Atlanta, GA
Morehouse College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Morehouse College

Adrian

Morehouse College is known for its rich history in producing leaders, known as Morehouse Renaissance Men. These students are different from the average college student, because they take an active role in their community while upholding the standards of academic excellence. These Renaissance Men shatter and denounce the statistics of their race, achieving heights that inspire other African Americans to not only follow in their footsteps but surpass them and achieve even greater heights. The perfect example of this Renaissance man is Martin Luther King Jr., class of 1948, one of the most distinguished civil rights leaders of the world.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself, I would encourage myself to have worked harder in all classes to boost GPA and apply for more scholarships, and be a more proactive person in the transition from high school to college; this would include, following through with financial aid and being aware of financial obligations, as well as understanding class transfer credits. Knowing the limitations placed on time and constraints of scheduling, I would inform myself that there is a lot of class time that I could have skipped and explain to myself the advantages of starting ahead of most incoming students. I also became involved with Japanese foreign language this fall semester and if I had the chance to go back and talk to myself I would encourage taking another Japanese course, and studying during the summer so that I could have started the class on a higher level. Overall my advice would help me get ahead of the ?game? and make the transition from high school to college much easier. But I say this knowing that all I have gone through has been a learning experience and I appreciate all of my experiences.

Before attending Morehouse College I wish that I would have understood the seriousness of financial aid in college. While in high school financial aid did not seem as urgent and important, since school was paid for; but now I see that there are several places in which someone can acquire financial aid, it just requires determination and a will to search and work. With that said, I also wish I knew about the amount of personal effort needed to succeed in college, because it is not enough to attend and pass classes, you must also understand financial obligations.

Timothy

Timothy continue what you are doing right, because you are headed to one of the finest school's in the country. You will be walking and eating on the same campus Martin Luther King did. The school will prepare you to be a renaissance man.

The worst thing about my school is the tution and boarding cost, very expensive, but its worth every penny.

Their is nothing frustrating about my school. It's a fine prestigous school.

Tre'vell

Morehouse College is an illustrious institution focused on developing renasissance men with a social conscience who will one day redefine the world. My school provides opportunities like no other for males of color to develop a brotherly bond in which each member exemplifies the 5 Wells created by our current president Dr. Robert Michael Franklin: Well Read, Well Traveled, Well Spoken, Well Dressed, and, most importantly, Well Balanced. By fulfilling these Wells, a Morehouse Man acknowledges that our community holds a crown above our head so high that we must reach and grow in order for us to wear it.

My classmates are like no other. The men I am proud to attend this institution with are the most diverse males on this Earth. Hailing from almost all 50 states as well as nations like the Bahamas and Haiti, we possess varying backgrounds that have established in us certain morals and values. This withstanding, I have yet to meet anyone who does not respect the opinions of others. This will be the one place where you see men of color intellectually speaking and realizing this is our start to being the movers and shakers of our time.

DON'T SLACK OFF! Yes, I know it's senior year and your ready to graduate, but it's not over until it's over. People always say that college's look at your junior year primarily to determine whether you're in or out. While this may be true, they look at your senior year to decide if you get any institutional scholarships. Listen to me, if you slack off, you will be using your freshman year in college taking out numerous loans and frantically searching for scholarships to do. But if you set yourself up now in a way in which the college of your choice cannot refuse you and MUST give you money, you are set.

Curtis

My school helps mold boys into men with a distinction, who will change the world, one step at a time.

If I were to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I believe I would congratulate myself and teachers for preparing me to succeed in college. As I know go through my second semester of College I believe that I made a very smooth transition. In high school the main attributes I acquired that prove successful in college is good work ethic, time management, perseverance, independence, and most importantly the ability to have fun. Without fun the rest of those things will not work efficiently. Without fun comes stress, lack of time management, and other factors that are not beneficial to the college experience. So if I had to go back I would tell myself above all, to keep doing what you are doing. And also I would say "never forget how to have fun, because when you do, you will forget how to succeed."

A person who is willing to change the world by allowing themselves to be a vessel in which the change can be flowed through. We plan to change the world by being: well-balanced, well- traveled, well-read, well-dressed, and well-spoken.

Quentin

Morehouse College is a small, very prestigious, private school with the mindset that takes pride in old tradition, which is helpful, yet harmful when efforts made to progress in a world of change occur.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself to attend the school I always wanted to attend ? Howard University. By attending Howard University, my parents would have not struggled financially, and neither would have I. If ever there were a time when I had no roof over my head, such as now, I would have been close to home and able to use my resources to my advantage. I would have advised myself to save money from previous job experiences to cover the costs of textbooks and other needed materials not included in tuition costs. Most importantly, I would have advised myself to fill out more scholarship applications with conviction, having faith that my current financial situation would not be harming my pursuit of further education. By advising myself to take scholarship applications more seriously, my chance of receiving financial awards would increase early in my college experience. Advising more initiative in filling out scholarship applications serve as building the foundation of a strong financial structure in college.

A growing man desiring to expand his every horizon in the real world in order to be successful is a person who should attend Morehouse College. Those men with disciplined minds and willing lead a life of leadership and service are the men who should attend Morehouse College.

Jarred

I would definitely make geographical location and surroundings, campus size, and population important factors to consider. Though we sometimes choose colleges based on financial assistance, the 4 or 5 college years are an important transitional stage in our lives, and we should be as comfortable in our enviornment as possible. For many of us, it is our first experience away from home without parental supervision or advicce an earshot away. Socially, I have always been comfortable with who I am and the choices I make morally, so I would say to stay true to that person. Consciously work on personal growth. Have fun, but do not succumb to peer pressure just because you are "on your own". Remember to set short term goals so you can see steady growth academically, socially and in personal maturation over these college years. I definitely recommend getting help from teachers, tutors or study groups as soon as you find yourself struggling in a class. You may want to take on the challenge yourself, thinking "I got this", but it will only hurt you in the long run. Use everything your campus has to offer. Embrace this once in a lifetime experience!

I consider that fact that Morehouse College is a HBCU, to be the best because it allows us to have healthy, everyday competition with our peers in all aspects of life. Though all black, we come from diverse groups of academic, economic, national and cultural backgrounds, which provides a range of "competitors". Students bring a balance, from bookworms, to those that are in books 24/7, to the the middle of the road students, all who bring academic interpretations and opinions . Class sizes benefit socially by exposing different student body groups, which allows us to appreciate students with various struggles.

Actually, I don't find anything frustration about Morehouse College. Perhaps, since it is an all male student population, I could say the lack of exposure to females, but fortunately the location is in a triangle, with Spellman College (all female), and Clark Atlanta University as neighbors.

Kristofer

If I were to travel back in time, I would tell myself to search for scholarships, network, and continue to do well in school. Because of my economic background and the high expenses of college, I am not eligible for federal aid. I would tell myself to talk to the right people in order to receive more funding.

My school is not located in the safest neighborhood. Every month students at Morehouse hear about a robbery on campus. I would like to see some significant improvements in the Morehouse College Security Department.

I tell my friends that people from corporate America come my school to reccruit; this is a great place to network.

Fuquan

My school is best known for the liberal arts. Morehouse College is also known to produce the top black men of the world, such as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr..

If I could go back in time, I would advise myself to buckle down on all the school work and find out what I really want to do in life. I would advise myself to stay away from the wrong people because without knowing my "friends" can break me down the most. Stay clear minded and really think things through instead of jumping the gun everytime. Apply for an extensive amount of scholarships because college isn't easy. Last and not least I would advise me to plan everything through instead of freelancing or going with the flow.

The most Frustrating thing about Morehouse College is the financial need. Most of the students that attend my institution dont come from wealthy families, but from the ghettos and wreckless neighborhoods only trying to better themselves. The cost of full year tuition at Morehouse College is $40,000 and yes that is the most frustrating thing about my fine institution.

Ritchie

Being given the chance to sit down with me and reflect on the do's and dont's of my life would be something well needed. I remember in my senior year in high school "Be early boy!" Listen to them, they didn't say it for nothing. In college time is money. If i had a nickel for every time i spent doing nothing when i could of been doing something productive, i wouldn't need to apply for this scholarship. Me and myself would sit, and I'd catch myself looking at a good looking girl and I'd pause me and tell myself, "trust me there's plenty in college;" i wouldn't be lying. Chase dreams before you chase women, because as old timer as it might sound, the work you put in now, won't show totally until it's all said and done. "Become your professor's best friend," granted there are professors who wake up on the wrong side of the bed every morning, but truth is, if you put forth effort in class, Dr. whoever won't hesitate to write a recommendation for that internship that you will apply for junior year.

Thinking about what my institution offers, on becoming a man in our modern world, a black man in our modern world, my school sets the roadmap for students enrolled here. The African culture is the theme of my school, and that goes into the purpose, and it becomes the school's reputation. Morehouse College teaches young black men the tools to become leaders in their community and world; the essentials of brotherhood, community service, and education of yourself and your past, while at the same time preparing us for the real world and it's challenges.

Any man, regardless of ethnicity, who wants to go to college not for him but for everyone around him, who wants to support and make a difference for those who don't have that same opportunity that he does, being able to pick where you want to go to College is a man who should attend Morehouse. Morehouse College is like a big frat, so it comes with that alias the reputation of giving young men the opportunity to become brothers; anyone who wants to make a change for his surroundings while still having support should attend Morehouse College.

Morehouse College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.