Montclair, NJ
Montclair State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Montclair State University

Fixed  rate loan

Kevan

Montclair has the environment of a great canmpus offering a lot of diversity and activities to help students find their part of this big campus but their really bad with managing money for simple things that can charage your account on useless charges that don't even concern you.

I would tell myself that he should study on getting better grades and applying for scholarships because I am currently in alot of debt from my college bills. I would also say to make college the best you can make it and not to worry about the girls at your high school because there will be someone better waiting to meet you. As a senior, I went through a breakup and it took a toll on me affecting my grades and performance but today I have recovered and I am doing far better than before in my entire life.

The ratio of how many girls there are to guys because I know for myself a school with more women then men is enjoyable and a lot of my friends found their special someone here at college.

Yocari

If I were to go back to highschool and give myself a advise, I would tell myself to apply to more scholarships. I now know what it feels like to have financial problems in school. College is a investment; books/supplies are neede and their prices sometimes range between $20 to even $500 and sometimes even more, commuting to school is a expense and food adds more to the expenses. I should have payed more attention and be aware of these situations, considering the stories I have been told. I had a lot of opportunities to apply to certain scholarships but I never took advantage of it and those opportunity do not come all the time. Procrastination is no longer part of my definition but I most certainly should have started getting rid of this horrible hobby ages ago. I might have gotten a higher SAT score had I not procrastinate my studies and I may have won many scholarships had I not procrastinate the applications

I brag about the fact that I have access to studio rooms in which I can stay for hours (even at night) getting my work done and the fact that there are a lot of activities I can do on campus. (Activities/events happening everyday) Montclair is a diverse school, although, there are others schools that have diversity, the fact that I see it profoundly makes it even better; this is something that I love since I grew up in a heavily diverse community.

The one thing I don't like about my school is the way they settle there delayed openings or school closer when a storm hits. Since I'm a commuter, it makes it difficult to travel and I get a dissatisfying feeling when I manage to make it to campus only to find out that it was closed. I just wish they do it a day earlier.

Jacqueline

The future is what you make it, and by choosing the path that you believe is right for you is the only way towards success. Just as they try to explain to you as they hand you your high school diploma, college is nothing like high school. There will be times where you must speak up for yourself, and gain your own opinion. Taking changes can make all of the difference within your college exprience; meeting new people and joining clubs can help with the transition process. If something isn't right within your life in college, do not be afraid to change the path that you are on. The real world is not going to decide your fate, you must do that for yourself to better your future. Learn everything you can, and use the knowledge obtained to better your understanding of society and yourself. The goal of college is to understand that you create your own destiny with your words and actions.

While visiting Montclair as a senior in highschool, I wish I was told how critical it is to get involved within campus activities and clubs. Within Monclair, I was able to join Montclair University Gamers, MUG, and through my involvement I was able to meet great friends. The University offers activities via email, but you must research yourself to find the right club to join. There were no fairs or activities to meet the various clubs on campus, and this left me wondering what would fit within my hobbies. I wish there was a more orginzed system within Montlcair clubs.

The kind of person that should attend Montclair State University is someone who is not afraid to break free on the crowd. Making your own path is crucial to success, and within Montclair you must be able to decide who you are and what you want to become. College is about making mistakes, but within Montclair a student is able to learn from them and better their choices; preparing them for the future.

Devyn

Montclair University is a great college, with a very diverse environment, that is academically challenging, yet fun and friendly.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the first thing that I would tell myself would be my mom is right. Everything that I have done over the last four years is to prepare me for what college will offer me. I would tell myself that my focus has to be committed, because unlike high school teachers, my professors will give direction and leave everything else up to me to complete that course. I would also tell myself that college, will expose me to a more diverse environment, which will only help me grow as a person. I would tell myself that the transition will depend on the person and because I am a friendly, out-going indiviual, that it will be a smooth transition. I would tell myself to put education first as always and everything else will fall into place. I would tell myself that these four years are going to be the best four years of my young adult life and to make the most of them. Lastly, I would say, LIFE is what you make it and college will greatly enhance my future life.

A person who is focused and determined to do well in college. Also a person who is outgoing and friendly, because at Montclair most people are very friendly.

Qualicia

The advice that I would give my high school self is to not be afraid of taking more risks and getting involved on-campus. My high school self was afraid of putting herself out there and trying new things. My high school self was skeptical about discovering all of her talents and as a result she stuck to what she already knew and what she was comfortable with, but if I could go back in time I would advise myself to get out of that habit, quickly. I believe that it was these inhibitions that blocked me from being more open and honest with myself and ultimately I did not get as involved on-campus as I could have. My college self would advise my high school self to explore more activities . In addition, I would encourage my high school self to engage in more opportunities to interact with students who were just as new to college experience as I was and looking for a friend the same way that I was. College is a step that I took to furthur my career and education, so I would tell the senior that I was to take advantage of it all.

The kind of person that should not attend this school is someone who does not like being around individuals who come from different ethnic backgrounds or who is uncomfortable being around those who have a wealthier lifestyle than their own. In addition, a person who is not willing to work hard and stay on top of their schedule should not attend this school, with all the extra cirricular and free events one's social life could potential take away from getting school work done.

The worst thing about this school is the unsatisfactory advising from the professors. Often times professors are not in their offices or they do not tailor their advice or guidance to the individual students that come to them for help. Their approch tends to be cookie cutter and rigid and as a result many students end up advising themselves or switching advisors quite often.

Mikhaila

My high school senior self would need to know to be more open to strangers and outgoing because she meeta new people in classes almost every semester. There are more people with interests different from her and she would need to learn to talk to people who do not just share her interests. Confidence is trait that would help her in the future as well if she learns to just fake it. I would also advise her to save up money that could be used on textbooks and other college expenses. She would need to know to not worry about the future until she's in college since being exposed to new subject areas can make her change her mind quickly about her intended career choice. She should be enjoying her time left as a highschooler since college gets more stressful with work and huger responsibilities. She should drop the stress of the drama from classmates since she would never encounter them again and focus on friends, writing and giving back to the community. Ultimately college will be a great experience but enjoying her time as a current highschooler would benefit her then and later.

I wish I knew how windy and cold it was in the winter and that it was a school where people lived closer too since most go home on the weekends leaving the campus empty.

I brag about the friendliness of people and the number of orginizations I can join. I also brag about the smaller classes and how involved the professors are.

Solymar

If I could go back in time I would have done so many things differently. Instead of wasting almost four years I would have transferred way earlier. I always wanted to move from Puerto Rico to New Jersey and go to college there. But I was scared at that time of leaving my family behind and I thought that a college in the US was impossible to afford, so I didn’t apply for any university outside of Puerto Rico. I went to the best university in the island, and I studied for around four years there, but I felt like I was missing something, like I needed to do something else. So I started looking for universities in New Jersey, I went to visit some universities and I finally made a decision. I transferred last semester to Montclair State University, and that is the best decision I could have made. This university has so much to offer, so much to learn and so many experiences I wouldn’t have back at home. If I could go back in time, I would have told myself to not be scared, to look for options and to never give up my dreams.

This school may not be for people that are looking to be near big cities or loud places. Montclair is a very quiet place, there isnt much around. Also i wouldn't recommend this school for people that have racist issues or just dont like to interact with people that are different. This is just not the place for you.

Montclari State University is a college full of diversity. There's acceptance and support for people from different backgrounds and issues. There's also someting for everyone, like club and organizations on academics, sports, religion, cultural, greek, and many others. People who are open minded and are not scared to try new things and interact with people different from them should attend this school.

Bolaji

Montclair State a beautiful camplus in a nice quiet town. Most of the other schools I considered had metropolitan style campuses. Their campuses seemed to be in the middle of the city. Mpntclair on the other hand had a full campus which I think adds to the overall campus experience. At Montclair State,one can experience the campus itself and campus life without the influence of the surrounding. Althought this is not to say that one should not experience life off campus for there is much to enjoy in the town of Montclair.

If I could advise my high school self, I would have a lot to say. But the most important thing I would tell myself would be to have a little fun. When I first came into college, I was so consumed with my academics that I never got a chance to experience all the aspects of college life. I spent most of my time in the library. I was so scared that if I took a moment to breath, I would fail in college. I achieved and have maintained a high GPA and I don't regret the extra effort I put in. But I do think I should have managed my time better so I could have a social life, after all, the social aspect of college is just as important as the academic aspect. The advice I would give to my high school self would be to get involved with student organizations because they are a great way to make new friends and the could provide leadership opportunities as well as networking connections which I have realized are necessary additions to academic success. I would also make sure to take more time to hang out with my friends.

If you like a nice quiet campus that gives you a safe secure feeling of being on a campus seperated from the out side then this is the school for you. In other words, if you like to sometimes live in your own bubble then this is where to be.

Colleen

If I could give my high school self advice about college it would be to save as much money as I could. To be neat and organized, always be timely. I would advise myself to apply for as many scholarships as I could find. I would tell seventeen year old Colleen to follow your passions and go to fashion school, and to move further away from home. I would tell myself to do things that scare me, because conquering your fear is the only way to continue personal growth, both professionally and personally. I would tell my high school self to ALWAYS read books and to stay up to date with current events. My best advice to my senior self would be that nothing is as easy as it looks, always dig deep into a problem and work hard to solve it.

Montclair is a beautiful campus, most of it is brand new. The tuition rates are continually rising and the financial aid office is HORRENDOUS.

The brand new dorms and gym on campus. It's right outside of the city so we have a large and diverse student community.

Montclair State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.