Morehead State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Morehead State University

Autumn

MSU is full of faculty who care about your education, and they push you towards your goals. The students are friendly, so it's easy to make friends. There are plenty of organizations, so when you're not studying, there's a lot that you can do. There's truly never a dull moment at MSU.

mary

Personally, I believe that i could not have gone to a better place. I have met great friends, and really enjoy the beautiful campus. My teachers are all eager to help me and go over exams if I ask. I have had no problem communicating with the different offices and always get quick responses when I send emails.

I love it here! They have wonderful oppurtunities around campus to get involved in a good community. Community is so important, so make sure you get involved! There are campus ministries, greek life, sports communities, clubs and more on MSU's campus. I hope you choose MSU if it's the school for you and if you do I hope you love it as much as I do!

Bridget

I think It is a great school that has many opportunities for campus involvement. the professors encourage you to seek help by going to office hours. The shuttle bus service is a great added value for when you don't have a car, and need to get to an off campus building. Even for the rainy days it really has great use. I know most colleges are the same way with parking and I think they use more student parking zones.

Chris

Morehead State is a small university but nonetheless its a great university. Morehead is small but a very friendly environment. Morehead is more like a family coming together than just thousands of kids coming to learn. The students and teachers are great and the campus is easy to figure out. My decision to attend Morehead State University is the greatest decision that I had made. I hope to see many others come out and become part of this family.

starla

Morehead State University is a school that I have attended part-time for two years. It is affordable education and in certain areas can be a bargain. But some departments are lacking. Astronomy and nursing loom as the biggest departments for the school and if you are interested in those fields I highly recommend you go there.

Currently in my sophomore year at Morehead State University I find the campus very accessible. Everything is fairly close on campus, along with some grocery options down the road. The campus has many blue light stations for safety along with 32 police officers that are always on campus. The school tries their best to ensure that the students feel safe. Due to this I feel that morehead State is a very safe school, doing everything they can to premit us to feel as safe as we can as we are away from home.

Great professors; on-campus housing, especially for freshman, isn't all that great, but that can be true in a lot of places. There isn't a lot to do off-campus, but if you want a small-town feel, this is the place to be. Greek life is everything, but there are plenty of other clubs if Greek isn't your thing.

I was not very satisfied with my weeks stay on this campus. It was a very uncomfortable living situation, along with seemingly scary night-life. It was not an option to go out unless I wanted to be afraid all night.

Michaela

When I was looking at colleges, I wasn't set on Morehead, in fact it wasn't even my first choice. I had kept thinking about it throughout my senior year of high school, so I decided to at least take a visit. I loved the campus, the small town it was nestled in, and that it was one of the safest colleges in the nation. I still didn't want to leave my home state , so I put in on the back-burner. After multiple visits to the campus, I finally chose to attend Morehead State and I don't regret the decision at all. It's not too far for home, but it's far enough to get a good experience of moving away from home. There are so many places on campus where students can just hangout, workout, or just sit and study. It's one of the best colleges I've looked at and I'm excited to spend the next 3 years here in Morehead.

Thank you Morehead State for an amazing opportunity!

Chelsey

I would recommend this school to everybody around. From the campus being the perfect size, to the professors being easily reachable and very accessible for every student need. The student life is also very friendly and there are plenty of fun activities and events on campus to make sure the student life is always entertaining. Its just an overall great environment and school to go to. Once an Eagle, always an Eagle!

Jenny

Overall, I like it here. Yes, it has its issues but what college doesn't? The food is not the healthiest and the dorms have some problems. Some professors really care about teaching and want you to do your best and learn. It is a suitcase college so there is almost nothing to do on the weekends but it can be used as a great time to get some homework done.

Isabella

Morehead is a beautiful university in the foothills of the Appalachians. It is a wonderful small state university in the middle of nowhere. Around the campus, there are great outdoor activity opportunities in Daniel Boone National Forest as well as a lake on campus. The majority of the professors are also knowledgeable in their fields and willing to help you in any way they can.

I think Morehead is a great small college. The scenery is beautiful and there are plenty of outdoor activities. The recreation center is said to be one of the best and is very user friendly. Eighty-five percent of my professors are wonderful. They are really good at communicating and delivering information in a way that makes it easy to absorb. Other students on campus are polite, helpful, and nice. Morehead has a great community.

Becky

Beautiful campus, everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. As a later admission the faculty and staff are helping me get set up for success. Dr. Prater is extremely helpful and motivates you to do well and keeps you focused. Everyone in the admissions office is extremely friendly and can point me in the direction of who I need to talk to and transfers me to the best suited person for the issue/question.

Chelsey

Morehead State University is a wonderful campus. The Science Department Staff are the individuals I interact with the most, and they truly care about their students. They will assist me and others the best to their abilities. The atmosphere on campus is always positive, which allows me to feel like I am home and that everyone here is my second family. I could never transfer to a different university because it would only let me down after experiencing this.

Makenzie

I really love Morehead State University.

Haley

Morehead State University is an amazing college that makes students feel at home and safe. Campus police make campus safety a number one priority. Clubs and organizations provide transport around the campus so that they can feel safe. Professors and advisors make sure that their students are well taken care of and understanding of the content they are learning.

Katrina

Morehead is a great school but, with limited resources. Their are not that many resources at Morehead, which has been a downfall to my college experience. Most of the people are really nice, on campus housing is horrible, and on campus food is horrible.

Sydney

I love it here and couldn't see myself anywhere else. I came here afraid I would end up not liking it especially after my best friend transferred schools but I've met new friends that are like family to me and gained the confidence to found a new student organization on campus.

Makenna

Morehead State University is a very safe campus with realistic resources for students. Students are the universities first priority and it shows. Affordability, wide acceptance rate, generous staff and a beautiful, modern campus allows students to thrive throughout their education.

Emma

It's a really great community, everyone is very friendly and helpful. Life seems to move slower here than it did in my home city but I enjoy it. The dorm I'm living in is pretty crappy but next year my friend and I will be on top of it and make sure we get the dorm we want. Food is alright, were supposed to get tons of new options next semester so I'm pumped for that change.

Eliza

Morehead State University is a great school for higher education. There is plenty of space in the library and across campus to study. Every building on campus has a study room and people in there to help you. There is also an amazing coffee shop in the library for early morning study sessions. However, this coffee shop closes early like another major dinning spot on campus. After six o'clock the only dining options are a greasy fast food place or the cafeteria where the food is nasty. In the cafeteria there is limited table space and the lines are always extremely long. I would love to see more of the dinning options stay open longer. Morehead State University has a fantastic professor to student ration of 1 to 18. This is very accurate, all of my general education classes have 16 to 20 people in them except two. My professors and advisor are constantly keeping me up to date on all the requirements. I would recommend this university to any student serious about there studies.

Layken

Morehead is a home away from home. It's a bit expensive if you don't receive a lot of financial aid or scholarships but it's worth it. It's a place you can really find yourself. Morehead not only allows you to get a degree, but to create relationships that will last forever, and teach you lessons that will actually help you in your future (like cooking, taxes, living etc.) I'm blessed to go to MSU.

Katelyn

It’s a great school that feels like home. Right when you walk on campus you feel welcome. All the professors and students are helpful and encouraging. I’ve never been to a place where I’ve been so happy and made amazing friends. I would recommend anyone to check out this college

Ja'Quan

Morehead state is very quiet. It’s a good place to stay focus on your studies. It’s a place where you can build connections with an assortment of people . Morehead can definitely improve its housing and facilities. Morehead is a small city so it’s easy to get to main places. The campus size is great because you can walk to every class.

Morehead State University is an overall wonderful place. I love the atmosphere and the professors and staff are always happy to help. The campus is always doing renovations to stay modern and to keep on top of things. I'm very glad I chose Morehead to further my education.

Emma-Kate

Morehead State University is a gem located inside of the Appalachian Mountains. It is literally nestled in between mountains, in a small town named Morehead, KY. But do not be fooled by the demographics; this University is very well diversified. We have students involved in a little bit of everything, from Greek life to sports to honors societies to church organizations and everything in between. If you are looking for a small town feel, but a big enough University to serve your every need, Morehead State is the place to go.

kaitlyn

I love everything about Morehead, other than the fact of financial aid, where you have to pay upfront on everything if it isn't covered by a loan of scholarship or any other type of aid. College debt exist for a reason, and because i have to pay certain things upfront is causing me not wanting to be a student and deciding to take time off. Which most of the time isn't always a good thing for most students.

Mackenzie

Overall, I think MSU is a great school, especially if you like smaller campuses and nature. Situated in the Daniel Boone National forest, MSU has multiple hiking trails and a lake that students use to stay active. Our school also offers kayak, paddle board, canoe, and other outdoor activity essentials for low rental prices. Lockegee Rock is also an amazing feature of MSU that students love to hike to and take pictures at. MSU is also great because they offer numerous options for on campus housing (traditional, suite, apartment). I currently live in East Mignon Hall which is 4 person suite living. With access to our own on suite bathroom & shower, you don’t have to compete with other students on your floor to shower or get ready in the morning. Another great feature of my room is that we have our own bathtub, which is a major hit with my roommates and me. With MSU being an older university, the buildings here are less industrial and have more charm than some other college campuses. With that being said, the age of the school also means construction to update and modernize facilities. For example, by Fall 2018 we will have two newly renovated dining facilities, a three tiered parking garage, and amazing recreation and wellness center. Like any college, MSU does have its downfalls. Due to the location of the college, there aren’t many things to do in town that you would expect from a school near a larger city like Lexington or Louisville. As a result, most students return home on the weekends and most facilities on campus close down or have limited hours during that time. This also means that’s our university isn’t much of a “party school” which some students are drawn to. Another drawback is the limited number of dining options. We have a cafeteria style option (The Rock) and then our fast food option with Chick Fil-A, Starbucks, a sandwich shop, pizza place, Chinese, and a grill. Overall, I think Morehead State is a great university. If you love nature, small classes, and a small campus this just might be the school for you!

Jasmine

I love the community of Morehead State University. The classes are small enough to have good communication and discussions. The programs here are some of the best in the state but are still very affordable so you know the school really cares about the student and not money. The advisors and school board fight for the students and encourage the students to do their best and assure us that we are safe and welcome here.

Malinda

Morehead State University is a great school and I can not wait to start in the fall. They have small class sizes, nice professors, and something for everyone on campus to do. They have a verity of different clubs, sports, greek life, and jobs on campus for students to get involved in. I personally can not wait to join the outdoors adventures club!

Sisalynn

I love Morehead State University! There are great people, great environment, great academic programs, great extracurricular programs. I just honestly love it all which is why I am trying to get as many scholarships as possible so I can continue to attend the school.

Alexis

I am from Rowan County, so MSU is very convenient. The staff is very nice and welcoming. I like the fact it is a smaller campus, so the class sizes are smaller. As long as you put in effort, you will likely succeed. Morehead State University is a wonderful campus.

Erin

It's is a beautiful place with caring and helpful staff that will work with you to help you with whatever you need. The teachers all give you their office hours and insist that you come see them if you have any question. The library and other buildings offer tutoring for any time.

Austin

Morehead State University was originally a teacher's college, and the trace of that atmosphere still exists. The arts program is very driven there, especially the music. Some of the best musicians in the country attend that small university. The food is decent, but getting better due to the new buildings to be completed in the future. The students typically leave on the weekends so its a great school to go to if you want to be at home a lot.

Joseph

Morehead State University is a very gorgeous campus. There are many things to keep you busy when you are not in class. The campus is always changing but sometimes not for the better. The food is sometimes questionable. The parking situation needs some improvements. It is one of the safest's campuses in the country.

Makenzie

My overall opinion of Morehead is that it is an amazing school. While, small in size we are big in heart. There are plenty of ways to get involved at MSU and being located in the foothills of the mountains our campus is beautiful. I will never regret my decision to be an eagle to Morehead State.

Jacob

I love it! It's in a small town, which is both a good and a bad thing, but I whole-heartedly believe that I chose the correct university to be my home for 4+ years. The atmosphere and professors are great and both are extremely supportive of student aspirations. Overall, amazing!

Tanner

I love Morehead State University! It has the right culture for my interests! There's a nice size lake close by for fishing, swimming and boating. The hills are beautiful! I enjoy the small class size and the accessibility of the professors. I also like that the campus is small so that I can travel between classes easily! It is the place for me!

Chelsea

Morehead State is a small college; it feels like my hometown. I couldn't imagine going to another school. It just wouldn't be the same. Morehead State offers the best Pre-Veterinary Program I have seen. No other college could ever compare. The faculty, staff, and students are welcoming and treat you like family. I couldn't be prouder to be going to Morehead State and being an Eagle!!

The campus life is great, but the community lacks. This town would be nothing without the college. I do, however, love the togetherness the small school provides. I feel united in a crowd that is not overwhelming. I also appreciate the class size being so small. I feel less intimidated in smaller class sizes.

Tatum

This school is for sure an interesting school, maybe I will make my decision to attend there. Overall I think Morehead might be in my future, I like the welcoming atmosphere and how there are plenty of activities for students when they are not studying or in class. The teachers seem very intelligent and will hopefully be able to help me achieve my degree by providing me with the information I need.

Carter

Morehead State University is a great college to get prepared for grad school at. The rigorous course load prepares students for difficult classes that will be taught at most graduate level programs. Professors are generally kind and helpful to all students and willing to go the extra mile for students that are truly passionate.

Laney

I was accepted and I’m so excited to attend in Fall 2020. It’s a really safe and welcoming school. I had handwritten letters sent to me thanking me for visiting and the staff are so helpful and friendly (especially from the admissions office!) I can’t wait to go!

Sydnee

My overall opinion is that I am proud to be and Eagle. My brother currently attends More head and father did as well. I speak to my mom often and she always says she would go back in time and attend the school because it is full of amazing opportunities.

William

I like the school but think that the school is not know for their sports or being the place to be on the weekends. Many students drive in and many leave on the weekends. it is very mush a suitcase campus. i think if the school wanted to improve the campus and the school need to support each other better. support Greek life and they will support you.

Christina

You’ll find faculty dedicated to your goals and what it takes to achieve them. The students are welcoming and very helpful. The grounds are beautiful and have that nice homey feeling. The Dorm rooms look clean and inviting. Everyone has been of great help.

kaylee

attending Morehead State University is one of the greatest opportunities I have ever been a part of. Morehead's campus offeers a engaging and encouraging environment for students of all majors. Saftey and support of its students is a major priority of this school, along with trustworthy staff and professors. In addition, Morehead provides numerous academic opportunities such as tutoring, designated one on one hours with your professor, and accessible study group locations on campus. All in all, Morehead State University is a safe, academically sound, and inclusive envorinment for all students.