Morehead, KY
Morehead State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Morehead State University

Jamey

Looking back at myself as a high school Senior I would have given myself the advice of being a little selfish and do what I think would be best for my future and not listen to the many voices of others trying to direct me to potential career chooices. Also, not attending certain schools that were a distance off to stay close to a female is not a wise choice. i would offer the advice to following my dreams and pursue the career paths that I was passionate about. Picking areas of passionate would enhance the college experience and the knowledge gained from college would be deemed more necessary to the future of my life. Lookign back at choices that I have made I would have taken a more direct approach to my goals and gained experiance in my field of passion sooner rather than later. A second word of advice I would have given myself would have been to take the early years of college more seriously and garnered the the best grades possible. This advice would have made the road to successful less burdensome along with wasting less time in unpassionate areas.

What I would consider the best thing about my school would be the majority of the students and faculty on campus are easy to get along with and were very friendly. I was easy to make friends and meet people on campus. The staff in each building were very helpful and polite with regards to dealing with students. Everyone seemed to be willing to lend a helping hand.

I wish I had known the atmosphere of the town in which the school resides. Morehead State was in a small town in rural Kentucky. I would consider Morehead State a suitcase school. This means that everyone goes home on the weekend and the campus is empty. Finding out about the possible activities surrounding the areas would have been beneficial in choosing a college.

Clarissa

If I were to give my high school senior self advice, I would tell myself to strengthen my study skills. College is not like high school. High school was easy and didn't require much studying. When I came to college, I realized that having it easy in high school was not going to help me succeed here. Since I didn't have to study in high school, my study habits were severly lacking. This led to me not completing my major in four years and finally switching to a different major. Since I have been here for so long, I am now considered a non-traditional student. If I had the chance to do it all again, I would still come to Morehead State University, but I would have learned how to effectively study beforehand.

Breanna

Morehead is a beautiful campus and a wonderful school.

Morehead is a beautiful campus and a wonderful school.

My school is best known for its variety of majors.

The advice I would give myself would be to include myself in more sports. In college if you play sports you are well known. If I played in high school then I could have been aware of college sports and might have played.

Amy

Classmates at Morehead are friendly, personable, smart, and willing to help.

Classmates at Morehead are friendly, personable, smart, and willing to help.

Morehead State is known for it's beautiful campus, small town setting, and personal class sizes. Morehead is known for being an artistic school dedicated to helping it's students succeed. Morehead gives many adults a chance at a higher eduation at an affordable cost that they might not be able to receive elsewhere. Morehead is a cultural melting pot, bringing in students from all over the globe.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I know the first advice I would give myself would be to start taking campus tours and researching different schools early. Options should always be available when one is choosing a college to attend. If you wait to the last minute, you might end up going to a school that you woulnd't have chosen otherwise. I would also tell myself to take college very seriously. College is not all fun and games like the movies make it look. I would tell myself to buckle down and study, instead of putting it off. Sure college is fun, but grades are always a priority. The last bit of advice would be to get involved, whether it's a club or sorority, just do anything to get involved with the school. This would have helped make my transistion to college much smoother.

Sydney

Most of the kids here are really nice and classes and dynamic and interesting.

Most of the kids here are really nice and classes and dynamic and interesting.

I would tell myself to get my butt and gear and stop procrastinating on projects. I would tell myself not to underestimate the classes or overestimate my abilities to remember the information on tests without studying a lot. I would say STUDY!!!!! and don't forget to make friends and experience everything you can so you don't end up by yourself most of the time. Take advantage of all the help and tutoring you can get.

I always talk about how small and convienient the campus is and how friendly everyone is

Kaitlyn

My classmates are funny. They are quiet at first but as soon as one student breaks the ice then they all seem to come out of their shell. They are all really nice people and very apt to learn and help those that need it.

The first thing I would tell myself as a high school senior is to not take any of it for granted. The friends you have now won't always be there. Some will drift away but some will stay forever so cherish what you have right now. It's going to be a lot harder than you think it is to leave home but it's not horrible forever. When the assignment is given, do it that night. Don't slack off and procrastinate and think you can just do it before class because it doesn't work that way anymore. You actually have to learn how to study now! I know it's a foreign word and a concept you're actually going to have to be taught but it will come in handy, I promise.

I brag mostly about the teachers and the class size. The professors really seem to care about their jobs and their students. This is really nice because you don't see a lot anymore. Its mostly a get in, lecture, get out kind of thing and all my professors have been very approachable and eager to help if needed.

William

M.S.U. students are typically stereotyped as poor, and unintelligent. Due to its geographic location in rural Kentucky, this is easily believed. However, although there is a large population of rural Kentucky citezens among the student body, the students at M.S.U. are heavily involved in research and original scholarly work, leading to grants and publications.

Allie

My school is not for people who want to torture themselves with education or for people who are looking for a straight easy ride till the end.

It's a laid-back enviroment that places emphasis on learning in relation to life and preparing students for what comes next rather than useless knowledge that won't be applicable. The professors are experts in their respective fields and they always find ways to create projects in their subjects to related the material back to personal lives for a greater understanding of the importance of the material. The most unique feature about my school is that it is nestled in mountains with a beautiful campus.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senious, I would explain to myself not to be afraid of life in college, or of new people and experiences. I would explain that college is much different than high school, it's a chance to start over in a world where no one knows you and you can portray the you that you want people to perceive you as rather than the you in high school cliques that you were known as.

Jason

I would advise you to study harder in Math, to save yourself the trouble of having to take extra, and costly, classes to pay for the reviewing you'll need before getting into Math 120. I would also advise you to get a higher grade point average so that you could have a better chance at scholarships. You should also not spend all of your money on frivelous things, and save for school. I would highly reccomend you spend more of your free time exploring your interests and finding out what it is you love so when you get older, you all ready have a good path to follow, vs trying to figure it out before it's too late. Take the SATs as those would help give you a huge advantage, and clarify which classes you need to take BEFORE you begin to sign up and register so you can have fully functioning goals to go after, and not have to worry about sudden, costly, surprises. Lastly, begin your scholarship search immedaitly, to avoid the stress of worrying about making it though college.

Morgan

Morehead State University is best known for its history. Morehead State is 124 years old! So the stories that have been created here are unimaginable.

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the most useful piece of information I would give myself is, "Do not fall off your tracks!" It is very easy for high school seniors to lose focus on why there are attending high school, but it is so important that they do not. I would advise myself to step up my studying and spend more time on homework because grades really do matter. Also creating good study habits and homework habits during high school really helps prepare students for the college work load. So all in all, my biggest piece of advise is to settle down just for a few more months, it will be woth it in the end.

The best thing about Morehead State University is the personal hometown atmosphere it provides. At MSU there is always someone there to help you with any problem you may come across.

Morehead State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.