, people who attend college make more, but this is a weighted statistic. If you are unsure about what you want to do, save yourself some money and get a job working in the real world and then if you decide you want to do something that requires a degree then go to college. Also, not all proffesors can teach, some mostly research.

Matthew

I wish I would have know how much the greek system is not accepted at this school, because I am part of the greek system, and greek students make up around ninety percent of the student administration but we are still not accepted for being part of the greek system.

Dustin

Nothing I knew everything

Craig

That I am responsible for myself and that I need to take advantage of my personal ability and the resources given to me by campus and the surrounding community.

Lawson

I wish I would have known what field I was interested in,, and picked a major before my sophmore year.

john

The difficulty of finding good duck hunting locations.

Joshua

How much work College is compared to highschool

I wish I would have known all of the actual costs that I am paying for. Some things I am paying for, I had no idea that I needed too. I also wish their financial aid gave away more money so that I could afford college easier.

Melanie

what i really wanted to go into, and if there were more scholarships available

Chantel

Where to go for certain advising. Some of the advisors did not seem to be knowledgable in areas outside their field or even where to get the advising.

Pat

You have to do homework in order to get a good grade (duh).

Suhan

I wish I had know which dorms were the party dorms so that I could have avoided them. It was difficult to remain academically focused when I lived in the party dorm. This year I am in a quiet dorm and love it!

keith

That it didn't matter if you were smart in high school. That it doesnt matter to sign up for classes later in the day, because i will fall asleep in it if i dont keep track of myself anyway. That you can study everything for a test and still fail it. That you can know nothing about the subject and still pass the test. That friends are what makes college worth while. That you can be lonely even when youre surrounded by dozens of friends.