Moraine Valley Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Moraine Valley Community College

Breanna

Moraine Valley is an okay college, the campus is decent sized and the teachers are there when you need help.

Jacob

I had never originally planned to go to Moraine Valley, but due to some unpreventable life circumstances, I am now attending the college. Though I was at first skeptical and reluctant to go the college, I was pleasantly surprised by the overall atmosphere of the campus and college in general. Although this survey was not tailored to community colleges, I only now have realized how many similarities a four-year university and a community college have. While I do genuinely enjoy my college, there are some things that I have taken issue with. In terms of the staff, most seem apathetic while only a few seem to actually enjoy teaching. Even some of the good teachers are either bored of their job or never cared in the first place. Other than that slight issue, I have enjoyed my time at Moraine Valley and would definitely encourage others to attend the school.

Julian

I thought it was a nice school to go to. Professors were respectful and they would encourage participation in class. They were also understanding when it came to homework because they knew that we had other classes. The atmosphere was laid back yet everyone was always busy doing something productive.

Blerina

My overall rating of my college is that it’s a great college to go to when you are confused about what your future holds, but know you want to further your education. It’s a great college for finding your path and figuring out where you belong and what interests you. When I started at Moraine Valley, I was a confused high school graduate with no idea on what I wanted to pursue, with only a few semesters at Moraine I am more than certain what I would career I would like to pursue.

VALERIE

Do I love the college I attend? No. Would I suggest it to someone? Definitely. I decided to attended Moraine Valley Community College because I couldn't afford any other school if we're being honest. While I hate going to community college because its basically high school over again seeing the same faces in the hallway, it's a very good school. The curriculum the school goes by is very challenging and really makes the students use their brains, fortunately someone was kind enough to post everything on Quizlet. The school also offers plenty of sports and clubs for students, which i unfortunately don't join because I'm usually at work trying to pay for my education. I hate Moraine but also love it at the same time, although it wasn't my first choice, I'm certainly happy it was my only choice.

Olivia

Moraine Valley Community college is a solid choice for those who don't want to immediately go away to a university. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here in and outside of the classroom. I've made a few friends and I have yet to have a bad professor. The professors are easily accessible and the campus is beautiful.

Destiny

Moraine Valley Community College is a very affordable, lovely, diverse 2 year community college with great students and professors . The class sizes are small which i personally enjoy because i believe it gives me a better opportunity to connect with my teachers and peers. Overall I highly recommend this school to anyone.

Paul

Moraine Valley is a port city you stop at on your educational journey. You'll encounter new people from round the world, and you'll likely find yourself with new responsibility. However, this place is just a place to transition to another destination, and if you're not ready for a serious institution, this is the place to familiarize with the schedule and responsibility, while still participating in high-school esque classes. Here your curriculum is as easy or difficult as you want it to be.

Ariel

Moraine is the ideal place to test the college waters. The staff is very welcoming and will assist you with anything you need. They also try their best to make sure you are on the correct path and they make you feel secure. Classes are very beneficial and productive because whatever you discuss within the lecture benefits you and is vital information for your degree. With that said, the campus is a very good size and within every building is a coffee café to boost your mornings or nights.

Felicity

Moraine is a very big beautiful college the environment it great and easy to adapt to. The classes are tought well aswell as the activities like clubs and sports. I’m currently in a CNA program its been a great experience my lab teachers do a great job of teaching hand on subjects. The lexture instructers need a little work with study guieds and reviews

Dashawn

I believe that Moraine Valley Community College is an excellent college to attend. The campus is very convenient, people are very friendly and it has so many programs to offer. At Moraine you partake in certificate programs, associate degrees, or programs where you can transfer to other school, to continue your education. In addition, they have ample resources like, a library where you can rent computers or rooms to study in. Also, they have free on hand tutors for math, reading, and writing as well. Lastly, Moraine Valley is a college that encourages and cherishes diversity among its staff and students.

Devin

Moraine Valley screams opportunity. There are so many resources available to you, from academic tutors and advisers, to teachers and even students. You are never not near an open computer lab or lounge area, therefore you can get all your work done just as easily at school as you might at home. Everyone is friendly, and no one is miserable being there. Although we might have the nickname "Moron Valley", the students here are far from brainless. One negative thing I should add about Moraine is that in my two years of being her so far, I have never seen anything really enforced. People tend to litter like crazy, and students will literally smoke cigarettes outside the entrances of the buildings, despite there being rules saying that people must smoke in their car.

This school provides an amazing opportunity for students to succeed. It has allowed me to grow as a student, person and as a friend. I was apart of the two year organization of Phi Theta kappa Honor Society where I held the position of president. I was able to collaborate with my fellow officers to organize events and learn a lot along the way.

Moraine Valley is a very affordable option for those who may still be unsure of their major. It's a great place to get your gen eds and get an associates degree before going off to a four year college. The students and teachers all take education very seriously so although it is a community college there is no messing around. It is also a very diverse school with lots of opportunities to learn about other cultures. Overall I was very happy with my experience here.

Dashawn

Moraine Valley is a very good college to attend. They have plenty of programs, in various areas of study, Moraine is a very technical school. It almost feels like you are on a University campus. There are so many clubs, jobs, and classes available. There's nothing you can't do at Moraine Valley Community College.

Troy

Moraine Valley is a great two-year school that also has some four-year programs. Personally, it gave me time to figure myself out while not falling behind education. The professors are willing to help you out as long as you show effort. Material covered can be challenging if you don't stay focused. Social-wise, I've made some good friends that I thought I initially weren't going to make. There are plenty of smart, talented, interesting people to be found. Though I've been attending the school for nearly two years now, I still appreciate some of the buildings we have. The fitness recreation center is one of my favorite places to hang out, not only on campus but around the area. The building itself possesses such high quality compared to the other buildings and locations I've been to around the area. Also, the library on campus is one of the buildings I can guarantee that I will stay focused while doing work. It isn't just a quiet area, it provides an environment that you or you and your friends can relieve yourself of stress to stay truly focused on understanding the topics you covered in class. I am very thankful for my experience and Moraine Valley Community College.

Amy

I think that Moraine Valley has a lot to offer and has given me a good education. The teachers are great and always willing to help. It is a community college, so I pretty much go there and go home, but while I am there I learn a lot. I don't participate in any extracurricular things at my school because I work and have a lot to do at home. The school work can be challenging at times which I think is always good. They provide me with lots of help from teachers, faculty and areas I can study at.

Jacob

I believe that Moraine Valley Community College is a very good community college, and a place that people on the road to college should strongly consider. All of the teachers in the science and math departments have have a huge influence on me. They have taught their classes extremely well, and I was rarely stressed out from their courses and I rarely had issues with them. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for many of the teachers in the other departments. The food on campus is surprisingly good, and it is a very safe and clean campus with many resources available to students is certainly a plus.

Gabriel

I simply love this place, I think that it is beautiful and the surroundings are just magnificent, I always feel safe around the campus due to the security that is available and I know that the people there are nice and kind to new people. I love that there are people in the buildings always ready to help you and they are understanding .

Moraine Valley is a great two year community college that allows you to get your footing in a competitive field. The class sizes are very manageable and make it easy to get personal with your professors. There is no housing provided since this is a community college, but the area is very nice and family oriented. The campus is somewhat small with walking distance between buildings being a max four to five minutes depending what building you are walking to/from. There are many different courses provided that are transferable to accredited four-year colleges.

Maha

It is very accommodating and welcoming. I was able to complete all my prerequisites here and now i am ready to transfer to a university. Everything about the campus makes it easy to attend from parking to location and the buildings. The counselors help guide in whatever you need. The teachers are great and the class selection is impressive. I would recommend Moraine to anyone starting off.

Noah

Moraine Valley is a great school to attend. If you are looking for a school to attend with great professors and a huge diversity, then this is your school. We have exciting clubs like video game cub, or eco club for students to join as it is a great way for students to meet new people and join something where they share similar interest.

It's clear that people don't treat it like it's a college. Some of the professors are really helpful, but most don't answer emails within a three-week time period. The campus itself is really nice, and so is the gym. Library is super nice, some students just don't treat it as a library.

Anastasia

It supports diversity and has various resources to help current students. The campus is beautiful and it is a great school for someone looking for a lower cost education but without missing out on the real college experience. The professors are always there to help you and create a personal relationship with you as a student, since the classes are smaller. It was a great start for me and I recommend it to anyone looking to begin their education in an affordable way and learn.

Anastasia