Morehead State University

« See more reviews of Morehead State University

Find as school that makes you feel at home. Forget about where your friends are going or the finances involved. The only thing that matters is that it makes you happy. When you get there, keep school a priority. You may get off track at times, but you learn from your mistakes.

Morehead State is a really good college, but a person needs to make sure that the college they are looking at is the best for what they want to study. I chose nursing and MSU is the best school for nursing. It is important to research colleges and find what they are known for.

Choose a school that best fits the personality of your son or daughter or as a student yourself. Many peopel already have an idea of what type of college experience they want. I think it is important to visit the campus and learn about the school before making a decision.

I would suggest living on campus. Parents let go. Its best. I didnt live on campus but I also didnt enjoy college like I wished I would have. I got started in life a little too soon. Started working full time while in college. It is not a good thing to do.

My advice would be the one that fits you the best. There is a place for everyone! Find one that has lots of school involvement and small classes for individual help. Asl where the students and staff are friendly to make your college experience worth it!

I have learned how to handle academics and independance at the same time. At first it was weird not having mom or dad reminding me to do my homework or go to bed at a certain time, but I have learned to manage my own schedule and balance my time.

The advice I would give myself would be to include myself in more sports. In college if you play sports you are well known. If I played in high school then I could have been aware of college sports and might have played.

I would tell them both to research the college, but mostly get input from the students. Every school will say they are the best at what they do so just talk to students and get the reality about the school.

Follow your heart and make sure you do things in college that you are not going to regret down the road. Live the college life and have fun!! Always put your school work and classes first though!

It is important not only to look at what the college can offer academically, but also the affordability. Morehead State University offers strong academics, affordable prices and life-long friends.