Sidney, MI
Montcalm Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Montcalm Community College

Leiah

Montcalm Community College is a great place to start your education. The class size, availability of the professors and curriculum are all beneficial and very helpful. It makes you feel like you matter and they want to see you succeed. Those in the Student Success Center are great to work with if you have questions regarding classes, transfer agreements and to help you make a plan of action for graduation. The online registration format is very easy to follow and the class search is very user friendly. The website is easy to navigate through and everything is laid out in front of you. They constantly update the information on your account so you can rest assured that it will be correct. The only thing I’ve ever had to wait for was my financial aid to update which took less than 24 hours usually. The only areas I wish Montcalm Community College would work on is that there aren't a lot of night/evening classes for Chemistry or Math courses. If you have a full time job during the day it's hard to work around for those areas. I hope to see more technical degrees offered in the future as well. Also, they don't have a lot of Bachelor degree options but they are a 2 year college, still I wish they offered more. They have a lot of Associate degree majors, I wish they had a Radiology or Dental Hygiene program but they do not. However, it's a great college to get a head start at.

Meagan

Montcalm Community College is a rural community college in the heart of Montcalm County Michigan. It is a major benefit to many people including me. I wound not be where I am without them. The staff and Professors are extremely helpful and help is always there if students need it. Montcalm Community College is an institution determined to help their students succeed.

Mindy

In high school you think a lot of small things are really important. You are taught to believe that without certain things you will not be considered successful later in life. So what advice would I give to myself? I would tell Mindy that she is not what other people tell her to be, or have taught her to believe that she is. She is not a selfish person because she wants to be loved. She is not stupid because she has made mistakes. That having an abortion does not make you a bad mother. That learning from mistakes doesn't mean you're better than someone that is still trying to figure things out. I would tell Mindy that she is the best person she can possibly be. That everything she is going through in the next four years will only make her more driven and more grateful. She has a great head on her shoulders and that she should trust herself more often, life is too short to think you are worthless and that you don't deserve good things to happen to you. I would tell myself that if you're going through hell, keep going.

I wish I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior! I would be a totally different person today let me tell you! I did not start college right out of high school, that was mistake number one. So I would begin by telling my lazy high school self that taking college classes is not that difficult. I will thank myself later if I at least get my gen eds completed. Don't worry so much about what you want to be right away. Of course I would also recommand the community college to spare on expenses because every penny counts. I would share my experiences of taking out loan after loan for my bachelors degree and how debt is not fun. If my young "cool" self listened to me and did go to college I would continue giving advice. I would tell myself that life is not a big party. There is so much more to live for and you can accomplish so much more by having clear mind every day. College is a great place to meet new friends but you are there to get an education.

The best thing about my school is my biology professor. She is really wonderful. I think that she makes learning A and P fun and interesting all at the same time. I think that she is one of the few people who truly care about education and she wants all of her students to suceed. You rarely find this quality in a professor. I hope everyone is lucky enough to find a professor with this same quality.

The nursing program does not have a very long waiting period so once you get your gen eds out of the way you only have to wait a semester to get into the program. This is very beneficial to me because I already have my bachelors degree from a major university so going to a commuinty college is not my cup of tea. I want to get my degree and fulfill my dream.

Natasha

If I could go back and talk to myself, I would tell myself not to stress too much. Life is going to get extremely difficult at times - there will be rumors, back-stabbers, a lot of tears shed and fears felt - but it's also going to be amazing. You're going to go to wonderful places; Paris and Spain are just around the corner! You're going to feel lost, confused, most of the time, unsure if you're making the right decisions. Trust in God, though, He is going to lead you to where you need to be. You'll fall in love with this little college (seriously, you will not be able to get it out of your head!). Everything is okay, though, and you are doing the best you can. The upcoming times are no more stressful than those you are experiencing now and the support you have is overwhelming. So, please, take a couple of chances and leap into the fire, because, although it will be frightening, it will be amazing too.

Montcalm Community College is best known for the historical village located on campus.

A very quaint community college that is ideal for students with very busy schedules or are looking to remain at home while they study.

There are a number of amazing opportunities at MCC. They have a number of extra-curricular programs that offer several possibilities to experience culture, leadership, or extend upon interests that coincide with courses already in place. I love that MCC has this program known as the SIL (Supplementary Instruction Leader) program which gives sudents help getting up to the college level. We work with students and help them understand the material of their, give good study tips, and help them to understand how to find answers about the college itself. I think this is a wonderful program.

I don't think there is anything that I wish that I'd known before going to MCC. As I applied and began my first year, I asked the questions I had and got very helpful responces and help. The college is very interactive in this way. Even now, when I have a question about somethin, I can either go talk to someone in person or simply send an e-mail. The college answers as promptly as they are able, which happens to be faster than I expect.

Michelle

When I think of Montcalm Community College, I think of the hope that it has given to hundreds of misplaced Electrolux workers and returning students. The job market and economy in Michigan have definitely slowed in the last few years and Montcalm county really felt the effects of this. Haveing a college like MCC in our community with its lower tuition and flexible class scheduling has also provided some sense of hope and security to those persons who are now returning to school to finish their degrees. I would say that Montcalm Community College is best known for providing Hope.

If I could go back in time to myself as a high school senior and give myself advice about college life and making the transition from high school to college, I would give myself advice about study habits and making new friends. I would stress the importance of haveing good study habits before attending college. Study habits are the most important factor in school work. If you never study a subject you will never learn the material. Some of the subjects you study in college seem like they will never apply in real life situations or in your career, however, your grades will apply when you are looking for work after college. I have seen many of my pupils fail out of school because of poor study habits and time management, which leads to my next piece of advice. Making new friends is a must in college. Although it is more important to focus on school rather than on your social life it is still a very important part of college life. Just be sure that you are hanging around people that have your best interests at heart along with their own, and you are making enough time to study.

The one thing I wish I would have known about Montcalm Community College before attending school there is that there are many different groups and organizations within the school. These different organizations keep students involved not only in school, but also within the community. I hadn't known about any of these groups or organizations before attending college there, therefore I really didn't get as involved as I would have had I known more about them beforehand. I believe it is very important for a college student to be involved not only in studies but also within their community.

Montcalm Community College has a great working environment and it gives students the education they need with no exceptions.

The first thing I would tell myself is, "Sure, use Spark Notes now in place of reading the actual boo, but in college its not going to do you any good!." The second thing i would telll myself would be, "Your friends now most likely won't be your friends in college." The third thing I would tell myself would be, "Manage your money and thing ahead. You will need to save money and you need to be prepared for the life ahead of you. Your professors in college aren't going to care wether or not you forgot your pencil or don't have the money to pay for your class. You need to expect the unexpected and be prepared!"

The worst thing about Montcalm Community College is that you can only use the money in your student avvount during a certain week and if you want to use it to but somehting for a project after that week, you can't.

christi

It has a feeling of closeness. The teacher treat you like they've known you forever no matter how old you are..

Stick with it, never give up and never let anyone tell you that you can't do it. It may be tough in the beginning, but the education will truely payoff in the end. Open this chapter in your life an embrace it fully, enjoy it to the fullest and look back on it and remember this is where you made your life what it is..

ANYONE...they treat everyone with respect even us older students

Montcalm Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.