Palos Hills, IL
Moraine Valley Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Moraine Valley Community College

Destiny

Moraine Valley Community College is a very affordable, lovely, diverse 2 year community college with great students and professors . The class sizes are small which i personally enjoy because i believe it gives me a better opportunity to connect with my teachers and peers. Overall I highly recommend this school to anyone.

Jacob

I had never originally planned to go to Moraine Valley, but due to some unpreventable life circumstances, I am now attending the college. Though I was at first skeptical and reluctant to go the college, I was pleasantly surprised by the overall atmosphere of the campus and college in general. Although this survey was not tailored to community colleges, I only now have realized how many similarities a four-year university and a community college have. While I do genuinely enjoy my college, there are some things that I have taken issue with. In terms of the staff, most seem apathetic while only a few seem to actually enjoy teaching. Even some of the good teachers are either bored of their job or never cared in the first place. Other than that slight issue, I have enjoyed my time at Moraine Valley and would definitely encourage others to attend the school.

Amy

I think that Moraine Valley has a lot to offer and has given me a good education. The teachers are great and always willing to help. It is a community college, so I pretty much go there and go home, but while I am there I learn a lot. I don't participate in any extracurricular things at my school because I work and have a lot to do at home. The school work can be challenging at times which I think is always good. They provide me with lots of help from teachers, faculty and areas I can study at.

Sylwia

To not procrastinate and make my decisions early on.

To not procrastinate and make my decisions early on.

Not really sure. I think that everyone can attend this school with a disability or not, this school is helpful and accommodates to everyone's needs.

The most frustrating thing about school is the parking lot. It is always packed and sometimes it is hard to find a parking spot.

Chanel

My school is large, but other than that it is just like high school.

My school is large, but other than that it is just like high school.

My classmates are friendly when approached, but they are mostly focused on class rather than socializing.

Make you sure you use a planner. Organization is the key to success. Even if it seems silly, color coordinate your folders and notebooks, get a daily planner, write a lot of notes, and stay organized overall.

Quinn

I wish that I took more time to figure out what classes I needed to take in order to get my Associate's Degree faster.

I believe if someone knows exactly what career path they want, they do not have to attend Moraine Valley. I say this because Moraine is mainly used as a stepping stool to help students figure out what they want to do, therefore it may be unnecessary for some.

Susan

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to enjoy high school more but also to become prepared for college. I personally studied a lot my senior year of high school because I was inspired by my math teacher, and I wanted to earn good grades so that I could follow in her footsteps by becoming a math teacher myself . I would tell myself to develop good study habits and to use more resources that the high school has to offer. I would also tell myself to truly appreciate what the high school has to offer because college is so much more expensive and the books cost money as well. This is a hard adjustment for me because I am so used to receiving my books in class without having to pay money for them. I would also tell myself to have a sense of what to do with your life because it will make the scheduling of classes so much easier if you have a general direction of where you want to be in the future. I would tell myself to keep on working hard because in the end it will pay off.

I consider the price of the classes and the more personal attention to be the best thing about this school. I think the smaller class sizes are fantastic because as an incoming college student it gives me time to adjust to the workload and different environment that college has to offer. It provides a nice stepping stone to my intended university and dream career, and it allows me to earn my associates and eventually earn my bachelors at the university. I enjoy learning at this school, and it is within close distance to my house as well.

I let my friends know that the classes are significantly cheaper, and the student can get more personalized attention from the instructors which is useful when the student is simply adjusting to the college workload. I also let my friends know that the staff is very friendly and that a lot of activities are available for the student as well. I tell them about the new fitness center and how it is free for full time students. I also tell them about the various learning options such as online or in the classroom.

Ra'aed

It is the only school I considered because it is a community college.

It is the only school I considered because it is a community college.

Go to community college. High school doesn't really matter. Save your money and go to CC. Make sure to get a 3.5 or higher GPA, and keep track of scholarships too. Do extracurriculars for financial aid when you go to university.

There is a lot of help avaliable and teachers are very friendly. Classes are also small.

Gonzalo

We were recently ranked the top twenty for good professors in the county!

We were recently ranked the top twenty for good professors in the county!

My advice is get involved on campus. From what I can tell about college, it’s important to get involved in clubs and organizations. So, my advice is to get involved in clubs and organizations that interest you. It would be important because it would also teach me how to balance my social, academic, and personal life. It would also look good on a resume and may lead me to get a job or an internship. More importantly, it would help me gain a better perspective on certain areas in academia. People may be able to help me understand a topic better and even help me grow individually. Not only that, but it would also help me know my interests and hobbies. From there, I could go and see if I would want a job in that field or for a major. That would be my advice to my high school self.

The professors are willing to hear students out. They will always make sure the material is adequatley covered for not only the exam, but for their intended career. Also, they offer a a variety of clubs for students to try out and make the most of their college experience!

Moraine Valley Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.