Palos Hills, IL
Moraine Valley Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Moraine Valley Community College

Amy

I think that Moraine Valley has a lot to offer and has given me a good education. The teachers are great and always willing to help. It is a community college, so I pretty much go there and go home, but while I am there I learn a lot. I don't participate in any extracurricular things at my school because I work and have a lot to do at home. The school work can be challenging at times which I think is always good. They provide me with lots of help from teachers, faculty and areas I can study at.

Sylwia

To not procrastinate and make my decisions early on.

To not procrastinate and make my decisions early on.

Not really sure. I think that everyone can attend this school with a disability or not, this school is helpful and accommodates to everyone's needs.

The most frustrating thing about school is the parking lot. It is always packed and sometimes it is hard to find a parking spot.

Chanel

My school is large, but other than that it is just like high school.

My school is large, but other than that it is just like high school.

My classmates are friendly when approached, but they are mostly focused on class rather than socializing.

Make you sure you use a planner. Organization is the key to success. Even if it seems silly, color coordinate your folders and notebooks, get a daily planner, write a lot of notes, and stay organized overall.

Quinn

I wish that I took more time to figure out what classes I needed to take in order to get my Associate's Degree faster.

I believe if someone knows exactly what career path they want, they do not have to attend Moraine Valley. I say this because Moraine is mainly used as a stepping stool to help students figure out what they want to do, therefore it may be unnecessary for some.

Susan

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to enjoy high school more but also to become prepared for college. I personally studied a lot my senior year of high school because I was inspired by my math teacher, and I wanted to earn good grades so that I could follow in her footsteps by becoming a math teacher myself . I would tell myself to develop good study habits and to use more resources that the high school has to offer. I would also tell myself to truly appreciate what the high school has to offer because college is so much more expensive and the books cost money as well. This is a hard adjustment for me because I am so used to receiving my books in class without having to pay money for them. I would also tell myself to have a sense of what to do with your life because it will make the scheduling of classes so much easier if you have a general direction of where you want to be in the future. I would tell myself to keep on working hard because in the end it will pay off.

I consider the price of the classes and the more personal attention to be the best thing about this school. I think the smaller class sizes are fantastic because as an incoming college student it gives me time to adjust to the workload and different environment that college has to offer. It provides a nice stepping stone to my intended university and dream career, and it allows me to earn my associates and eventually earn my bachelors at the university. I enjoy learning at this school, and it is within close distance to my house as well.

I let my friends know that the classes are significantly cheaper, and the student can get more personalized attention from the instructors which is useful when the student is simply adjusting to the college workload. I also let my friends know that the staff is very friendly and that a lot of activities are available for the student as well. I tell them about the new fitness center and how it is free for full time students. I also tell them about the various learning options such as online or in the classroom.

Ra'aed

It is the only school I considered because it is a community college.

It is the only school I considered because it is a community college.

Go to community college. High school doesn't really matter. Save your money and go to CC. Make sure to get a 3.5 or higher GPA, and keep track of scholarships too. Do extracurriculars for financial aid when you go to university.

There is a lot of help avaliable and teachers are very friendly. Classes are also small.

Gonzalo

We were recently ranked the top twenty for good professors in the county!

We were recently ranked the top twenty for good professors in the county!

My advice is get involved on campus. From what I can tell about college, it’s important to get involved in clubs and organizations. So, my advice is to get involved in clubs and organizations that interest you. It would be important because it would also teach me how to balance my social, academic, and personal life. It would also look good on a resume and may lead me to get a job or an internship. More importantly, it would help me gain a better perspective on certain areas in academia. People may be able to help me understand a topic better and even help me grow individually. Not only that, but it would also help me know my interests and hobbies. From there, I could go and see if I would want a job in that field or for a major. That would be my advice to my high school self.

The professors are willing to hear students out. They will always make sure the material is adequatley covered for not only the exam, but for their intended career. Also, they offer a a variety of clubs for students to try out and make the most of their college experience!

Egle

All my classmates are extremely friendly, helpful, trustworthy, and smart, and I am not exaggerating when I say that.

When I was in high school and I had to choose a school to go to, I had a hard time picking just one school. A couple of my older friends suggested I go to Moraine Valley since they love it there and it is also close to home. I considered their idea and looked more into the school. If I would have known how great this school was, I wouldn’t have even considered my other options that I had in mind. If I knew all about Moraine before attending, I would have told myself to not be afraid to get involved and to not be afraid to talk to professors or advisors. I used to be afraid of asking for help or trying something new, but Moraine is such an organized and helpful school, that they literally help you through all the difficult situations you might have. Getting involved in clubs or organizations is so simple and very welcoming. Another really nice thing I wish I would have known my first year I attended Moraine is the job center. They offer internships, job, mock interviews and anything you would need to get a job. This is honestly amazing.

The most beneficial thing about this school to me is that professors, advisors, and councelors are always available for help and are very effective. Another thing that I love, is the school itself. Everything is brand new and well maintained, there is a lot of room to study, hang out or eat. If one wants to sit alone and queitly, there is room for that and if one wants to hang out in a social area, there are plenty of areas for that too. Smaller schools and classrooms are always going to be the best option for me.

Noelle

I'm going to have to say Moraine is best known for their wide range of classes they offer, and programs such as nursing and radiation. The cheap tuition is also very well known for college students, and it shows because the enrollment is higher than ever. I know a lot of people say that Moraine isn't a real school because it's "just like high school" but I don't think so at all. It's challenging like any university, just cheaper !

If I would have known what I know now my senior year I would have pushed myself more then. Just like many other seniors I took not so challenging classes and was just worried about prom and graduation. Although my GPA was at it's highest senior year, I could have challenged myself more. Taking all fun classes my senior year had me in a lazy stage, so when I got to Moraine Valley I was still somewhat in that stage. I wasn't ready for all the work about to be thrown at me. Even though I did get through it, it took a bit longer adjusting, because I was used to not having any work. I did learn from it though, and this semester I took on more challenging classes, because I need to prepare myself for the transfer to Illinois State University in the Fall of 2010. I know it's going to be more challenging there, especially since I'm going to be taking classes for my major. My senior year was enjoyable, but I think I could have enjoyed it while challenging myself as well. .

I wish I would have known that it was going to be very flexible. I was stressing out the summer before worried about being overwhelmed with working and going to school full time, but I'm not at all ! I love that there are so many times to take just one class and that the online classes are very easy to understand and follow.

Moraine Valley Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.