Morehead, KY
Morehead State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Morehead State University

Tabitha

Morehead State is a really good college, but a person needs to make sure that the college they are looking at is the best for what they want to study. I chose nursing and MSU is the best school for nursing. It is important to research colleges and find what they are known for.

I wish I would have known how to study better. It was hard for me to adjust when I was a freshman so I got a lot of "C"s and now I am paying for that. I wish I would have been more prepared to to make good grades because once your GPA is low it is hard to bring up. Now that I have been in school 5 years I finally feel like I know how to study, but no matter what it seems that it is never going to be enough to get a 3.0 GPA.

We have been made to pay for things that not all of us are going to use, like a new basketball court, recreational area. I do not use the phacility because I don't live on campus, and and have a job and child outside of school, but I paid to help build it. Another thing is the parking is horrible!!!!! There is a big lot with enough spaces but it is soooooo far away and the shuttle bus that runs there sometimes takes a while to get there and then you have to wait for people to get on.

Jacqueline

Don't turn away from State Universities, or assume that you have to go Ivy League to get a first rate education. The better known the college, there's the likelihood that it'll be more expensive (sometimes needlessly so), bigger and harder to navigate, and involve larger, more uninvolved classrooms. Visit the colleges, explore the campuses and the surrounding communities. Pay attention to the class offerings, but look for character, too.

I wish I'd known to be more careful when it came to taking unncessary classes.

The worst thing about the school, and it's not really a complaint, is that the curriculum has been shifted to focus more on majors more scientific and business oriented, and while there haven't been cutbacks in my discipline, I worry that won't be the way of it for long.

Allison

My school is very welcoming. I feel very comfortable being there and feel very confident in my decision to go there.

For the most part, my classmates are very friendly and accomadating. I feel like most of them are very approachable and willing to help with whatever it is I would need.

I would tell those looking at colleges to first of all, take visits to as many colleges as you need. Even if you don't think that a certain school is going to be an option for you, it never hurts to look. It will help you to make your decision. Also, when you find the right college you will know it. In my experience, when I visited the college I chose, I felt a sense of calmness. It was like all of my college worries were over. Follow your heart and your gut instinct to make your decision. As far as making the most of your college experience, get involved in things at school. It is a great way to meet people. Also try to be very open and friendly to others in your classes. That is another great way to meet people, and it also gives you options to have others in your classes to help you out if you are struggling in a class.

Courtney

I would make a list of everything I wanted out of a college and look for universities. I wanted something that was on the smaller side, close enough to go home whenever I wanted but far enough away to where I still had my freedom, and a place that was very strong in my desired field, and thats exactly what I got in my school. Also, campus tours are amazing.

That this isn't high school, and that I actually had to apply myself. That just because I can do something doesn't necessarily mean I should. That my original major wasn't for me, before I wasted 2 years on it.

Summer classes dropped at the last minute.

Brittney

Find as school that makes you feel at home. Forget about where your friends are going or the finances involved. The only thing that matters is that it makes you happy. When you get there, keep school a priority. You may get off track at times, but you learn from your mistakes.

I would consider the small stature of the campus to be the best thing about school. You feel as if you belong, rather than a speck on this Earth. If you don't know someone on campus, then most likely you have seen them around.

The fact that school is a "suitcase campus" is the worst thing. Every weekend a majority of the population goes home, most likely due to the lack of activities available to students.

Katie

Go on many college visits, visit interesting colleges more then once. Find that college that makes you feel happy and at home. If you are not comfortable on campus on a visit, you wont be comfortable attending there. Don't be afraid to stop students walking by you, they were in your shoes before. Look at the town/region the college is in, a tiny college in Appalachia is not right for everyone neither is a large Ivy League school. Also, don't limit yourself to the colleges where all your friends are going. You're going to make new friends. This is your life, your college, and your future. Once you move in to the new college students, be yourself, a lot of new students will think they can make a huge change just because this is a new school. If you're uncomfortable with yourself it will show. Make a few small changes but stay true to yourself. And lastly, do not be afraid to try new things. But remember some things aren't for everyone. Just don't forget you went to college to get an education above all else.

It is in the middle of no where. But it is still close enough to get to major cities and home in a few hours.

The school requires you to run around to get every problem solved.

Terresia

the majority of them are very nice and easy to get along with.

the majority of them are very nice and easy to get along with.

My advice would be the one that fits you the best. There is a place for everyone! Find one that has lots of school involvement and small classes for individual help. Asl where the students and staff are friendly to make your college experience worth it!

I wish I would have know how much I am going to be in debt when I graduate, I didnt realize how much it was to come here. I came here for a $250 cheerleading scholarship, and thats all the financial aid I recieve.

Jeremy

My highschool was both educational and fun.

My highschool was both educational and fun.

It is important not only to look at what the college can offer academically, but also the affordability. Morehead State University offers strong academics, affordable prices and life-long friends.

The best thing is the class availability, friends and the teachers.

Kelly

My school has an excellent teacher to student ratio. The teachers will know your name and will say hello to you when they see you around campus. They love teaching and want you to do the best you can.

The first thing you need to look at is the ratio of teacher to students in the classroom. You are there to learn and you need to make sure that the teacher will know who you are and is concerned about your grade. Also, go somewhere that has the right social or e.c activities that you want to take part in. and most importantly, pick the school that is right for you and what you want to do. It may not have a big name that society recognizes but it may have a big name in what you want to do. you just may notknow it yet.

About the town that surrounds it, or lack of. It turned out to be bette in the end because there is no distractions that would take me away from campus.

Morehead State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.