Moore College of Art and Design Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Moore College of Art and Design

Kimberly

Moore College provides a great learning experience with professors who truly encourage you to think outside the box, push your creativity, and give their expert advice on your major or any knowledge they may have that extends beyond it. All of the professors are actively working in their fields while sharing their techniques with students. This allows not only the professors to keep up to date on the evolving technology of today, but to also impart their experience and knowledge to their students. The academics are rather intensive, but this teaches students time management as well as how to handle future clients by viewing their professors in such as manner. The technology, equipment, and studio spaces are extremely helpful in this regard as well as the fact that Moore College is a small school. As a result of a small school, students can bond easily and are often seen critiquing and giving helpful advice or techniques to their fellow classmates regardless of their major. Furthermore, there are also insightful opportunities for students to attend guest panels of alumni or experts working in their creative fields. Students can actively engage with these guests which allows for instantaneous and personalized questions or advice and networking. Alum and winner of Project Runway, Dom Streater, is an example of a successful graduate. She made an appearance as a guest speaker for my first year convocation and simply seeing and hearing a successful woman from my college inspired me to strive to be just as great. In short, Moore College is an excellent academic experience for artists and many have succeeded in working in their desired fields.

michelle

You create very tight friendships with other women artists, and the positions of power in the school are always held by women.

Kemba

Moore is pretty good. I love most of my teachers. They're a very big help to what I want to do with my life. I personally love the food. The food is okay and they made most of my favorites. The class sizes are wonderful and I have one on one time with all of my professors. The dorms are also fine but a bit small.

Destiny

Grrrreat

Moore is a small community of focused, creative women that are all different and unique in their own ways. Sometimes thats good and sometimes thats bad but either way the community is there and the professors, class sizes, and academics are wonderful. The class sizes are small, so there is a lot of individualized attention on each student and the professors are always encouraging questions and comments to reinforce the material and keep the conversations in classes flowing, encouraging to learn from peers. Its a really great class environment no matter what class your enrolled in.

Ariella

When I picked this school, I was a bit wary about it being an all women's college. In the end, I was pleased with the environment of the school. The class sizes are small enough that you won't get lost in the crowd. The school is located in Center Philly. There are so many resources nearby to access. The teachers are easy to approach and talk to. The food isn't that great but since I commute, I'm usually buying food off campus or bringing it on my own. There are no organized sports on campus but there are opportunities to start your own club with support from the school. Overall, I am glad that I chose Moore as my school.

Jet

I am currently a high school senior and visited Moore during an open house. When I first walked into Moore I felt it... I could see myself there. It just felt so right. The school is small so you will get to know most of the students. Even though Moore is a small school it is located in Philadelphia so there are many people to meet and places to go! For artists Philly is amazing! Moores class size is also small. You can really get to know your professors and many students still have relationships with them long after graduating. Moore has wonderful facilities. The school has all the newest equipment and the latest programs. I cant wait to go!

Violet

If you want professional, polite help with your finances or any advising DO NOT GO TO MOORE. The faculty is downright rude and snippy and unhelpful. They talk to students unprofessionally and talk down to us. Financial aid is a nightmare they don't tell you when anything is due and then add as many late fees as they please. Spend your money somewhere else. The student life leaves much to be desired- this is not a close knit accepting place- you conform and find a clique or be ostracized. Be warned. And good luck getting a knowledgeable professional professor. My percentage for good ones is about at 20%. Do not waste your money at this overpriced school, find one that is affordable, better social scene-acceptance, and better quality.

Nadia

My overall opinion on Moore College of Art Design is that it is a very diverse very school that I am glad to be a part of. The student life and Academic life of Moore is welcoming.

I have completed one full year at Moore and I absolutely love it. I transferred in as a sophomore and overall the transition was easy and smooth. I have not met a professor I do not like. They are all ready to help with whatever you need, and just want to better you as an artist. I commute, so I cannot say anything about the housing, except my friends who do live on campus do not seem to have a problem with it. The campus is very small, so in result it is an extremely close-knit community. I have met a lot of friends that I know are going to stay with me long after graduation. I have already learned so much at this school, and I cannot wait to continue to learn more.

Holly

Moore is a good school for certain majors. My major was the newer Interactive and Motion Arts, and I do not think this school is appropriate for this major. It felt as new as it was, which was not a good thing. Classes were downright frustrating as it seemed that none of the professors knew how to teach this subject.

Dani

Because I went to the school over the summer for a pre-college art program, my experience with the school allowed me to have more insight on art and what an art portfolio might need to look like. The teachers provided support for us about our pieces and what needed improvement. The staff took us on weekly field trips and we got to know every student personally. Wecould trust one another and encourage each other to give 100% in everything we do. The experience is one I will never forget, and I would do it all again if I could.

Christina

Moore is great for some. It's important to know that it is an extremely small school and it is a women-only school. It is also an expensive experience. However, it still seems like the perfect fit for some. If you like close-knit and personal learning environments, it's worth looking further into.