Morehead, KY
Morehead State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Morehead State University

Vershawn

My school is a nationaly accreditted university, it is a small suitcase college and a home away from home.

I would tell myself to really consider what im getting myself into and not choose the school cause they want me to play football. Also I'd make sure i did my research and see if they offered the particular major that I am interested in pursuing. Then I would try to see I could take a visit to the school to see if i fit in the campus atmosphere. Last but not least I would make sure I not too far from home that i would get home sick.

When i talk to my friends about my school i tell them how Morehead State University is one of the top ten universities for recieving a teaching degree.

John

Morehead has a nce looking campus and terrific people showing off the campus. I feel for MSU at my first visit...it just felt like the school for me. Now that I'm here, I have to say that they didn't tell it all. There is not much going on that interests me. I spend way too much time in my room waiting for the week-end to come to go home...I heard it was a suitcase college and now I understand.

Ok...you're a high school senior and you have met your Math requirements already...TAKE a math course anyway! It was really hard to remember Math after a year or two away from it. They will tell you that there are tutors and Labs that you can go to if you are having trouble, but don't count on them. They don't help the big, shy guy as much as they do the cute, blonde...ever! When I was in high school, I didn't know that an Apple computer wouldn't run the program needed for my Math and that the professor spoke English as a second language. I stopped working as hard as I had in my last year of high school and spent a lot of time learning to play the quitar and learning how to be a good boyfriend. These are terrific things to know, but a college education is just as important. College is not as hard as they tell you it will be in high school, but the Math is harder!

This year I would say my dorm. Last year, I got in a quad but not this year. I have only one roommate, but the shared bathroom with the floor is nasty., There's a lack of good drinking water. I have to go into the durty bathroomnd then the water is not clear. HOT uncontrollable heat, poor air conditioning... Then there's no place to study. I'm about 6'2" and 240 pounds and my roommate is closer to6'3"and 300 pounds our beds don't fit us any better than our living space. :)

Sabrina

Morehead is voted one of the best colleges in the south. In my opinion, Morehead State University is best known for their commitment to the students who attend. The teachers are there to help each student reach their goals. Morehead also has an online Bachelors in Business degree program for student who are working.

Figure out what you want to do and go to school. If I had the opportunity to go back in time, I would tell myself, finish school. I began college, but had no clue what I wanted to do. I went two years without knowing what I wanted and ended up changing my major and then eventually dropping out. I have worked many jobs trying to make ends meet. I would tell myself, life is too short to struggle. If I would have completed my college courses after high school, I wouldn't be strapped for time now. I work full-time and go to school full-time. I juggle that, a husband and my children, and that leaves little time for myself. I depended on my husband for support, but I wanted to depend on myself. I went to Big Sandy Community and Technical College in 2002-2004 for Graphic Design, I graduated with a 4.0 GPA. I decided I needed more, in 2006, I started my core classes and graduated from BSCTC in 2008 with my AA. I now attend Morehead and it's a stuggle with my life and school.

A person who is committed to accomplishing their goals should attend Morehead State University. Morehead welcomes all students and are committed in having a high graduating class rate. If you have a willingness and desire to improve your education, Morehead is a great university to attend.

Whitney

Dear high school me, When you start your college career, keep one thing in mind... GO TO CLASS! Don't turn your alarm off in the morning and think to yourself that it will be alright to just miss this class just this once, because IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA! Also, on Thursdays, aka Thirsty Thursdays, don't think this means that you have to get completely hammered, because you will have class the next day on Friday and you will have to go to them. And no matter how much you tell yourself Thursday night through out the party that you will go to class the next day, you won't. Next, if you get random roommates to live with, it doesn't matter how cool they are initially because you eventually are going to hate them and their stupid little habits. You will get a roommate who smells like cedar chips and throws your bread away because it's past the expiration date, even though the bread is perfectly fresh and soft. Your other roommate will steal all your cigarettes and smoke them without asking. So, learn this and you'll do fine! Love, Your college self

I wish I had known that the campus was incredibly 'hilly', as in the incline I walk to classes makes me almost collapse in exhaustion each morning. I also wish that I had known that the financial aid department always seems to lose the paper work you turn in but you are never notified of it until you recieve a bill stating you owe your life savings to the college. One good thing I wish I knew before I came here is that greek life is actually really awesome here and not cliche like other colleges.

The worst thing about the school is the department of financial aid. They are very rude and not willing to help. Whether you are seeking information over the phone or in person at the office, they always seem extrememly annoyed at your situation. They tend to lose things very easily and even though this can affect your college career, they never seem to want to let you know they have lost your paper work.

John

The University is just the right size. Its not really big at all, but its not small. The town of morehead is small and there really isnt much to do. You really have to go to lexington for huntington to really have a wild night on the town. The administration are morehead are careing but sadly it seems more and more that they only see students as account numbers. The housing administration are amazing and really care about the students. most students feel really safe on campus because of the constant patrol of the university police. Students have pride in the university and will defend the university at a snap of the figure. The most frequent student complaints always deal with food. The food services are always improving but sometimes you have to wonder if the food is really that great. The university community is like one big family, which I accord to the small community and the level of skill that the residence halls are run.

Some of the major stereotypes are that its a do nothing school, and that you can just sit around and get a degree, but because of its region its a poor school.

The really nice thing about morehead is that because its a regional university its not really big. The professors always learn the students names and in most cases create strong bonds with them. The academic requirements are strong and students must meet with advisers if they find themselves slipping behind. If you are in the developmental classes complete them fast because if you don't after 45 credit hours the university will kick you out with no chance of appeal. Another really nice thing about morehead is the level of student intelligence. Students are very intelligent and always willing to show that in conversation. The Government, Philosophy, or History departments are all stop notch. The facuilty have a strong commitment to the students and see them selfs, rightly so, as the guardian and mentors to their students.

None of those stereotypes are accurate at all. The school is teeming with life. The amazing landscaping around the university and the constant activities gives anyone something to do. Classes are challenging but very fun and all the professors are just plain fun. The University has a strong commitment to community service and to the service region which it feels that it must build.

alex

i would have to say that morehead state is best know for its Cheerleading. The cheer team wins almost every year.

Make sure you really like the school before attending it and dont pick it because your friends or your boy / girl friend is going there.

No its really doesnt matter just not used to people liking cheerleading more then football

Caitlin

Visit. talk to the professors in your field

Visit. talk to the professors in your field

It's a small friendly campus. You can walk from end to end in 10 minutes. The teachers are very helpful and friendly. I live the class sizes.

The place is dead on the weekends. It's a suitcase college.

You can be walking on your way to class and pass at least 5 people you know almost daily.

To never stop looking even when you are in college. You never know what might happen.

Melinda

I like the small University atmosphere and the smaller class sizes.

I like the small University atmosphere and the smaller class sizes.

I would advise parents and students to really take into consideration going to a University that is accredited. Most of the scholarships I have applied for require you to be attending an accredited University. Online degree programs are not always the best choice. You want to choose a college that you will be proud to put on your resume. Look into the different awards the college has been given as well as particular programs or organizations affiliated with your major. Take a tour of the campus, talk to the students on campus, and talk to the campus advisors. If you plan on living on campus, find out about their housing programs. If you are a non-traditional student, like myself, ask about any daycare programs they may have and even possible work-study opportunities. If you plan on being involved in extra-curricular activities, you may ask about those as well. And, once you choose a University, really be familiar with their policies, deadlines, fees, and become well acquainted with your advisor who can answer your questions along the way. Most of all, ENJOY it....it goes by so fast!

Tommy

I would recommend finding a place that is a good fit where the student will feel the most comfortable.

A down to earth, motivated person who wants a great public education at low cost in a small town setting should attend Morehead State University.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that due to the low cost, there are students that attend for the wrong reasons.

Morehead State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.