Atlanta, GA
Morehouse College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Morehouse College

Undra

The advice that I would give to my highschool self would be to study harder. Study as much as you can because the information you learn in high school you will use in college. Even after you graduate high school continue to study to try to be ahead because you will come across challenges in college. Be aware of everything thats going on in the world such as wars, politics, diseases, civil injustices, and advances in technology. This information is vital because once you are in college you are now your own person. You have to look out for yourself.

The best thing about my school is the brotherhood. Here at Morehouse I have gained many friends who I consider my brothers. I will do anything for my brothers that I can and they will do anything for me that they can. As a freshman we chanted I got my brothers back for at least an hour during new student orientation week. Ever since then, the freshman class of 2018 has had each others back.

Since Morehouse College is an all male school, I believe that any male should attend this school. Although it is a historically black college, Morehouse believes in equality for all. It is a good college experience for anybody, no matter what race you are.

Donnie

They define the true meaning of brotherhood.

They define the true meaning of brotherhood.

At Morehouse, we are redefining the meaning of leadership. It’s not about attaining the highest title or position, but about attaining skills such as compassion, civility, integrity and even listening. Morehouse is poised to become the epicenter of ethical leadership as we continue to develop leaders who are spiritually disciplined, intellectually astute and morally wise.

I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible, to stay focus, and never take education for granted. I realize that an education is the definitely the key to success.

Blake

My school is best known for training men to be leaders in their communities, the nation and the world. Martin Luther King Jr. is an alumnus of this institution and a primary example of a prosperous leader who led the country through a historic, transforming civic movement. Morehouse College is considered to be the epicenter of ethical leadership that strives to develop young men to be leaders who are spiritually disciplined, intellectually astute and morally wise. Morehouse is best known for taking a boy who enters as a freshman and transforming him into a man when he graduates.

I would advice myself to manage my time more efficiently by keeping a planner of all of my classes and extra-curricular activities. I would inform my high school self that in college you have more time during the day to get complete tasks. Unlike high school, you can rest between classes and leave to your room to retrieve books or whatever you forgot for class. I would tell myself to create a template of a planned out day, using all 24 hours. This includes a set amount of time and schedule for sleep, hygiene, class, eating, social time, homework and other activities. Following a planner organizes your day and prevents procrastination on homework, causing you to stay ahead, while reminding you when events are so you are always aware of what is going on. College students get distracted easily because they do not manage their time wisely, thus them “cramming” for exams and coming late to class. With a planner you will not worry about what you have to do because it is already written out for you. A planner will assist you to be very organized and a high-performing student who still enjoys the college life.

I brag to my friends that my classmates are very goal-oriented and determined to achieve greatness. Approximately three-fourths of the student body is involved in the community. The students at Morehouse want to improve the quality of life for African-American males across the United States. My classmates consider each other 'brothers' inside and out of the classroom, presenting a respectable character at all times. The students demonstrate versatility in professionalism which includes being dressed properly, well-spoken and exposed to different cultures. My classmates keep academics as their priority and work diligently to improve their communities.

Dondrae

If given the opportunity to talk to my high school self, I would warn myself about the importance of applying for scholarships as early as possible. While I was a senior in high school, I lacked the enthusiam of preparing for college and instead spent the majority of time enjoying the festivities that arrive with being a high school senior. My lack of preperation and enthusiam resulted in me currently having to struggle to find creative ways to afford the ever growing cost of being a college student.

Prior to coming to Morehouse College, I wish I had known that Morehouse had good athletic teams because of my love of sports.

My school is the alumni of great African Americans such like Martin Luther King and Spike Lee. Another great thing I brag about is that the college is located near many other colleges.

Nicholas

From an academic standpoint I would have tried to take more AP courses. I was not fully aware that getting fours and fives on the AP exams could exempt you from general educations courses in college. I would have also put in more effort in high school by writing more papers. In college you write a solid amount of papers each semester. As a freshman at Morehouse College, my papers were not the best. I am the type of person that likes to get ahead in classes so I would have began to study different topics in my major the summer previous to freshman year. I've always had a pretty good outlook on life so I wasn't nervous to leave home for school, but the one thing I had a problem with was time management. Finding that balance between your social and academic life is very important. College teaches you many things that you will use for the rest of your life: time management, priorities, discipline, and balance.

The best thing about Morehouse College are the networking opportunites. There are so many fortune 500 companies, career expo's and job fairs that come and take place at Morehouse College that is it almosy unbelieveable. Each Department Chair in every major offered at Morehouse College consistently notifies their students about Graduate Programs, Medical Schools and Law Schools that are coming to visit as a means of keeping students on their toes by maintaining a professional image.

One who does not know how to balance his acadmeic and social lives. Those who place their social life above school and studies often end up having to leave. However, once you maintain that balance of academics and social life, you then find yourself in a comfortable enviornment where you may enjoy all of college's endeavors.

Jared

Morehouse College is an incubator for the development of African-American men who have a desire to provoke change in their given spheres of influence.

Dear Jared, As you prepare to graduate from Waddell High School and begin your matriculation through Morehouse College there are a few things to advise you about. First, do everything you can to get a 4.0 in the first and second semester. Don’t wait until you get into your major classes before you begin to take college seriously. Because your GPA will be cumulative over the course of the four years, it is imperative that you have a strong GPA in order to better position yourself for internship and job opportunities. Another thing that is essential to making the transition is researching and applying for every scholarship that you can possibly apply for. Don’t depend on your parents and students loans to cover all your costs. There will always be something else to pay for during your matriculation that a scholarship can assist in covering. Last but certainly not least, get involved on campus immediately! Getting involved in clubs and organizations is a great way to meet new people and network. You never know, getting involved could lead to job opportunities or even be a means by which you meet your future wife.

Morehouse College is very prestigious college with many notable alumni. When my friends begin to brag about their college football or basketball teams, I quickly remind them of the caliber of men that I am able to call my Morehouse brothers. Men such as Martin Luther King, Jr., Samuel L. Jackson, and Spike Lee, among many others have graduated from Morehouse College. There are many famous alumni who have had a significant impact of the country and world and it's always a great way to quiet those who like to brag on their school.

Ibrahiim

Tradition of producing well educated black men that will be able to make a positive impact on their communitites. It is also one of the best ranked historically black colleges in the nation.

Take the AP classes more seriously so that you can put yourself ahead. Make sure that you research scholarships more around your ethnicity and state of residence. Become more social with administarors and other students so that you can build a strong image on the campus.

I wish I had known about more available scholarships and programs that will help me pay for school.

Joshua

The best advice I could give myself is to always work hard and go above what is expected. As a senior in high school, I did not always think long term. I only thought about the moment and not what I really needed to do in order to properly prepare myself for college. Not only, did I need to apply myself academically, but also prepare for the responsibilities that come with being in college. College Professors do not want to hear excuses as to why you did not accomplish something on time. They only want you to be successful in the classroom so they expect you to respect their time and timelines for completion of assignments. Additional advice I would give myself is talk to adults about their occupations. Do research so you can understand what job opportunities are available in the world. If you take the time early on, you will save yourself time and money in the future by knowing what you want to do!

Ismail

If I could go back into my senior year and tell myself something, it would be to not slack in Pre-Calculus and to tell myself to convince my French teacher to drop the grade that killed my GPA at the last minute, which subsequently lost me about $20,000 in an academic scholarship by .1 GPA points.

Best thing is the community, because out of all of what Morehouse has to offer it's the only thing that people pretend to enjoy the most. They're very hyped about the brotherhood of it all deapite the on-campus crimes and thefts.

Daniel

Morehouse College is an academically rigorous school that developes a young adult into a well-rounded man that aspires to impact the world.

When I had graduated from high school I asked friends that had gone to the same college I was going to what it was like. They said, "You can do what you want and your parents aren't there". After they told me that I made up in my mind that I was going to have fun; so I did. Now that my first semester is done with I have learned how to say no to partying all the time and chasing after girls. I learned that the true reason I came to college was to get an education and be able to take care of myself in this world. Females and parties will always be there. If I could go back the advice I would give myself as a high school senior would be to focus and cut down on the partying and females because they'll always be there. Graduating on time is way more important.

I wish that I had known how much I really had to study in order to be academically succesful. Transitioning from high school to college the amount of studying required to get an A is different from high school. I thought the way one studied for a high school test would be the same as studying for a college test. I was wrong.

Morehouse College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.