Atlanta, GA
Morehouse College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Morehouse College

Patrick

The best advice i could myself if i went back in time would be time management. It is the most important thing about college, you have to know when to study and when to play, when to do homework and when to go out with your friends. If your time management is poor, it can lead to failure in class because you will have an uneven balance of the two lives in college. You must be able to balance the school life and the social life, and you always want to have your school in front but u have to have a very social life in order to keep you balance in school and keep you from crazy. i would tell myself about the pitfalls that come with college and managing your time correctly because if it is played with it can hurt your college sucess in a major way.

The worst thing at morehouse is the cafeteria, the food isnt always the best and the workers arent always happy to serve the studets. The cafeteria is constantly running out of food, cups, milk, soda, and many more things that they supply the students with. the tables are soemtimes not clean and the students sometimes have to eat on a fiflthy table, the food isnt always healthy and have the times doesnt taste good.

The kind of person that isnt able to change or mature into an adult because that is what this school does. it teaches you how to be a man and take responsibilty for all your actions, they also give you a sense of pride going to historically black college university. A person who diesnt want to learn about their past because Morehouse College teaches its students about their past to help them in the future.

Chaka

Morehouse is the place where strong, responsible, focused, and career-oriented men are strengthened, equipped for success, and developed in preparation for their roles as sons, brothers, community supporters, uncles, successful career-oriented individuals and/or business men, husbands, fathers, and grandfathers.

It is very important to have an idea of what your strengths are and where you want to be in life as an adult. As a high school senior, you may not have a concrete idea of where you want to be in the future but take the time to find out what your strengths are - what you enjoy doing that can earn you the money and recognition that you would like to get based on the things you would want to accomplish in life. With this knowledge of your strengths, do the research on which college or university offers the courses that can help achieve your career goals and then apply to them. Keep your grades high in school so that you can then get into the college of your choice. Be sure to always respect your parents or those that raised you because you are always their pride and joy. Always let them know how much you love and respect them by doing what they have asked of you and exceeding their expectations. Always keep these pieces of advice in front of you and you will never fail in life. Finally, take time to learn from your experiences.

The support that I received from upper classmen, my fraternity brothers, and the academic quality and attitude of success that exists in this school. My experience here has really helped me grow as a responsible and focused man. The opportunities to give back to the community by volunteering through my fraternity have also helped me stay in tune with the needs of the community and especially the kids that I have come across.

Twyla

Make a decision about your major and stick with it. Constantly changing majors slows you down far more than majoring in "the wrong field." Any undergraduate degree will help your future, and as long as you do not choose an area that you find uninteresting, it will be well-worth your time. Also, I know that you have a strong idea about what the next 50 years will probably bring, but life is always confusing and full of the unexpected obstacles. Make the best decisions you can for today and let the future you make the best choices she can in that future time Not only do you need to be willing to learn every day, but please search for something to learn each morning. Just because it is easy to study now, do not assume that knowledge will always come easily. Put in the effort to remember the material beyond the tests. It will help you in future situations and courses as well. Friends come and go, but you are always with your thoughts and God.

LeDarius

My school is known best for creating and cultivating renaissance men of today's society.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take more challenging classes. I would have also told myself to spend more time studying rather than socializing with friends. Another point I would have mentioned is to apply for scholarships and financial aid early and take the ACT or SAT more times than I did. I would have also told myself to do get in the habit of doing community service projects and mentoring.

Kyle

Undoubtedly, the skinny, 17 year old Kyle Jacob would be ecstatic to see a slightly taller Kyle Jacob who looks much older due to the stress of his first semester at Morehouse College. He would be excited that in nine months, his tufts of chin hair would evolve into a full beard that needed constant shaving. Im almost certain he would have many questions I couldnt answer, 18 year old Kyle has many priorities at Morehouse and little time to waste. "Listen closely", I would tell him, although I wouldnt need to, even the Kyle of today listens intently to a man trying to educate. "Focus" I would say. In highschool, many things deterred my focus as a student. With my 20/20 view on the past, I would break down our vices; girls, television and facebook. He would learn that by reducing the time spent on these things, it would clear up his schedule for more productive purposes, like scholarships. I would let him know that know that Morehouse is struggling financially and even if he did well, there was no guarantee that the school would be able to aid him financially. "Do scholarships for an hour a day".

I brag about the brotherhood at my school the most. The family atmosphere here is second to none, and is a principle promoted since the days of our New School Orientation. Upperclassmen go out of their way to support an upcoming freshman, however their efforts usually are not enough. Every student here has the potential to be great because they learn off of their predecessors mistakes, however, it is possible for many students here to become distracted with issues of lesser importance.

The most frustrating thing about Morehouse College has to be its financial assistance department. Although Morehouse College was voted the best college for black men, it has a hard time supporting its students, many who come from middle class families that need help paying for their son's education. Many 4.0 students have had to leave due to the strain their tuition and room & board has put upon them. It is frustrating how such potential can easily be extinguished at such a fine institution.

Endra

First off, begin narrowing down your college choices. Consider important things like if they have your major, number of students who get a job six months after graduating, teacher to student ratio, internship opportunuties, scholarships given,etc. As you will see, all these things matter to help benefit you in the long run. Not if its a party school or if your friends and girlfriends are going there. Secondly, start doing more with your self so you will be adapted by the time college comes around. Do community service, start your own programs, get a job and save up for college, or get into some school clubs and organizations. These things will help you learn about time management in college which is a big plus if you know a thing or two about. They also will look good on your application when applying for college. Colleges do not just look at your grades, but they also see if you were involved and doing positive activities in your free time. Lastly, take a little time out of each and every day to fill out scholarships online. There are so many scholarships out there for all students not to do this.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of scholarships available. There are a lot of students who have a 3.5 G.P.A or better like myself at the end of this semester who get no scholarships from the school at all. This is a private school so it is not cheap at all. I think if you are making the grades and applying your self in programs and such then you deserve some help financially.

Kevin

Morehouse College is a small private college with tremendous opportunities and support systems for young men striving for achievement.

Morehouse has a legacy of producing America's great African American leaders.

Kevin, do you remember the many conversations we had in 2007 about going to college? The transition from high school to college is not easy, and although you are a star athlete, and a good student, college is going to be a lot more demanding of your time. I suggest you learn the principles of time management, improve your study habits, and most important, improve your writing skills. You have great social skills, but all play and a little bit of work will not get you through that first year at Morehouse. Get your resume done, take a couple of challenging classes this year, and get involved in community service. The good times and the girls will come if you take care of your business first. Talk to Terrence, he just finished his first year at "The House." It is all about taking the initiative , treating your school like a business, and developing a relationship and rapport with your teachers. Most important, STUDY.....READ.....STUDY....and STUDY! Kevin, you have all the potential in the world. It is time to untap that potential and convert it to the greatest success story ever. Kevin A. Jones...Deans list, Morehouse College! Yeah!

Adrian

Morehouse College is known for its rich history in producing leaders, known as Morehouse Renaissance Men. These students are different from the average college student, because they take an active role in their community while upholding the standards of academic excellence. These Renaissance Men shatter and denounce the statistics of their race, achieving heights that inspire other African Americans to not only follow in their footsteps but surpass them and achieve even greater heights. The perfect example of this Renaissance man is Martin Luther King Jr., class of 1948, one of the most distinguished civil rights leaders of the world.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself, I would encourage myself to have worked harder in all classes to boost GPA and apply for more scholarships, and be a more proactive person in the transition from high school to college; this would include, following through with financial aid and being aware of financial obligations, as well as understanding class transfer credits. Knowing the limitations placed on time and constraints of scheduling, I would inform myself that there is a lot of class time that I could have skipped and explain to myself the advantages of starting ahead of most incoming students. I also became involved with Japanese foreign language this fall semester and if I had the chance to go back and talk to myself I would encourage taking another Japanese course, and studying during the summer so that I could have started the class on a higher level. Overall my advice would help me get ahead of the ?game? and make the transition from high school to college much easier. But I say this knowing that all I have gone through has been a learning experience and I appreciate all of my experiences.

Before attending Morehouse College I wish that I would have understood the seriousness of financial aid in college. While in high school financial aid did not seem as urgent and important, since school was paid for; but now I see that there are several places in which someone can acquire financial aid, it just requires determination and a will to search and work. With that said, I also wish I knew about the amount of personal effort needed to succeed in college, because it is not enough to attend and pass classes, you must also understand financial obligations.

Timothy

Timothy continue what you are doing right, because you are headed to one of the finest school's in the country. You will be walking and eating on the same campus Martin Luther King did. The school will prepare you to be a renaissance man.

The worst thing about my school is the tution and boarding cost, very expensive, but its worth every penny.

Their is nothing frustrating about my school. It's a fine prestigous school.

Morehouse College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.