Montcalm Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Montcalm Community College

Meagan

Montcalm Community College is a rural community college in the heart of Montcalm County Michigan. It is a major benefit to many people including me. I wound not be where I am without them. The staff and Professors are extremely helpful and help is always there if students need it. Montcalm Community College is an institution determined to help their students succeed.

Paige

I love MCC, I have been a student here for three years with the early college program. The professors kept helping me with the course when I'm having troubles. The early college director is amazing with helping the students learn how to get in control of their education.

Leiah

Montcalm Community College is a great place to start your education. The class size, availability of the professors and curriculum are all beneficial and very helpful. It makes you feel like you matter and they want to see you succeed. Those in the Student Success Center are great to work with if you have questions regarding classes, transfer agreements and to help you make a plan of action for graduation. The online registration format is very easy to follow and the class search is very user friendly. The website is easy to navigate through and everything is laid out in front of you. They constantly update the information on your account so you can rest assured that it will be correct. The only thing I’ve ever had to wait for was my financial aid to update which took less than 24 hours usually. The only areas I wish Montcalm Community College would work on is that there aren't a lot of night/evening classes for Chemistry or Math courses. If you have a full time job during the day it's hard to work around for those areas. I hope to see more technical degrees offered in the future as well. Also, they don't have a lot of Bachelor degree options but they are a 2 year college, still I wish they offered more. They have a lot of Associate degree majors, I wish they had a Radiology or Dental Hygiene program but they do not. However, it's a great college to get a head start at.

Hailey

This is a great small community college that puts it's students first and it has little to no issues with safety. It is a drug-free campus that does make people that do drugs on the campus leave and certain programs like any of the health programs have a no-tolerance rule. I love that these rules are in place. This school also has an early college program which I am apart of that is, in my opinion, one of the best. If there is an issue with a teacher, the dean of students is there to help resolve the issue and other options are provided if the issue is not resolved. The school also offers lots of opportunities to get involved and learn more. Some of the opportunities offered are speakers that come and speak for lifelong learners as well as blood drives once a semester.