Moravian College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Moravian College

Alexis

I currently go to Moravian College and love it. The professors are caring, the class sizes are small, and personable, there are plenty of activities to get involved in, and it is located in downtown Bethlehem. The professors are always there to help and are very accommodating. The class size is averaged to be 17 students. Sometimes it can be a little less as you get into more specific classes for your major, but sometimes more (40 students is the maximum, which is what you can expect from your science classes) During the week and weekends, Moravian has fun activities. For example, on Thursdays, it is movie night and the movies are recent releases. On Fridays, they have trips to the mall, BINGO, or other activities. We have even gone to NYC to see Broadway shows. Most of the events are free, but some are $5 (the ones located off-campus, e.g., going to see a show in New York). In addition, it is located in downtown, Historic Bethlehem where there are a ton of shops, eateries, etc. You can never be bored at Moravian. All in all, if you are looking for a close-knit school with kind professors, small classes, and a lively campus, this school is the right fit for you.

Just finishing my first semester at Moravian has been an absolute blessing. The semester may have been rough for me but the college has so many opportunities for help with classes and other extracurricular activities as well. I have the perfect time balance for classes and study time mixed with free time with my amazing friends I have made here. with so much provided by the school it makes the perfect safe community to grow as a young adult.

Clare

Terrible experience here. Leaving midway through the second semester of my sophomore year broke and more depressed and anxious than ever before.

Mia

Coming to Moravian College was one of the best decisions of my life. I have never felt such a strong sense of community from any place I have been before coming here! Everyone on campus, whether they be faculty, staff, or students, always look out for one another. When you talk with professors, students, alumni and other staff members about your career interests, they always work with you to find opportunities for you to learn more about their interests and the subjects they are studying. We maybe a small campus, but once you arrive you will feel like you have found a second home with a huge extended family!

Tolu

I love Moravian! It is a beautiful campus, and has an amazing academic standing. Small, but perfect for me.

Tenise

As a first year student. I did not think Moravian was a good school for me. However, after my first week, I became comfortable and more acceptable to the school. Everyone here made me feel welcome and they were not discriminatory. It felt like my home. The staff whether it is a professor or the one preparing my lunch were all respectable and kind. They cared for my concerns and questions. The professors made sure I understood everything I could possible, and if I did not they would take extra time. The school provided me with free tutors when I was struggling with my studies. This school was nothing like I expected, in the best way possible. I am happy I choice this school!​

Amirbehnam

I enjoy it and believe that it offers students a well balanced school that has strong and present professors. I believe that it is more suited to students who want a smaller college with classes containing less than 20 people. I also think the scenery and overall feel of the school is pleasant. I recognize many faces, say hi as I walk by people, and am provided ample opportunities to connect and interact with my fellow classmates; which is very important to me as a commuter student.

Jesse

Its a nice, quiet college in the pleasant but festive town of Bethlehem. The teachers are flexible to accommodate with students schedules and bring excitement to the classes. The campus is gorgeous and well taken cared of providing beautiful scenery.

Kaitlyn

Moravian is an institution in which everyone comes together as a community and as a family. It's always a great day to be a hound!

Jocelyn

I was skeptical when I first applied and was looking at Moravian. After attending for a year, I can't imagine being anywhere else. However, people either love or hate being here. The small college atmosphere makes or breaks it for students. If you are looking for a college where you know most of the faces you pass on campus and a college that allows students the small classes necessary for academic excellence, then maybe Moravian can be the college for you.

Nichele

My overall opinion of Moravian College is a warm and welcoming school. Throughout my first year every time I have reached out to my professors for help they got back to me within 24 hours. My professors were very involved in making sure that their students thrive in their academic career. Also, I have joined the Spanish Club in my first year. This coming year, I will be the president of Spanish club. I have always been stuck inside my own shell. For me to accomplish a goal like being the president of Spanish club helped me become more outgoing. I cannot wait to see what my future at Moravian college holds for me!

Ankita

Located in the cozy, quaint town of Bethlehem, Moravian college is packed with history and tradition. It is dated back as the sixth oldest college in the United States of America and is one of the first colleges to offer higher education to women. To this day, it still parades its accomplishments whilst offering students opportunities to find and obtain their own hopes and goals. Moravian College's astute and compassionate faculty always has its doors open to assist anyone, regardless of major. Being a liberal arts school, it encourages its students to expand their knowledge across the horizon and participate in clubs and extracurriculars that are not related to one's major. The campus' small size allows for friendly and familiar faces and connections at every turn, and the campus and surrounding town is decorated beautifully to kick back and relax when needed.

Disrespectful, racist, arrogant, & unprofessional. My experience was extremely poor. Two meetings stand out that explain my experience substantially well. In one meeting with my adviser, Camille Murphy, she belittled me and my life while talking over me for an hour as I cried because I didn't feel like I could stand up for myself. This is normally how meetings with her would go. Within that hour, she told me that I cannot work and go to school at the same time even though I had all A's and B's along with bills to pay, that I will get nowhere in life, and I am a horrible graphic designer. After that, I met with the Assistant Provost, Carol Traupman-Carr. In that meeting, she also told me to work less to focus more on school which I explained that I was unable to. While I attended Moravian, all I did was go to school, do homework and work. I questioned why I should focus more on school while I had all A's and B's on my transcript. She then told me that a single A+ I had earned doesn’t count because my class was mostly Saudi Arabian students!

Moravian is a beautiful campus and it feels like family. Every time we walked past someone they would stop and greet us. Our tour guide was also really friendly and passionate about her school. I love how the classes are small and that it is close to home. I think if any person puts effort into Moravian then the person will become successful in the real life. It doesn't matter if it is not an Ivy League. If a student works hard and is passionate then I believe Moravian has the means to assist them in finding internships and jobs.

its great

Alicia

Moravian College is a huge scam. Once you get past the friendly admissions counselors and staff, the school does not care about it's students as long as their tuition is paid on time. This school will nickel-and-dime you for EVERYTHING. They boast about "diversity" yet their demographics are actually quite sad. The academics are all about research and a lot of professors won't have any grades available until the last day of classes. Not to mention if you work at a job off-campus, forget it. This school is not friendly to those who have other commitments outside of school. To sum it up, you are going to pay thousands of dollars for less-than-mediocre classes, and you are going to be at a school that truly does not care about it's students. Take your money elsewhere, you won't be missing much.

My overall opinion of Moravian College comes down to their love and support of their students. They want what is best for the students at the college and have various support groups and academic supplements for those who are struggling. One complaint that I do have is that we prioritize our sports teams over the remainder of the students even though a good majority of them do not play any sports.