Morehead, KY
Morehead State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Morehead State University

My classmates are very friendly.

My classmates are very friendly.

Parents, dont have so much control over your kids. Have trust that when they are away at college they will make the right decisions. Let them have freedom to express themselves.

Honestly, I have not come across something that has really frustrated me.

Morehead is a small town that is located in a valley where it rains almost every day.

Find a school that you feel comfortable in on the college visit. Choose a school where you're in the same kind of environment as when you are home, and if you get homesick, stay close to home. Also, unless you're completely committed, don't try a long distance relationship out of high school!

If you like to make your own fun, make your own friends, or join a fraternity/sorority, this is the school for you.

Brandon

I would tell them both to research the college, but mostly get input from the students. Every school will say they are the best at what they do so just talk to students and get the reality about the school.

The best thing about my school would be the fact that it is very career specific. Where I am in graduate school everything I work with and towards is all about the career I have chosen to be established in. I also love the fact that the faculty members are EXTREMELY nice and helpful with our studies. If I had to do it again I would come to this school to finish my schooling.

The cost of out of state graduate school tuition. I transferred from morehead to a school in Tn. for my graduate program. It is costing me close to 30,000 dollars a year (3 year program) to earn the doctorate degree I have set myself towards. The time it takes to understand all the information we are getting is overwhelming as well as the financial aspect is the most frustrating part of my school.

Joshua

My classmates are upbeat, enthusiastic and very intelligent who also work hard and try to prosper in their career goals.

Morehead State University is a great place to come to school because it offers you a lot in a small package!

Personally, I think that finding the "right" college is all about where you came from and how you grew up. I chose Morehead State University because I came from a smaller town in Kentucky and kind of wanted to stay within the small community type of college. I like to think of it as, "A place where you can know everyone and everyone knows you, but big enough to where they're not always in your business." Some people feel different about going to a small school coming from a small town, but that also has to do with their personality. Making the most out of college and having the overall best college experience is all about time management and being able to get out and meet people. I believe that the more people you meet, the more activities you will get involved in, which leads to having many memories. Myself, I joined a fraternity and I have made some of my best friends. They will be the guys that are in my wedding and the guys that carry me to my grave. Basically, getting involved around campus no matter what the activity is, is the best thing to do!

Nate

Visit the campus and talk to people that you know who go to the possible universities of your choice.

It's a small town atmosphere which is great because building friendships is much easier, class sizes are very small relative to other campuses I've heard about. Being outdoors is definitely an option here with multiple lakes in the area and fabulous lookouts and trails for biking, etc. The campus is very closely knit and therefore anywhere on campus is a reasonable walk away! Although we are a more rural area we are in no way behind on the technology side of things with the new equipment such as smart boards and a state of the art space center!

How friendly people are and the academic side of things. Scholarships aren't too relatively hard to attain with a great education in return through great professors and small classes.

Vanessa

They are mainly conservative but do listen when you speak even if they disagree. Everyone is very respectful and nice especially to new students. I've never seen anyone make fun of anyone else directly.

Parents: Look for what you child wants. Not for what you want. Student: Chill out, relax, go where you think is best and what YOU want. You will be living here, not your parents.

Too conservative for my homosexual, liberal taste.

Will

Big but not too big. Classes are 15-30 people on average. I love that!

Big but not too big. Classes are 15-30 people on average. I love that!

I would suggest living on campus. Parents let go. Its best. I didnt live on campus but I also didnt enjoy college like I wished I would have. I got started in life a little too soon. Started working full time while in college. It is not a good thing to do.

Busy work. Larger colleges focus more on exams instead of mass amounts of busy work. My department requires alot of uneccesary work.

markesie

I would say to choice your school wisely and to get research on your school before you decide. Make sure they have your intrest at hand to be successful in life.

person that like to be in a smaller enviorment

Morehead State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.