Montclair State University

« See more reviews of Montclair State University

While visiting Montclair as a senior in highschool, I wish I was told how critical it is to get involved within campus activities and clubs. Within Monclair, I was able to join Montclair University Gamers, MUG, and through my involvement I was able to meet great friends. The University offers activities via email, but you must research yourself to find the right club to join. There were no fairs or activities to meet the various clubs on campus, and this left me wondering what would fit within my hobbies. I wish there was a more orginzed system within Montlcair clubs.

I wish that I knew about bus services that this university provides for their students. I believe that if I had known about this earlier that this would have improved the quality of my stay here at Montclair State University. With the buses avalible for students, it allows me to explore places during my free time when I am not studying to further my education. I also wish that I had learned more about the teaching program and how great it is here. I am now interested in enrolling in the program to become a special education teacher.

I wish I had understood that no matter who is around you, you must focus on your own personal success. As a first semester college student, you have no one but yourself to motivate you to get out of bed and succeed in which ever field you have chosen. It can be difficult when many other students do not follow that model, but having the confidence, drive, and determination to pursue your goals, even when you feel like giving up, is what distinguishes you as the best student you could possibly be.

I wish i knew how much fun it was to be on campus. I decided that it was better for me to commute but once i started college i realized how commuting was not for me. It is very tough to come back and forth while also handling a job at school. If i had known this, i would have made the decision to live on campus and enjoy all the activities Montclair offers. I thought college was just about going to classes but in order to have the real college experience it is very important to get involved.

I wish I had known that some of the staff was not very compotent. It cost me an extra year at school because my advisor didn't do a very good job handling my scheduling when I enrolled. I also wish I had known about the school's tendency to over-enroll students - this caused a huge problem with over-booking dorms and classes and also made it impossible to get parking on campus.

I wish I had known a little bit more about the campus itself and transportation to and from campus. Transportation is a bit limited and it is difficult and costly to travel around even neighboring towns. I also wish I had known how demanding all my classes would be. If I had known the amount of time it would take to do all my class work I would have possibly taken fewer classes.

I wish I had known how difficult requirements for the Teaching Program were! In order to be accepted into the Teaching Program, one must meet multiple class requirements as well as the ability to display knowledge about the teaching world. The program requires rigorous standards, but will also be a great preparation for our future careers as teachers.

I wish I had known the difficulty each student have to face financially while attending this school. This school is not as cheap as it says it will be. I believe that I need to work at least 2 part time jobs to keep up the expenses with this school. I would have saved all my money till attending this university. Right now, I'm struggling everyday.

I wish I had known that the school doesnt have a very good soccer team. Being a soccer player with exceptional talent, I couldn't join or play for the school's soccer team because they are still really struggling and have a long way to go inorder to achieve elite campus soccer status among peer or rival colleges and universities.

I wish I had known that living on campus was not worth the money, and I wish I had known that I would not receive any kind of grant or financial gift for my good grades. I also wish I knew how difficult the work would be and how expensive textbooks would cost.