Morehead, KY
Morehead State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Morehead State University

Erica Ann

If I could go back in time and talk some sense into myself as a high school senior, I would definitely tell myself that I need to pay attention more in class. I need to study more frequently and not cram right before a test. That way I would be able to retain information longer because I am no longer memorizing, but am actually learning the material. I would also have told myself to take more science and math courses in order to prepare myself for my field. I am planning on becoming a veterinarian and in my undergraduate career I needed physics. It would have been beneficial to me had I already taken physics and calculus in high school so I could have learned it previously instead of seeing it for the first time as an undergraduate. Had I been more prepared with a stronger background in the science and math courses, I think I would have definitely done better in those courses and would not have struggled so much. Also, I would have benefited throughout my undergraduate career had I developed the study skills in high school rather than slowly developing them throughout my undergraduate years.

Chelsea

It is alot of education for your money. I think the school is very school spirited. I believe the science and technology department are very up to date with technology. I think the new CHER building was a great investment for future health care students such as nursing, radiology, and PA students.

To take more college classes while in high school.

The parking frustrates me in many ways. There needs to be a parking garage build to allow for more students to have a place to park.

Anastacia

Most students at MSU are friendly and welcoming, and willing to help anyone who asks for it.

I have learned how to handle academics and independance at the same time. At first it was weird not having mom or dad reminding me to do my homework or go to bed at a certain time, but I have learned to manage my own schedule and balance my time.

The campus is very friendly and clean. The teachers are kind and knowlegeable. Class sizes are about the same as they were in high school for the most part. It't not overwhelming amounts of work.

Dania

I believe college has developed several character qualities in me. Upon attending college, I realized the burden to understand the material, achieve excellent grades, and maintain a high grade point average was solely my responsibility. My dedication has allowed me to become a member of an honor society. I am grateful for the outstanding college graduates who have been role models for me. In my opinion, I see that the educated are respected and have far more opportunities to lead. In our current social economic environment, we need more educated and responsible people to lead and direct the next generation. The college experience has definitely stretched me, but the opportunity to become a positive role model for the next generation is well worth the arduous journey before me. My intent is to lead others in a path of success as well.

Jacob

I have learned to come out of my shell with the help of new friends. I am learning I need to buckle down and get serious and study with more determination then in high school. That there is help avialable you just have to keep asking! The instructors are really good about helping out with a problem.

The building where everyone can meet to study or get a meal called ADUCK. Everyone is friendly and speaks. Don't be afraid to talk to people. Dont be afraid to ask for help.

Trying to get help in the tutoring hall

Derek

Morehead State embodies a welcoming, warm, and sentimental feeling of home and unity within the campus's falculty, staff, and small classrooms.

The reason originally for attending college in the first place was to have a sense of security when it came to what was in store for my future. In not much time, professor's, new friends', and my own views of life in general has changed the basic component of the first part of the question, "What have you gotten out of your college experience and why has it been valuable to attend?" College is no longer that place for me to acquire "job skills", but instead it has transformed my self-centered way of thinking into a more humble point of view. College itself, the independency, the lenient discipline in the classroom, and the constant learning process of how and why the world works the way it does, has taught me to reach a grander point of understanding; The understanding that in order for the world to find consolation in life, we must all forget about ourselves and write a declaration of Dependence. Without your intelligent systems to award money to deserving students, I or whoever receives this award could never flourish into the innovative psychological being the world needs-the world depends upon. We depend on you. Thanks!

The most frustrating thing about Morehead State University are the rules for freshmen and their limitations. A freshmen at Morehead State University has to live in campus housing (first two years actually, unless you have personal issues and good reasoning), be on a meal plan with the University's food line, and is limited to where they can live. The upper classmen, especially the students with higher g.p.a's are welcomes to the apartment housing while freshmen are limited to mainly 2 person dormitories; but some get lucky to live in 4 person dorms.

Robert

I would inform myself that the need for moor munchies is very important, and getting a larger meal plan to go along with it is very beneficial so your not begging for meals from other students toward the end of a semester. Also, I would try and prepare myself for the feeling of confinement by not knowing anyone or where anything was. On the other hand, I don't really think I could have been able to prepare myself for the loss of being left alone and on your own for the first time. I probably wouldn't have listened to myself anyway.

Since I am 5 hours from home, I would like to relocate Morehead State University closer to my home. I am on the riflt team at MSU, but there is a lack of apparel representing the team. (My dad really wanted a tee to wear so he could brag about me.)

Helpful, caring, understanding are just a few words describing the faculty and administration at Morehead State University. Any time my mom or myself need assistance, or a more detailed explanation of things, they are right on it. MSU enrolls the right amount of students so you don't feel like your just a number in the crowd.

I would tell myself to never expect that I know everything. So many things other than what I planned on, happened my first semester and already in my second. Go into college with an open mind, ready to face the world and willing to change. Don't be set in the same mind set as when you leave high school. Clean your mind of most everything you've experienced as far as applying that to what you think will happen. If friendships you had in high school don't keep and turn out in college, it's okay because there are plenty of people at college to be your friend and who will really be there when you need them. Just live, and be happy.

The worst thing would have to be the financial aid system here. They take forever to get back to you and fail to properly explain why you owe certain fees and monies back to the school.

Someone who isn't afraid to be themselves or someone who is willing to discover who they really are while here. This is a small school, so you have to be ok with the small community. It's small, but it's a great one.

Ashli

My classmates at Morehead State University are inviting, culturally diverse, responsible, easy to talk to and fun to be aroun...

My classmates at Morehead State University are inviting, culturally diverse, responsible, easy to talk to and fun to be around.

I believe Morehead State University stands out in comparison to other schools, because it is a very culturally accepting and is an inviting and intellectually stimulating place for all of its students. There are plentiful and versatile resources available to facilitate everyone?s learning and entertainment needs. This college is versatile, fun, and community oriented. This college environment is very preparatory for real life. When you are a student here you don?t just feel like you?re in college, you feel as if you are at home.

Knowing what I know now about college, I would tell myself that I should not be nervous about college. Morehead State University is where I will find who I am. I will meet people here that will be in my life forever and those people will positively impact my college experience. I may be unsure about what I want my career to be for a while, but I will have great professors that will make inspire me to be a Teacher. Those same professors will help me find my best learning style and will assist me in my study skills so that I can be the best student possible. At Morehead State University, my teachers, friends and family will guide me into becoming the person that I have worked so hard to be. Don?t be worried about leaving home, because college feels just like it. You will be happy, you will have to work hard and study hard. Morehead State University is the path to success, they provide you will the vehicle, you just have to drive.

Morehead State University is a beautiful campus in the mountains of Kentucky, with a warm and helpful teaching staff.

If I could go back in time to give my High School self some advice about college I would tell myself to learn to be more patient with the living styles of others. I would say your first few roommates are probably going to come from completely different backgrounds and you will have many personal differences. These differences are going to cause you to have living disagreements, and that you need to be understanding and try to talk through your problems. By doing this you'll come to learn that these people, though they are different, are good people whom you can come to be friends with.

What I brag about most at Morehead State is the mountain scenery. No matter what season, or type of weather, it is always a beautiful walk to class.

Morehead State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.