Morehouse College Top Questions

Corey

My professors know me by name. Even professors I have not had yet know me if they teach in my major department. The entire major departments create a small family within academic affairs. My favorite class so far has been philosophical ethics. Morehouse does a decent job of taking academics and applying them to your life. Classes are small and most students come to class and participate (the classes are too small to be missing or sleep). The classes are very competitive, but are worth your time, which is important.

Jonathan

The students here are fairly competitive. There are definitely stand outs who seek the A+'s. Many people underestimate the academics here at first and think that the work is easy until they reach the second semester and see that Morehouse gives more work than they expected. I have a pretty good relationship with all of my professors and they all want students to succeed. They do not get pleasure from seeing a student fail. One of my favorite things here is the broad scope of conversations that go on outside of the classroom. Students here are smart and you have to dig deep because not everyone out here is trying to be popular and gloating about what they are doing.

Mel

yes while at MC i knew my professors name my favorite class the ones I took at Spelman in the Dance/Theater dept. I dont know how often the students studied at MC but the class participation is only common for the ones that were active in the school, outside of class no they dont have intellectual conversations, No, the students at Morehouse are no competitive my major was Music Education/Dance i enjoyed the theater/Dance dept at Spelman MC academic requirments were a little over the edge to me, To me the edeucation at MC is geared more toward learning for its own sake.

Quinn

Un-fucking-believable! When you come in to morehouse you'll think every class is cake. THe 3.8 comes natrually...but as time goes on, the course become unrealistic and especially the 2-and 3- level courses. They say it takes a semester to acclimate, but honestly it takes about a year. The first year you breeze, but then the classes challenge you even more. At Morehouse, you WILL be taught to think for yourself. Period. And each teacher has a unique way of presenting that.

Carl

Its sort of like tought love. Every teacher cares about you and pushes you to the limits because they care. I have the numbers and emails of all of my professors and know each one of them to some degree or another. Students here are highly competitive but it pushes all of us to be great. Mays told us to be so good that no man living, dead, or ever to be bron can do it better. That is the foundation of our academics and our response to it will determine how high the elavators of our skyscrapers will go.

Tristan

Most students are very enthusiastic about the professors they have. In fact the professors give Morehouse something really special. I will say it is not the best place to go to if you want to major in the fine arts, as we have no fine arts programs here. One negative is the fact the library is lacking in Literature from about the 1960's to the present, but does keep a good section on religion and has excellent access to online acedemic publications.

Tristan

don't get me started here

Ryan

YES; PHILOSOPHY AND ETHICS; EVERYDAY; CLASS PARTICIPATION IS REQUIRED; INTELLECUTAL CONVERSATIONS EVERYWHERE; MOST UNIQUE CLASS CHURCH MUSIC; BUSINESS DEPARTMENT WE ARE KNOWN FOR SENDING STUDENTS TO THE BIG 4 AND WALL STREET; YES WE SPEND TIME WITH PROFESSORS OUTSIDE OF CLASS; GEARED TOWARDS BOTH.

Devin

Yes, many professors know you by name... Favorite class was Management Information System (MIS)..because it was a real life business simulation class...learned very useful information. least favorite class: Business Statistics..(self expalnatory) Class participation is very common. The most intellectual conversations that I have ever had happened outside the class...just sitting around doing nothing.... Morehouse College is a very competitive atmosphere... Most unique...I am a business major we don't really take unique courses... I don't spend time with professors outside of class.... Academic Requirements are very challenging but they aren't unrealistic... Education at Morehouse College is geared toward getting a job...