Morehead, KY
Morehead State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Morehead State University

Allie

My school is not for people who want to torture themselves with education or for people who are looking for a straight easy ride till the end.

It's a laid-back enviroment that places emphasis on learning in relation to life and preparing students for what comes next rather than useless knowledge that won't be applicable. The professors are experts in their respective fields and they always find ways to create projects in their subjects to related the material back to personal lives for a greater understanding of the importance of the material. The most unique feature about my school is that it is nestled in mountains with a beautiful campus.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senious, I would explain to myself not to be afraid of life in college, or of new people and experiences. I would explain that college is much different than high school, it's a chance to start over in a world where no one knows you and you can portray the you that you want people to perceive you as rather than the you in high school cliques that you were known as.

Jason

I would advise you to study harder in Math, to save yourself the trouble of having to take extra, and costly, classes to pay for the reviewing you'll need before getting into Math 120. I would also advise you to get a higher grade point average so that you could have a better chance at scholarships. You should also not spend all of your money on frivelous things, and save for school. I would highly reccomend you spend more of your free time exploring your interests and finding out what it is you love so when you get older, you all ready have a good path to follow, vs trying to figure it out before it's too late. Take the SATs as those would help give you a huge advantage, and clarify which classes you need to take BEFORE you begin to sign up and register so you can have fully functioning goals to go after, and not have to worry about sudden, costly, surprises. Lastly, begin your scholarship search immedaitly, to avoid the stress of worrying about making it though college.

Morgan

Morehead State University is best known for its history. Morehead State is 124 years old! So the stories that have been created here are unimaginable.

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the most useful piece of information I would give myself is, "Do not fall off your tracks!" It is very easy for high school seniors to lose focus on why there are attending high school, but it is so important that they do not. I would advise myself to step up my studying and spend more time on homework because grades really do matter. Also creating good study habits and homework habits during high school really helps prepare students for the college work load. So all in all, my biggest piece of advise is to settle down just for a few more months, it will be woth it in the end.

The best thing about Morehead State University is the personal hometown atmosphere it provides. At MSU there is always someone there to help you with any problem you may come across.

Erica Ann

If I could go back in time and talk some sense into myself as a high school senior, I would definitely tell myself that I need to pay attention more in class. I need to study more frequently and not cram right before a test. That way I would be able to retain information longer because I am no longer memorizing, but am actually learning the material. I would also have told myself to take more science and math courses in order to prepare myself for my field. I am planning on becoming a veterinarian and in my undergraduate career I needed physics. It would have been beneficial to me had I already taken physics and calculus in high school so I could have learned it previously instead of seeing it for the first time as an undergraduate. Had I been more prepared with a stronger background in the science and math courses, I think I would have definitely done better in those courses and would not have struggled so much. Also, I would have benefited throughout my undergraduate career had I developed the study skills in high school rather than slowly developing them throughout my undergraduate years.

Chelsea

It is alot of education for your money. I think the school is very school spirited. I believe the science and technology department are very up to date with technology. I think the new CHER building was a great investment for future health care students such as nursing, radiology, and PA students.

To take more college classes while in high school.

The parking frustrates me in many ways. There needs to be a parking garage build to allow for more students to have a place to park.

Anastacia

Most students at MSU are friendly and welcoming, and willing to help anyone who asks for it.

I have learned how to handle academics and independance at the same time. At first it was weird not having mom or dad reminding me to do my homework or go to bed at a certain time, but I have learned to manage my own schedule and balance my time.

The campus is very friendly and clean. The teachers are kind and knowlegeable. Class sizes are about the same as they were in high school for the most part. It't not overwhelming amounts of work.

Dania

I believe college has developed several character qualities in me. Upon attending college, I realized the burden to understand the material, achieve excellent grades, and maintain a high grade point average was solely my responsibility. My dedication has allowed me to become a member of an honor society. I am grateful for the outstanding college graduates who have been role models for me. In my opinion, I see that the educated are respected and have far more opportunities to lead. In our current social economic environment, we need more educated and responsible people to lead and direct the next generation. The college experience has definitely stretched me, but the opportunity to become a positive role model for the next generation is well worth the arduous journey before me. My intent is to lead others in a path of success as well.

Jacob

I have learned to come out of my shell with the help of new friends. I am learning I need to buckle down and get serious and study with more determination then in high school. That there is help avialable you just have to keep asking! The instructors are really good about helping out with a problem.

The building where everyone can meet to study or get a meal called ADUCK. Everyone is friendly and speaks. Don't be afraid to talk to people. Dont be afraid to ask for help.

Trying to get help in the tutoring hall

Derek

Morehead State embodies a welcoming, warm, and sentimental feeling of home and unity within the campus's falculty, staff, and small classrooms.

The reason originally for attending college in the first place was to have a sense of security when it came to what was in store for my future. In not much time, professor's, new friends', and my own views of life in general has changed the basic component of the first part of the question, "What have you gotten out of your college experience and why has it been valuable to attend?" College is no longer that place for me to acquire "job skills", but instead it has transformed my self-centered way of thinking into a more humble point of view. College itself, the independency, the lenient discipline in the classroom, and the constant learning process of how and why the world works the way it does, has taught me to reach a grander point of understanding; The understanding that in order for the world to find consolation in life, we must all forget about ourselves and write a declaration of Dependence. Without your intelligent systems to award money to deserving students, I or whoever receives this award could never flourish into the innovative psychological being the world needs-the world depends upon. We depend on you. Thanks!

The most frustrating thing about Morehead State University are the rules for freshmen and their limitations. A freshmen at Morehead State University has to live in campus housing (first two years actually, unless you have personal issues and good reasoning), be on a meal plan with the University's food line, and is limited to where they can live. The upper classmen, especially the students with higher g.p.a's are welcomes to the apartment housing while freshmen are limited to mainly 2 person dormitories; but some get lucky to live in 4 person dorms.

Robert

I would inform myself that the need for moor munchies is very important, and getting a larger meal plan to go along with it is very beneficial so your not begging for meals from other students toward the end of a semester. Also, I would try and prepare myself for the feeling of confinement by not knowing anyone or where anything was. On the other hand, I don't really think I could have been able to prepare myself for the loss of being left alone and on your own for the first time. I probably wouldn't have listened to myself anyway.

Since I am 5 hours from home, I would like to relocate Morehead State University closer to my home. I am on the riflt team at MSU, but there is a lack of apparel representing the team. (My dad really wanted a tee to wear so he could brag about me.)

Helpful, caring, understanding are just a few words describing the faculty and administration at Morehead State University. Any time my mom or myself need assistance, or a more detailed explanation of things, they are right on it. MSU enrolls the right amount of students so you don't feel like your just a number in the crowd.

Morehead State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.