Moorpark College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Moorpark College

Alexia

While I can't attest to the campus life at Moorpark College, I did take a psychology course over the summer and found the class to be very engaging. The class size was a little smaller than that of a typical high school classroom for comparison. Additionally, the professor was readily available via email if students needed any help.

I love Moorpark! It's given me so many opportunities. I was ashamed of going to a community college at first, but now I'm proud of where I go to school! The theatre department is incredible. The shows I'm doing and the things I'm learning are so in-depth and help me feel prepared to enter the industry. The facilities are better than the ones at some four-year institutions!

Nigel

My overall opinion with Moorpark is very straight-forward and easily accessible college to attend. The campus location is conveniently close to my house, roughly 10-15 miles and all resources are provided including financial aid and programs.

Jamie

I love Moorpark College for what it is: a community college. It is the perfect stepping stone between high school and university. The professors are knowledgable and care for their students. Also there is a wide variety of classes available to students. There isn't much to offer as far as student life, but there are many clubs that students can get involved with if they desire to do so. Moorpark College is the perfect match if you are trying to accomplish an AA while saving money and wish to transfer to a university after your 2-3 years of general education classes.

Lexi

Moorpark is amazing. First off, it's a beautiful campus, especially for a community college. Secondly, the professors really care about you here and are usually always willing to help you. There is a large variety of amazing classes offered, so you're sure to find things of your interest. Moorpark definitely prepares you well for transferring to a four-year university. I will be honest, there may be some times where you may feel like you're missing out on a college experience while you're here, but that's all up to you. As long as you change your mindset into something positive it will be a good experience. It's definitely worth it to go to Moorpark and then transfer somewhere.

Jade

I am a first year student here at Moorpark College and majoring in General Biology. I do believe that compared to the other Community Colleges in our county that this school does provide more opportunities to its students to succeed all the more. It provides us with more opportunities to be challenged academically with honors classes, multiple clubs, and several sports all year round.

Moorpark Collage is a great community college. Thus there is no student housing and everyone drives into school. there is no cafeteria, only vending machines, so bring food with you. Also parking can be a nightmare so come early or carpool. Academically, Moorpark is great, you learn a lot, and I have not had a bad professor yet. Professors are readily available for questions and homework help, either through email and/or office hours. Overall Moorpark College is great, and it was one of the best decisions of my life to start my college experience at Moorpark.

Courtney

My overall opinion of Moorpark College is without a doubt, spectacular. They offer a range of courses depending on the chosen major one chooses, the professors are very willing to help out students' that request additional help if they don't understand. The campus, overall, is large with plenty of parking spaces all around. The clubs are never-ending fun and also are very many to choose from if you're planning on joining one. The food isn't too bad, but could use a different approach than just the vending machines.

Thalia

My only real complaint about the campus is the cafeteria, it's really just a large room with some tables and chairs. Only food available is from vending machines and one food truck that is hardly there. Class sizes are perfect though, and the professors are amazing. You will always be attended to at Moorpark and your GPA will thrive along with your knolege.

Olivia

I think Moorpark is one of the best community colleges in Ventura County. Most professors also work at 4-year universities and prepare students for transferring. Although the sports and cafeteria are not prominent aspects about the school, this college is known for its strong academics. I would highly recommend Moorpark college to anyone who is trying to transfer to a 4-year university.

brittany

it is an overall average experience, the campus has its ups and downs. Some teachers care and really make you feel part of the college while others are cruel and make you feel defeated. I am happy to be there now but will be much happier when I transfer to a college that is bigger.

Melissa

The campus is very large and has many clubs and programs for students to join. The staff/professors are very helpful and are usually always available to speak and give extra tutoring to students. The buildings are somewhat new but are always clean. Overall the academics are great.

Serena

I've only been here for about a year now but I am very content with my choice to attend this school. I live nearby with my family and the campus is easy to navigate around which is nice for someone like me. I haven't met every teacher on campus of course but the ones I've had so far are very kind and helpful. Some might seem unapproachable but if you have a question then they are willing to help.

Arianna

Feels like a bigger version of high schools but great for saving money to transfer and study abroad. There are a few clubs here and there but nothing too big. The library is nice with stations for tutoring. Some professors are great and others act like they are high school teachers or as if they are better than you.

layla

I love it. After living out of the states for more than 10 years it has proven to be a second home away from home. The professors are really nice, and are approachable when needed. The students are also very welcoming and nice to talk to. The campus is AMAZING, you are surrounded with nature on a daily basis.

Skyeler

I love the academic challenge. There are great professors here at Moorpark, but I wish there was a bigger push for a student community. There are clubs and organizations, but I don't hear much about them and I feel like it's hard to make friends. There should be better food options, but the library and learning center are the best places on campus.

Allison

Moorpark is the best community college out there. It has a bad reputation among its local residents for being “13th grade” out of high school, but I find that that attitude speaks more about the mentality of the particular students and does no justice to the quality of education you receive at Moorpark.

Abbe

Moorpark is in more of a convenient location than it is entertaining. It’s surrounding location is residential. It is a community college so it offers a convenient transition from high school to a university or an affordable way of obtaining a degree or certificate. The counselors are extremely helpful in making college decisions and assisting in the transfer process. It is not an exciting college experience by any means, but it can be very rewarding and also aid you to any college experience you’re looking for after your time at Moorpark.

Monica

Moorpark Community College is one of the best junior colleges around. The professors and the curriculum are top notch and the school is a beautiful outdoor college in Southern California. The campus is large enough to get a great daily workout if you attend full time and take a variety of classes. California weather is nearly perfect year round and studying outside is a daily occurrence that you will see on the campus. This college is in my opinion a great choice.

Sabrina

It's a nice college to get your AA from but it could still improve. The counselors could be easier to access and I recommend making phone appointments available. It can be very discouraging and ineffective for students to have to come in or do a video chat with how the booking schedule is set up. Having the opportunity to call in for a question would be extremely helpful and beneficial. Another thing is that it's hard to find a decent activity to join and the information isn't spread as widely as it could be.

I have had the fortune of living near Moorpark College, and I was excited to enroll after learning about their Transfer Programs to various colleges in California. The staff, full-time, and part-time, are all incredibly knowledgeable and care about the quality of their student's education and general well-being. After almost three semesters as a full-time student, I can't say I've disliked a teacher or disagreed with their teaching methods. Every professor is different, but they are all very likable and care about what they teach! The rest of the faculty are the very definition of "there to help you" - a lot of the programs are student-run, but the the faculty are always the backbone of the school. As a community college campus, there are no housing opportunities provided (hence the 1-star ratings), but the library is spacious and a valuable resource, which is great for students in need of tutoring or a quiet space!

Nathan

It is a nice simple school to attend when trying to get your general ed out of the way. There are nice professors and instructors. The campus is very clean and well maintained. There are a wide variety of professors especially for classes like biology and math courses.

Callie

Moorpark College is a great place to start your education. Set on top of a hill, the campus is pretty and facilities are very nice. The professors are excellent and there are small, engaging classes. Only complaint is the lack of things to do and places to go off campus nearby.

Moorpark College is a community college, but an amazing one at that. Attending Moorpark college was one of the best choices I have ever made. I was unsure what I wanted to major in and the direction I wanted to take my life. Without Moorpark I would be lost. This is the place I found my passions, spoke to encouraging teachers, perfected my study habits, I met many amazing people, and I help me discover who I am. I am the biggest advocate for community college because it saves you an immense amount of money, and it helps you solidify your academic dreams.

Yusra

Moorpark College is ranked the 4th best community college in the nation and it’s exotic animal management program is ranked the 1st, which is amazing. I believe the campus is beautiful, the community is friendly, and it’s a great community college in every way. I am excited to be a student there in a couple of months.

Autumn

They have administrators that are there to help. They have a program for first year students that help them with every thing. It is called "GPS". They have "reconnects" wich allows students to meet new people, talk about some problems they are having, and get ready for the new semester.

Lorryn

Moorpark College is a community college, so things like campus life and greek life are not available. However, for a community college it is quite good. It's on a pretty green hill and has programs that are not typically offered at community colleges. However, it does not hold up against four-year universities. The cafeteria is not good, it's just a room with a few vending machines. So if you want fresh food, you have to bring it. Many professors are nice and helpful, however, not all are as nice as you'd hope. I do not have a major at the moment and there was not an undeclared option, so I selected what I would like to major in once I transfer to a four-year.

maria

Moorpark College is a great community college that will prepare you for a transfer. However, it is very difficult to make friends, and not all students are particularly interested in learning. You will need to make a conscious effort to join clubs and seek opportunities, but they are there.

Nathan

In one phrase, Moor'ark College is adequate. You'll get your AA or GE's but you'll have some bumps along the way. The classrooms are a little older and can feel like you haven't left high school, but the professors are good. I've found that, in my experience, they'll challenge your intelligence without being completely impossible (there are exceptions however). Most students couldn't care less about sports, sometimes I have to remind myself what our mascot is. The biggest problem is the counseling. Appointments have to be made EXACTLY one week in advance and are completely booked within a half hour of the office opening, so making appointments is extremely difficult and annoying. Despite its larger flaws, Moorpark College is a perfectly competent junior college where you can expand your horizons and begin your higher education.

amanda

Moorpark College is not only a beautiful campus but every park of this college is welcoming. Although at times parking can get somewhat stressful it's an amazing school. When I graduated high school I was a typically naive fresh out of high school teenager who wanted to go somewhere other than Moorpark, it took me a few semesters to get into of the rhythm of what college work is like but immediately once I figured it out I soon feel in love. I was constantly trying to get better grades than I did the following semester, and I wanted to take as many courses as I could. You are able to meet all types of people who are on the same path as you, we are all just trying to better ourselves and make our way through this crazy life.

robin

I honestly love attending Moorpark College, as a freshman I was a bit nervous walking onto campus the first day. After the first day I felt very comfortable with the other students and professors. Moorpark College offers a variety of programs, majors and clubs to join. All of the professors on campus are very caring and really want the students to succeed. Most of the professors have office hours so students can take advantage and ask any question they might have. Moorpark Colleges campus is also very beautiful and green, the view from the 3rd floor from the library is incredible during sunset. So grateful I live close to campus and am able to attend this lovely school for 2 years until I am able to transfer!

Jewelia

Great college to get your AA or general eds before you transfer to a university. Most professors are good and care about the students, but need to post grades more regularly. When registering for classes make sure to check "Rate my Professor" to get the students perspective on the qualities of the class. Overall Moorpark has a great variety of classes.

Lynn

I am a second year student at Moorpark Community college. The school and staff are great. I am going back to college after having been out of school for a while. The professors been very supportive and helpful in my personal transition back into the academic world. It’s also a great place for young students to complete their core curriculum before attending a 4 year college. It is a cost effective way to get the basics taken care of so they don’t have to start life out with so much college debt.

Rachael

Moorpark is great! Academically, it's a great school. The community and resources are great as well. It's a two-year, so there's no on-campus housing, but there is a neighborhood directly outside of the school. Regardless, the students form a bond as we see each other all the time. Students and teachers alike are very welcoming, and the campus itself is beautiful.

Kylee

It’s a pretty simple yet beautiful campus for your first steps into the college scene. The math and science departments are a bit lacking in skills but our English department (ESPECIALLY DR JEREMY KAYE) and the psych department (ELISA SETMIRE ROCKS) are special!