Montclair, NJ
Montclair State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Montclair State University

Fixed  rate loan

BIANCA

My classmates are extremy helpful with one another.

My classmates are extremy helpful with one another.

I have come so far and I am so proud of myself however sometimes I wish I could go back because I have learned so much. The advice I would give myself would be to go straight through school and take no minor breaks. I would also tell myself to go another route as far as career choice.

priscilla

Montclair University is a place where you learn and experience real life cases that will assist with your career.

Please give yourself time to think about your future, rushing into a career you are not happy with will not fullfill your happiness. Do what you love and be patient because sooner or later you will know what is right. Don't let others control your choices, college is an open door of opportunities for the rest of your life so choose wisely.

The person that shouldn't attend this school, also does not like diversity. This is a great hands on school, business accredited and recognized by many. There is no reason why anyone wouldn't want to attend this outstanding institution.

Karen

Montclair State University leaves a permanent mark on every student that attends, while continuing to keep its doors open to past alumni and recognizing their success through this accredited school.

If I could go back in time and speak to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to enjoy and take advantage of the college life opportunity you will have. The transition is never easy and you may lose some friendships from high school but that's okay because you are going to make more friends in college and you are going to grow. You are going to be strong and confident in everything that you do. If you have the opportunity to study abroad, do it. You will enjoy it and it will give you the opportunity to find yourself. In college, you will learn more about yourself like what you like and what you don't like and what you want to do in life and more. You will meet great mentors and not so great ones, but those will help you push yourself to do better and the good ones, too, of course. Live your college life to the fullest, explore, have fun, educate yourself, and implore who is Karen.

I believe any kind of person who wants to learn, create, find themselves, make friends, or whatever it is they are trying to do should attend Montclair State University. The school is very diverse and it lives up to its freedom of expression.

Alyssa

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to save more money and brace myself. I would also tell myself to change my study habits because that was the hardest transition for me. I think it would be most important to tell myself that there are so many different types of people in the world and that not everyone is kind. My first year of college was very difficult for me because I faced a lot of roommate prolems and theft. If I knew from the beginning to be cautious and less-trusting, I would have reacted better to the struggles I had my freshman year. Although last year was so hard, my experiences have shaped me into who I am today and I couldn't have asked for a better way to learn my lessons.

The major I am involved in (athletic training) requires each student to have their own transportation to attend intenships. This is extremely frustrating because myself along with a few other students do not own a car, and this makes our daily routines very difficult beacuse our clinical sites are often very far away from our school.

A person who is disciplined and is good at managing time should attend this school. There is a lot going on everyday during the week so it is very easy to get caught up in all the fun and then miss an assignment.

Rebecca

My classmates are extremely friendly and welcoming; I believe that they had made the transition into my first year at college much easier.

I would tell my younger self to not worry so much. The transition to college was relativly easy and everyone is so nice and welcoming that it will be hard not to enjoy yourself. I would tell my younger self to stop getting nervious and breath to prevent another one of your emotional panic attacks, and reasure myself that I am capable of completeing the work load properly. I would also tell myself to apply to more scholarships because the college tuition is not ideal. Overall, I would tell myself to enjoy the rest of senior year and keep up your grades in the process.

I wish that I knew about bus services that this university provides for their students. I believe that if I had known about this earlier that this would have improved the quality of my stay here at Montclair State University. With the buses avalible for students, it allows me to explore places during my free time when I am not studying to further my education. I also wish that I had learned more about the teaching program and how great it is here. I am now interested in enrolling in the program to become a special education teacher.

Katie

Ahead of you lies an opportunity to discover a world bigger than the one you are familiar with. Embrace it, seize it, wrestle it to the ground and help it back up. Just do yourself a favor, don’t try to figure it out all at once. The beauty of life lies within all of the unanswered questions deep in your soul. Allow yourself to feel the discomfort of new challenges and ideas. Talk to people you don’t know and greet them with a smile. Know that when nothing is certain, anything is possible. I urge you to remove yourself from the aimless shuffle of people competing to fill the achievement section of their resumes. Search for a detour even if the terrain is treacherous. Find a road that allows you to run free past the traffic of conformity. Find a path that allows your heart to beat and your blood to boil. Fill your memories with snapshots of laughter on your way to your destination - wherever that may be.

I received a job offer in the field of my major before I had finished my final course in school counseling. Montclair fully prepared me and supported me throughout my educational career. Currently, I am successful working as a school counselor. I attribute much of my success to the professors in the counseling program. My professors were diverse, dedicated and engaging.

Alyssa

there are no real stereotypes present on campus that i am aware of

there are no real stereotypes present on campus that i am aware of

probably the sports teams on campus

it is very diverse. There are people for everyone to meet that will be in their life for a long time to come

some of the classes can be really tough but some classes have such great professors that i don't feel like I'm sitting in a class

Christelle

I love it here! Everything I need and truly have made the most genuine friends and opportunities here.

I have no idea what the stereotype is. Whatever comes with the liberal arts territory I suppose.

There are over 200 clubs and activities. Honestly, I would just say there's something for everyone. And if you can't find something it's super easy to make your own organization.

Diversity is real here. You'll find all kinds of people and be friends with people you never thought you would be.

Invigorating and challenging but there is always someone there to support you when needed.

Denys

My classmates, in the right settings and classrooms, are fun-loving, helpful, and socialable.

If I could provide advice to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself a number of things. For starters, I would advise myself to open up to strangers more often. Instead of wallowing in my own self-pity, I should break away from such destructive behavior and socialize with people. Sometimes, one will need to require tremendous patience in order to find the absolute best people, but one might never find them until one takes those risks. Next, I would advise myself to appreciate the current positive aspects of my life. After all, dwelling on the negativity will only bring a more hopeless outlook of life. There is so much beauty in my life, but I would need to keep searching with a keen eye. I would also push myself to start driving sooner and to apply for more scholarships to help pay for school. Lastly, I would assure myself as a high school senior that I am a very beautiful person, and that anyone who has ever made me feel otherwise will never know what true beauty is. Hopefully, these words will show my past self that I have finally found an unconditional love for her.

What I consider the best thing about my school is the overall atmosphere of acceptance it provides to its students.

Montclair State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.