Atlanta, GA
Morehouse College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Morehouse College

Kristofer

If I were to travel back in time, I would tell myself to search for scholarships, network, and continue to do well in school. Because of my economic background and the high expenses of college, I am not eligible for federal aid. I would tell myself to talk to the right people in order to receive more funding.

My school is not located in the safest neighborhood. Every month students at Morehouse hear about a robbery on campus. I would like to see some significant improvements in the Morehouse College Security Department.

I tell my friends that people from corporate America come my school to reccruit; this is a great place to network.

Fuquan

My school is best known for the liberal arts. Morehouse College is also known to produce the top black men of the world, such as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr..

If I could go back in time, I would advise myself to buckle down on all the school work and find out what I really want to do in life. I would advise myself to stay away from the wrong people because without knowing my "friends" can break me down the most. Stay clear minded and really think things through instead of jumping the gun everytime. Apply for an extensive amount of scholarships because college isn't easy. Last and not least I would advise me to plan everything through instead of freelancing or going with the flow.

The most Frustrating thing about Morehouse College is the financial need. Most of the students that attend my institution dont come from wealthy families, but from the ghettos and wreckless neighborhoods only trying to better themselves. The cost of full year tuition at Morehouse College is $40,000 and yes that is the most frustrating thing about my fine institution.

Ritchie

Being given the chance to sit down with me and reflect on the do's and dont's of my life would be something well needed. I remember in my senior year in high school "Be early boy!" Listen to them, they didn't say it for nothing. In college time is money. If i had a nickel for every time i spent doing nothing when i could of been doing something productive, i wouldn't need to apply for this scholarship. Me and myself would sit, and I'd catch myself looking at a good looking girl and I'd pause me and tell myself, "trust me there's plenty in college;" i wouldn't be lying. Chase dreams before you chase women, because as old timer as it might sound, the work you put in now, won't show totally until it's all said and done. "Become your professor's best friend," granted there are professors who wake up on the wrong side of the bed every morning, but truth is, if you put forth effort in class, Dr. whoever won't hesitate to write a recommendation for that internship that you will apply for junior year.

Thinking about what my institution offers, on becoming a man in our modern world, a black man in our modern world, my school sets the roadmap for students enrolled here. The African culture is the theme of my school, and that goes into the purpose, and it becomes the school's reputation. Morehouse College teaches young black men the tools to become leaders in their community and world; the essentials of brotherhood, community service, and education of yourself and your past, while at the same time preparing us for the real world and it's challenges.

Any man, regardless of ethnicity, who wants to go to college not for him but for everyone around him, who wants to support and make a difference for those who don't have that same opportunity that he does, being able to pick where you want to go to College is a man who should attend Morehouse. Morehouse College is like a big frat, so it comes with that alias the reputation of giving young men the opportunity to become brothers; anyone who wants to make a change for his surroundings while still having support should attend Morehouse College.

Anier

My classmates are motivated, intelligent, fashionable, but sometimes ignorant.

My classmates are motivated, intelligent, fashionable, but sometimes ignorant.

I would stress the importance of planning and time management. It is very easy to lose focus here on campus as there is always something going on that may be of interest. I would also challenge myself to learn and understand the way in which college credits and courses operate so that I may effectively plan my schedules in a manner that is conducive to timely graduation. I would stress the importance of picking the right friends. Friends have an influence on you maybe just slightly, however if one surrounds themself with people that are motivated, intelligent, and positive these quealities will surely rub off making them a better perosn. I would also stress the ideas of self reliance and self motivation. College is where young men and women come to learn to be professionals but also adults. Your parents are not at college with you therefore your are soley responsible for yourself and your academic success. This requires strong determination and control, virtues that one must place into their character, not someone else.

I wish I known more about the campus and the social scene here at Morehouse College as well as more about the city of Atlanta.

Jarvis

Being able to talk to myself and affect the decision I made would make a big difference. I would inform myself that when attending a certain college you should want to have freedom. Not be locked down by the school and how they control certain aspects of your college life. Scholarships can also have this type of control over you. You shouldn't go into college assuming it's going to be like high school. You should go in working hard and giving it all that you have.

The History and pride that comes with attending.

A person who likes to have company whenever they want, and likes classes full of the opposite sex. A person should not attend this school if they have a dislike towards extreme pro-black classes.

Clement

Some of the brightest young minds the country has to offer coming from a variety of places and backgrounds, yet all are united by a constant striving for excellence.

Morehouse College is most known for producing some of the most profound African American male minds of the 20th century. Men such as filmmaker Spike Lee, actor Samuel L. Jackson, Dr. Howard Thurman and the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. all attended this prestigious university. Morehouse College pushes its students to strive for excellence; eventually students feel as if they should work for nothing less than that. Morehouse College is also known for producing men that are sensitive to diversity and are globally aware of issues this is why community service is such a vital part of this institution.

I would personally advise myself to take advantage of the time that I had in high school. I would have used that time to develop adequate study habits as well as to take advantage of more AP classes to lighten my class load during my first semester. I also would adjust my attitude and work harder. Good grades came with little effort so the proper procedure for achieving saw little practice. Since this was the case I should have put forth a better effort and not have just settled for a 3.7 GPA, instead I should have held a 4.0. This attitude of settling simply for a passing grade will cause difficulties once the college level is reached. If I had possessed the proper attitude then there would have been a smoother transition into the college workload. I also would have followed up on the scholarships that I filled out. I now realize that it is not enough to simply fill out the paperwork and write a riveting essay, but you have to be persistent and check on the status of your application. Had I practiced this much of my hard work would have not gone to waste.

Samuel

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior with the wisdom that I have obtained from personal experiences in College I would advise myself about the importance of proper time management. This key component is vital and important to a student's success. Thorugh my observation I have discovered that the major difference between an "A+" and a "B" student is not due to a lack of intelligence, but rather to improperly managing your time. Study time is more important than having a fun moment and should always be the students top priority. Making the transition from highschool to college can be exciting and difficult at first. This process can be exciting because you now possess a sense of a new found freedom that encourages you to explore the world and all it has to offer. Furthermore, such a transition can be difficult because now you are responsible and in control of your own destiny. No other individual can be held accountable for any failures or victories that you may encounter.

Any Individual that is not motivated, enthusiastic, and passionate about becoming successful in life and giving back to their community should not attend this school. Also individuals who are lackadaisical and not competitive should not attend this College.

When telling my friends about my school I brag mostly about the fact that Morehouse College truly teaches every student how to make the transition from boyhood into manhood. In addition, I brag about the international recognition that the college receives from great leaders and influencial people all around the world.

Antoine

Please choose one major you are passionate about, don't get to college and change your major a million times because you will spend the rest of your life in college. Make sure you get involved as much as you can in extra-curricular activities because those are the things that will build you as a diverse peron and a diverse student, those activities also put you in place to recieve numerous scholarships you can apply to your tuition. Break out of your shell, Mommy and daddy can't protect you anymore so experience the world, and broaden your scopes because the world is much bigger than your backyard. Chooe what is most important to you in a school, don't let others around you choose , pick the school that fits YOU best because you will be spending a lot of time there. Never allow the choices your friends are making as far as school influence you to attend the same school, because that school may not be what's best for you. Be prepared for the unexpected because campus life is a whole new world and dont allow yourself to become a small fish in a large pond.

First of all someone who is not timid and shy, that is unless you don't want to change from that. Someone who has definite goals and knows what they want out of life. Someone who wants to be surrounded in culture and history. Someone who is not afraid to stand against the things in society you believe needs to be changed. An African American male whose goal is to uplift his population and see greater things than what is usully expected of him.

That there is a true sense of brotherhood among sudents at our school. When coming to our school you learn things you would never learn anywhere else about your culture, where we came from, and where we are going. There truly is a Morehouse mystique that you will quickly find yourself immersed in. You will be surrounded by some of the top scholars when you are in classes, and most of your teachers will have played some part in history. To know you walked on the same ground where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. walked and learned is amazing.

Baracus

Egocentric and Pretentious individuals.

Egocentric and Pretentious individuals.

I would look in the mirror and ask myself is college something you want to do or is it a manuever to folloiw your friends dreams as usual? Think about the consequences of going to a bigger city and engaging in risky behavior with strange men. Are you even sure about what you want to ultimately do? Or do you know what it is that you want to do? You know that you grew up in poverty think to yourself if you get in a bind would your family be able to help you? Also think about what would you do here in this small town. Baracus just explore all of your opitins and get to know you before you can discover you.

There are several things that I regret to inform you about my School. The customerservice is horrible, there seems to be no concerns or accomidations made for students who find themselves homeless during there tenure at the institution. The sole purpose of the school is to promote brotherhoood and serve as a and that ideal is obsolete.

Jomahl

To my high school self, here are some words of advice. First, know what you are going to major in. It is obvious, but the sooner you realize this, the more motivation you will have. Next, procrastination is a disease, vaccinate yourself immediately. A lot of stress can be avoided if you get the work done ahead of time. Cramming is not efficient. Instead, you will be wishing you had studied sooner when you realize you could have aced a test with a few more days preparation. Learn how to prioritize, it makes organizing a lot easier when assignments and activities begin to pile up. Skip the club that night if you have a deadline approaching, trust me there will be plenty more opportunities. Be social, you can make new friends and network to make future connections, but stay true to your values. When you choose friends, choose ones that you can trust and support each others ideas. Also, avoid debt at all costs, its no fun owing money before you start you career. Most importantly, enjoy the experience. There were will be trying days, but remember you are there to make a life yourself and your family.

The best thing about my school is the history. There have been many students who have graduated and have become exceptional people. The school builds on certain values and relays them to all of the students. We all get a sense of place and belonging. We also get a sense of responsibililty. We are responsible for ourselves and our community.

Morehouse College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.