Atlanta, GA
Morehouse College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Morehouse College

michael

Morehouse College is a HBCU that all men should consider. Though it is not in the best area nor does it have the best facilities, Morehouse's social and academic lifestyle found on campus create an environment that I consider to be "win-win." It is a school that consistently has different social events and guest appearances while also being located in the middle of a thriving city, Atlanta. The social lifestyle plays a large role in the schools overall atmosphere, but it also strongly values academics and morals. Each student is constantly held to the highest standard in and out of the class. The classroom rigor and student integrity is what contributes to the strong trust between numerous companies and the school. Due to the small classroom settings, the school is able to invest in each student and it ensures that if you graduate, you will be a Morehouse Man. Morehouse is a school that has an extremely fun social setting, but it also offers many opportunities in every field . Why wouldn't someone attend a school that not only offers the best social gatherings, but also guarantees success upon completion of the undergraduate program?

Wendell

I feel that Morehouse is the number one place in America for young black men to go and cultivate their minds and truly learn everything necessary while also being in a safe space. I would not feel more at home on the campus of any institution in the world at all.

Nnanna

The school is amazing! The opportunity presented to me as a black computer scientist is unbelievable! I could not believe I would be in class taught by a Google Software Engineer!

Lorenzo

Morehouse is a great college. The faculty and staff are very supportive and the counseling center helps students who are adjusting to being away from home for the first time. This school encourages excellence at every level

Alfred

Id simply tell my self to stay focused and pursue a carreer path that wil make you happy. And be sure to make friends that will take you far and keep you on the right path. Succses never comes easy so be sure to study very hard and some nights will be hard and long but stick it trough and study hard.

I simply wish I knew the most cost efficent way to attened Morehouse College. I also wish I had known what I wanted to Major in before going to Morehouse.

The most fustrating thig about Morehouse College is simply having the finaces to pay for school. Being that morehouse is a private school it qute hard to get maximum funding from the Military or the government. So for an African American like my self who has little to no family that can afford to help fund my schooling, I belive its quite fustrating. Exspecailly when your heart is set on going to school.

Kyle

"Find your priorities and activites that you care about. Figure out how your academics tie into those acivities. Set a scedule to do all of them. Then do them. Be the you you said you'll be, be be him today." That would be the simplest way to summarize all the possible knowledge I've gained being in college. Time management is, has, and probably always will be my biggest struggle. I've finally had a breakthrough in college because I found organizations that I truly care about and goals I plan to reach. I see now how they line up with my academics and that is used as my motivating factor to be disciplined and act as I should. No longer do I let idle time be. Now I take advantage of nearly every moment to make sure that I am bettering myself and making sure that what I need to get done gets done, and what I want to do has its time as well.

The best thing about Morehouse is definitely the potential that the Morehouse community holds. The process of admission to the school brings people of all different backgrounds, skillsets, and passions. Should they be utilized and taught to their fullest potential, and directed towards causes that would better the world, the results would be wonderful. I , as a student, will push to make that possibility and potential a reality.

In my opinion, the worst part of my experience at Morehouse is the general lack of education of social issues. While, that is a commonplace issue, it saddens me that amongst so many intelligent individuals that there is such a lack of social conciousness, especially since that conciousness is a large part of achieving Morehouse's goal of creating leaders and world- changers. The school needs to do its best to educate and inform its students beyond the media that they see on TV. Beyond their own general experience. Show us the world for what it is and can be.

Undra

The advice that I would give to my highschool self would be to study harder. Study as much as you can because the information you learn in high school you will use in college. Even after you graduate high school continue to study to try to be ahead because you will come across challenges in college. Be aware of everything thats going on in the world such as wars, politics, diseases, civil injustices, and advances in technology. This information is vital because once you are in college you are now your own person. You have to look out for yourself.

The best thing about my school is the brotherhood. Here at Morehouse I have gained many friends who I consider my brothers. I will do anything for my brothers that I can and they will do anything for me that they can. As a freshman we chanted I got my brothers back for at least an hour during new student orientation week. Ever since then, the freshman class of 2018 has had each others back.

Since Morehouse College is an all male school, I believe that any male should attend this school. Although it is a historically black college, Morehouse believes in equality for all. It is a good college experience for anybody, no matter what race you are.

Donnie

They define the true meaning of brotherhood.

They define the true meaning of brotherhood.

At Morehouse, we are redefining the meaning of leadership. It’s not about attaining the highest title or position, but about attaining skills such as compassion, civility, integrity and even listening. Morehouse is poised to become the epicenter of ethical leadership as we continue to develop leaders who are spiritually disciplined, intellectually astute and morally wise.

I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible, to stay focus, and never take education for granted. I realize that an education is the definitely the key to success.

Blake

My school is best known for training men to be leaders in their communities, the nation and the world. Martin Luther King Jr. is an alumnus of this institution and a primary example of a prosperous leader who led the country through a historic, transforming civic movement. Morehouse College is considered to be the epicenter of ethical leadership that strives to develop young men to be leaders who are spiritually disciplined, intellectually astute and morally wise. Morehouse is best known for taking a boy who enters as a freshman and transforming him into a man when he graduates.

I would advice myself to manage my time more efficiently by keeping a planner of all of my classes and extra-curricular activities. I would inform my high school self that in college you have more time during the day to get complete tasks. Unlike high school, you can rest between classes and leave to your room to retrieve books or whatever you forgot for class. I would tell myself to create a template of a planned out day, using all 24 hours. This includes a set amount of time and schedule for sleep, hygiene, class, eating, social time, homework and other activities. Following a planner organizes your day and prevents procrastination on homework, causing you to stay ahead, while reminding you when events are so you are always aware of what is going on. College students get distracted easily because they do not manage their time wisely, thus them “cramming” for exams and coming late to class. With a planner you will not worry about what you have to do because it is already written out for you. A planner will assist you to be very organized and a high-performing student who still enjoys the college life.

I brag to my friends that my classmates are very goal-oriented and determined to achieve greatness. Approximately three-fourths of the student body is involved in the community. The students at Morehouse want to improve the quality of life for African-American males across the United States. My classmates consider each other 'brothers' inside and out of the classroom, presenting a respectable character at all times. The students demonstrate versatility in professionalism which includes being dressed properly, well-spoken and exposed to different cultures. My classmates keep academics as their priority and work diligently to improve their communities.

Morehouse College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.