Atlanta, GA
Morehouse College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Morehouse College

Tristan

It's no different from any other school that is held at a very high regard; the place is a microcosm of real life. I will say that the school atmosphere is generally right of middle with traditional conservative values placed on a high pedestal. Don't come in expecting anything and you will be satisfied with what you get.

Due to the conservative nature of the school the student body is slow to accept personality differences that lend themselves to a sub-culture not commonly associated with Black people. Hippies, punks and metal heads be warned.

The facilities aren't the best in the world. There is still a huge problem with neighborhood crime. The food is not friendly to vegetarians and there's very little for vegans to eat. If you have a standout personality but are kind be prepared to be called gay. Be prepared for the Holy Warriors. No you do not know everything about your religion. You will struggle at some time. It is true you can't play on the grass. Graves Hall is not all it is cracked up to be, neither are the people who stay there. I am sorry if you have to stay in the Quad. Have a way to get safely on and off campus. Make friends off campus. Don't come here if you are weak. Don't come here if you can't afford it. Like anywhere else this place is merely what you make of it.

No. The problem is that the typical Morehouse student is overshadowed by the personalities of the student who fits into the stereotypes.

Most students are very enthusiastic about the professors they have. In fact the professors give Morehouse something really special. I will say it is not the best place to go to if you want to major in the fine arts, as we have no fine arts programs here. One negative is the fact the library is lacking in Literature from about the 1960's to the present, but does keep a good section on religion and has excellent access to online acedemic publications.

I rarely participate in school sponsored activities, even if they are sponsored by school frats, clubs etc. I am away from campus frequently. I am a big art head so I am in midtown or East Atlanta a lot. Due to the stigma of the perception of a Morehouse Man I commonly seek women out of the AUC. Our SGA is a non existent entity which means the best events are usually off campus.

We are all stuck up. We are all biased towards women. Most of us are gay. We are all assholes. We aren't that interested in Black women. Pretty much any stereotype about successful middle and upper class black men.

Tristan

....... I got a scholarship? That's a good thing...

....... I got a scholarship? That's a good thing...

you really want me to answer this?

Most of the 'men' in this school have an ego... I mean at levels so high that it can induce vomiting. They definitely cannot solve a problem another can't because most of them are so lazy...if a good show is coming on, they definitely will skip class... No joke. And finally, these people here are not in the least socially aware because they are all kinds of ignorant! As much international people they have up here, they refuse to learn something from them. But thank God that at least 5% of the student population is the opposite and actually are modest, apt, and socially aware.

One is that they have a huge ego. Another is that they can solve any problem that anyone else can't...and the biggest laugh of them all is that allegedly, they are renaissance men with a social conscience.... Ha!

Ryan

The History of the School; More money to have more programs; Just right; In shock and awwee; Admissions office helping the next class; College Town; Needs Improvement; OBAMA VS. CLINTON; YES MUCH SCHOOL PRIDE CHECK OUT THE NALIA EVEN CELEBS WEAR IT; whats unusual is the greatness cant be summed up it's our mystique!

THE BEST COLLEGE IN THE WORLD.....THE MYSTIQUE WILL AMAZE YOU!!!

YES; PHILOSOPHY AND ETHICS; EVERYDAY; CLASS PARTICIPATION IS REQUIRED; INTELLECUTAL CONVERSATIONS EVERYWHERE; MOST UNIQUE CLASS CHURCH MUSIC; BUSINESS DEPARTMENT WE ARE KNOWN FOR SENDING STUDENTS TO THE BIG 4 AND WALL STREET; YES WE SPEND TIME WITH PROFESSORS OUTSIDE OF CLASS; GEARED TOWARDS BOTH.

Devin

The best thing about Morehouse College is the brotherhood and comradely. Though we are a predominately black institution we are a diverse group of men with so many different backgrounds. We come together, work together, and look out for one another. I tell people back home in Bermuda I have 3 brothers, at Morehouse College I have 3000 brothers... The only thing I would change at Morehouse is the Registration process for class overload. Morehouse is a small school and I really do like that way. When people here I go to Morehouse they are immediatly impressed and think I am very smart.. On campus I spend most of time in class but when I am not there I am usually sitting on the benches in front of the cafeteria...(the caf)... Morehouse Administration- I really depends on who you are dealing with...Some people are very lazy, others are anal, while some are helpful and willing to go the extra mile for you... Biggest controversy on campus right now is how the image of the Man of Morehouse (enrolled students...) and the Morehouse Man image is changing. There is great school pride at Morehouse!! One experience I will never forget...New Student Orienation... Frequent student complaints..

The most likely students to feel out of place at Morehouse are caucasions... Most students wear t-shirts and jeans to class..business majors where shirt and tie... All types of students at Morehouse interact with each other... Most students from Morehouse come from North U.S. There is a mix of students financial situations but most students from Middle class families.. Students are politically aware..GO BARACK!!!..... Students do talk about how much they will earn one day......

It is not true that all men who go to Morehouse College are homosexual. Its statistcally impossible. As for the arrogance, I beleive that it can often be mistaken for the confidence that we exude.

Yes, many professors know you by name... Favorite class was Management Information System (MIS)..because it was a real life business simulation class...learned very useful information. least favorite class: Business Statistics..(self expalnatory) Class participation is very common. The most intellectual conversations that I have ever had happened outside the class...just sitting around doing nothing.... Morehouse College is a very competitive atmosphere... Most unique...I am a business major we don't really take unique courses... I don't spend time with professors outside of class.... Academic Requirements are very challenging but they aren't unrealistic... Education at Morehouse College is geared toward getting a job...

Most popular group would be the SGA... STRIPES is a group of tour guides...we work with Admissions... Most students leave their dorm rooms open if they are going down the hall to vist a friend or going to the rest room... Athletic events are sparsely attended...excecpt for the first game of the season... Dating scence..go over to Spelman College and pick your wife!! lol I met my closest friends from attending dorm events.... If im awake at 2am on Tuesday im having the best conversation with my friends..or studying for a test...or finishing off a paper for a 8am class.. We party pretty often.... Fraternities are very important to college life at Morehouse College... Last weekend I went to a few valentines parties...attened a Keisha Cole concert...chilled at the mall..and wrote a paper..and studied... Saturday night without drinking..go to the movies..bowling...take a girl to dinner...plenty of parties...throw a house party...rent a movie and invite people over...theres sooo much.. off campus I do a lot..

Stereotypes of Morehouse college is that because Morehouse is an all male institution they are all gay. There is also the stereotype that we think we are better than people who don't go to Morehouse or Spelman(all female college)

Morehouse College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.