Morehead, KY
Morehead State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Morehead State University

Dania

I believe college has developed several character qualities in me. Upon attending college, I realized the burden to understand the material, achieve excellent grades, and maintain a high grade point average was solely my responsibility. My dedication has allowed me to become a member of an honor society. I am grateful for the outstanding college graduates who have been role models for me. In my opinion, I see that the educated are respected and have far more opportunities to lead. In our current social economic environment, we need more educated and responsible people to lead and direct the next generation. The college experience has definitely stretched me, but the opportunity to become a positive role model for the next generation is well worth the arduous journey before me. My intent is to lead others in a path of success as well.

Jacob

I have learned to come out of my shell with the help of new friends. I am learning I need to buckle down and get serious and study with more determination then in high school. That there is help avialable you just have to keep asking! The instructors are really good about helping out with a problem.

The building where everyone can meet to study or get a meal called ADUCK. Everyone is friendly and speaks. Don't be afraid to talk to people. Dont be afraid to ask for help.

Trying to get help in the tutoring hall

Derek

Morehead State embodies a welcoming, warm, and sentimental feeling of home and unity within the campus's falculty, staff, and small classrooms.

The reason originally for attending college in the first place was to have a sense of security when it came to what was in store for my future. In not much time, professor's, new friends', and my own views of life in general has changed the basic component of the first part of the question, "What have you gotten out of your college experience and why has it been valuable to attend?" College is no longer that place for me to acquire "job skills", but instead it has transformed my self-centered way of thinking into a more humble point of view. College itself, the independency, the lenient discipline in the classroom, and the constant learning process of how and why the world works the way it does, has taught me to reach a grander point of understanding; The understanding that in order for the world to find consolation in life, we must all forget about ourselves and write a declaration of Dependence. Without your intelligent systems to award money to deserving students, I or whoever receives this award could never flourish into the innovative psychological being the world needs-the world depends upon. We depend on you. Thanks!

The most frustrating thing about Morehead State University are the rules for freshmen and their limitations. A freshmen at Morehead State University has to live in campus housing (first two years actually, unless you have personal issues and good reasoning), be on a meal plan with the University's food line, and is limited to where they can live. The upper classmen, especially the students with higher g.p.a's are welcomes to the apartment housing while freshmen are limited to mainly 2 person dormitories; but some get lucky to live in 4 person dorms.

Robert

I would inform myself that the need for moor munchies is very important, and getting a larger meal plan to go along with it is very beneficial so your not begging for meals from other students toward the end of a semester. Also, I would try and prepare myself for the feeling of confinement by not knowing anyone or where anything was. On the other hand, I don't really think I could have been able to prepare myself for the loss of being left alone and on your own for the first time. I probably wouldn't have listened to myself anyway.

Since I am 5 hours from home, I would like to relocate Morehead State University closer to my home. I am on the riflt team at MSU, but there is a lack of apparel representing the team. (My dad really wanted a tee to wear so he could brag about me.)

Helpful, caring, understanding are just a few words describing the faculty and administration at Morehead State University. Any time my mom or myself need assistance, or a more detailed explanation of things, they are right on it. MSU enrolls the right amount of students so you don't feel like your just a number in the crowd.

I would tell myself to never expect that I know everything. So many things other than what I planned on, happened my first semester and already in my second. Go into college with an open mind, ready to face the world and willing to change. Don't be set in the same mind set as when you leave high school. Clean your mind of most everything you've experienced as far as applying that to what you think will happen. If friendships you had in high school don't keep and turn out in college, it's okay because there are plenty of people at college to be your friend and who will really be there when you need them. Just live, and be happy.

The worst thing would have to be the financial aid system here. They take forever to get back to you and fail to properly explain why you owe certain fees and monies back to the school.

Someone who isn't afraid to be themselves or someone who is willing to discover who they really are while here. This is a small school, so you have to be ok with the small community. It's small, but it's a great one.

Ashli

My classmates at Morehead State University are inviting, culturally diverse, responsible, easy to talk to and fun to be aroun...

My classmates at Morehead State University are inviting, culturally diverse, responsible, easy to talk to and fun to be around.

I believe Morehead State University stands out in comparison to other schools, because it is a very culturally accepting and is an inviting and intellectually stimulating place for all of its students. There are plentiful and versatile resources available to facilitate everyone?s learning and entertainment needs. This college is versatile, fun, and community oriented. This college environment is very preparatory for real life. When you are a student here you don?t just feel like you?re in college, you feel as if you are at home.

Knowing what I know now about college, I would tell myself that I should not be nervous about college. Morehead State University is where I will find who I am. I will meet people here that will be in my life forever and those people will positively impact my college experience. I may be unsure about what I want my career to be for a while, but I will have great professors that will make inspire me to be a Teacher. Those same professors will help me find my best learning style and will assist me in my study skills so that I can be the best student possible. At Morehead State University, my teachers, friends and family will guide me into becoming the person that I have worked so hard to be. Don?t be worried about leaving home, because college feels just like it. You will be happy, you will have to work hard and study hard. Morehead State University is the path to success, they provide you will the vehicle, you just have to drive.

Morehead State University is a beautiful campus in the mountains of Kentucky, with a warm and helpful teaching staff.

If I could go back in time to give my High School self some advice about college I would tell myself to learn to be more patient with the living styles of others. I would say your first few roommates are probably going to come from completely different backgrounds and you will have many personal differences. These differences are going to cause you to have living disagreements, and that you need to be understanding and try to talk through your problems. By doing this you'll come to learn that these people, though they are different, are good people whom you can come to be friends with.

What I brag about most at Morehead State is the mountain scenery. No matter what season, or type of weather, it is always a beautiful walk to class.

Vershawn

My school is a nationaly accreditted university, it is a small suitcase college and a home away from home.

I would tell myself to really consider what im getting myself into and not choose the school cause they want me to play football. Also I'd make sure i did my research and see if they offered the particular major that I am interested in pursuing. Then I would try to see I could take a visit to the school to see if i fit in the campus atmosphere. Last but not least I would make sure I not too far from home that i would get home sick.

When i talk to my friends about my school i tell them how Morehead State University is one of the top ten universities for recieving a teaching degree.

John

Morehead has a nce looking campus and terrific people showing off the campus. I feel for MSU at my first visit...it just felt like the school for me. Now that I'm here, I have to say that they didn't tell it all. There is not much going on that interests me. I spend way too much time in my room waiting for the week-end to come to go home...I heard it was a suitcase college and now I understand.

Ok...you're a high school senior and you have met your Math requirements already...TAKE a math course anyway! It was really hard to remember Math after a year or two away from it. They will tell you that there are tutors and Labs that you can go to if you are having trouble, but don't count on them. They don't help the big, shy guy as much as they do the cute, blonde...ever! When I was in high school, I didn't know that an Apple computer wouldn't run the program needed for my Math and that the professor spoke English as a second language. I stopped working as hard as I had in my last year of high school and spent a lot of time learning to play the quitar and learning how to be a good boyfriend. These are terrific things to know, but a college education is just as important. College is not as hard as they tell you it will be in high school, but the Math is harder!

This year I would say my dorm. Last year, I got in a quad but not this year. I have only one roommate, but the shared bathroom with the floor is nasty., There's a lack of good drinking water. I have to go into the durty bathroomnd then the water is not clear. HOT uncontrollable heat, poor air conditioning... Then there's no place to study. I'm about 6'2" and 240 pounds and my roommate is closer to6'3"and 300 pounds our beds don't fit us any better than our living space. :)

Sabrina

Morehead is voted one of the best colleges in the south. In my opinion, Morehead State University is best known for their commitment to the students who attend. The teachers are there to help each student reach their goals. Morehead also has an online Bachelors in Business degree program for student who are working.

Figure out what you want to do and go to school. If I had the opportunity to go back in time, I would tell myself, finish school. I began college, but had no clue what I wanted to do. I went two years without knowing what I wanted and ended up changing my major and then eventually dropping out. I have worked many jobs trying to make ends meet. I would tell myself, life is too short to struggle. If I would have completed my college courses after high school, I wouldn't be strapped for time now. I work full-time and go to school full-time. I juggle that, a husband and my children, and that leaves little time for myself. I depended on my husband for support, but I wanted to depend on myself. I went to Big Sandy Community and Technical College in 2002-2004 for Graphic Design, I graduated with a 4.0 GPA. I decided I needed more, in 2006, I started my core classes and graduated from BSCTC in 2008 with my AA. I now attend Morehead and it's a stuggle with my life and school.

A person who is committed to accomplishing their goals should attend Morehead State University. Morehead welcomes all students and are committed in having a high graduating class rate. If you have a willingness and desire to improve your education, Morehead is a great university to attend.

Morehead State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.