Morehouse College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Morehouse College

Ethan

Morehouse College is an excellent school perfect for young men. Morehouse's mission is to teach young men to lead the world and reach their truest potentials. It also provides young black men with an HBCU experience and role models who can help them understand what it truly means to be a black man.

Brandon

Wake that brother up! Morehouse is an experience, plain and simple. Mother Morehouse brigns in young boys and transforms them into men. From the very first week of school during NSO week, you are introuced to the culture, the leadership, and the character that Morehouse builds in their students. The educational experience focuses on a multi-cultural approach to different disciplines in academia. There are certain measures whereby other institutions of higher education are judged. Other institutions may provide better resources. Morehouse teaches you how to be more resourceful. Other institutions have greater student body populations. Morehouse provides a connected brotherhood of men. It is an all-male HBCU, with the traditions and history that provide a blueprint for developing imen filled with courage, character, and compassion. It opens a young man's consciousness, creates space for their questions and dreams, and provides the opportunity to explore themselves completely. Morehouse is an institution that when survived, brings forth a Morehouse Man ready to bring change to the world.

Myles

It's definitely a great school, perfect for those who are looking to immerse themselves in history. This school is all about the students, and will do everything in their power to help you succeed. The classes aren't too challenging, but their enough to get your brain moving. If you're looking for academic excellence, then you've found your school.

Nnanna

The school is amazing! The opportunity presented to me as a black computer scientist is unbelievable! I could not believe I would be in class taught by a Google Software Engineer!

Toritsemose

I love Morehouse College. Since the day I started my application, I've been giddy with anticipation. Since I got my admission, I've been jumping through the roof with excitement. Morehouse is a place of culture, learning, and history. As a student at Morehouse, you have no choice but to be positive about your future, knowing that it will entail progress and change for the betterment of all people.

senai

It's not a bad place. The brotherhood, agency, consequential structure is real, but it only accessible if you allow yourself to be greeted by all the diverse backgrounds offered. All students are groomed to walk out into the world with a critical sense of professional behavior and awareness of the reality of being an African-American man in society.

michael

Morehouse College is a HBCU that all men should consider. Though it is not in the best area nor does it have the best facilities, Morehouse's social and academic lifestyle found on campus create an environment that I consider to be "win-win." It is a school that consistently has different social events and guest appearances while also being located in the middle of a thriving city, Atlanta. The social lifestyle plays a large role in the schools overall atmosphere, but it also strongly values academics and morals. Each student is constantly held to the highest standard in and out of the class. The classroom rigor and student integrity is what contributes to the strong trust between numerous companies and the school. Due to the small classroom settings, the school is able to invest in each student and it ensures that if you graduate, you will be a Morehouse Man. Morehouse is a school that has an extremely fun social setting, but it also offers many opportunities in every field . Why wouldn't someone attend a school that not only offers the best social gatherings, but also guarantees success upon completion of the undergraduate program?

Corde

Morehouse College is a pretty good school. Having the title of a Morehouse man can also help one in many ways. The classes are great and the extracurricular activities are also fun. The food is just a little above average. However, as there are good things about the school, there can be some bad things too. The way they run the school can improve. Many students struggle on things like financial aid and they barely get any assistance. Also, I feel like too many things are forced on us; as if they are trying to change who we are. I understand that they are trying to help us be successful, and it might help others; but there are just some things that doesn't fit who I am. Overall, even though Morehouse is a good school, it does not feel like home to me. I'm from California and I get home sick really easily. I'm only staying for two reasons, for the schools title and what it can do for me, and to finish what I started. This college might be perfect for others, but not for me.

Lorenzo

Morehouse is a great college. The faculty and staff are very supportive and the counseling center helps students who are adjusting to being away from home for the first time. This school encourages excellence at every level

Jamal

Morehouse College is a great place for young men who are looking to foster their education in a highly intellectual environment. If you're looking for the traditional college campus lifestyle as seen on television, then you may want to visit the campus prior to attending. Outside of that Morehouse is a great institution, with many opportunities.

Wendell

I feel that Morehouse is the number one place in America for young black men to go and cultivate their minds and truly learn everything necessary while also being in a safe space. I would not feel more at home on the campus of any institution in the world at all.

Keves

Morehouse is a great school. I just believe that there are old methods being used in a new world. If people want us to succeed like they proclaim they would make it seem that way.

Mykal

Morehouse College is a construction site where boys are molded into men. Morehouse is where young boys are developed into men with disciplined minds, leading lives of leadership and service. The House is the perfect place for those looking to find out what their purpose is, and why their role in society matters. I love Morehouse College and I would recommend that any and everyone attend this prestigious and historical center of learning and development.

DOnre

Beautiful school.

Darius

Morehouse College has a rich and effective legacy that goes beyond the institution itself. It is a historical heaven, and it will remind you of where you're going (especially African-American men). All institutions have things that could be improved on, but overall if you want to be among great intellectuals and a part of well-known and powerful alumni, then this is the institution you want to attend. The Dr. Martin Luther King, Howard Thurman, Spike Lee, Samuel Jackson and many more alumni are a part of the long list of well-known African-American men who have graduated from this great institution.

Kumari

Great school great brotherly love felt all over campus. Always wanted to attend, it is know for graduating great intecual black men. The history is instilled in the freshman and seniors don’t forget it. My father attend and graduated and I always wanted to be like him so going to the same college is a dream come true.

Jaylon

Morehouse College is a very dynamic college with an extreme atmosphere of success. If you plan on going to college to excel and become the best man that you can be, go to this college. Morehouse has the tradition of breeding men of excellence, and you will definitely be prepared for anything after you graduate from here.

larry

My overall opinion of Morehouse college is that this is a great and phenomenon college because it doesn't only instill the aspect of higher education but, it also teaches students the importance of being a young black man and how using certain life skills such as team-work, handwork and dedication can help you. Before going to this college, I use to run the streets and hang outside all day but with the huge support and love from Morehouse College helped me to become a smarter and wiser young man who passion is to give back to low-income areas around the world.

Jereal

I love Morehouse College!!! It is by far one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. I've wanted to be a student at Morehouse since the 1st grade, and I'm glad that I am. The brotherhood at the school is legit, and the professors truly care about the students, from both an academic and social standpoint.

Reginald

Morehouse college is definitely an amazing school. . It’s one of the top Historical Black College Universities in the country that, in my opinion, is bountiful in history of triumph comprising of men such as: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Spike Lee, Samuel L. Jackson, Walter E. Massey, and the list of prominent men goes on. So many great people have attended Morehouse and the connections available here are endless. The wonderful instructors, the aspiring to be successful students, and all the organizations that Morehouse offers, will make the college experience worthwhile.

Corey

Morehouse College is the only place of its kind. The wide range of diversity in: thought, actions, identity and ambitions is what fuels the campuses environment. There is never a shortage of brotherhood and an ever present aura of impact and gratitude that flows through the atmosphere. Whether in class or out, you will always find students engaging in debates from pop culture to politics. The amount of energy that is dedicated toward pushing students to become their best selves is facilitated by administration and staff alike. Professors dedicate overtime to making sure students feel loved and hopeful toward their success. The space is crawling with the worlds forward thinkers, liberators, freedom fighters, business leaders, educators and lovers of humanity. It is not a perfect place by far, but there is no other place that is fully dedicated to the development of Black men.

Stan

What does Morehouse stand for? The “M” stands for manhood. Morehouse is an institution in which men become boys. The “O” stands for opportunity. Morehouse provides an opportunity for students to become their best self through diverse academic instruction. The “E” stands for education. The education one will receive at Morehouse is exceptional. The “H” stands for home. During a student’s matriculation at Morehouse the institution starts to feel and eventually becomes a second home. It has an inviting atmosphere that is welcoming and nurturing which is why it is call “Da House” by students. The “O” stands for outstanding. Morehouse has produced many outstanding alumni such as Martin Luther King Jr., David Satcher, Spike Lee, Samuel Jackson, and Howard Thurman. The “U” stands for unique. Morehouse is the only all-male, predominately African-American institution in the world. The “S” stands for successful. Morehouse prepares students to be successful in their careers. The “E” stands for excellence. Morehouse provides an excellent collegiate experience that alumnus look back at with pride. Consequently, Morehouse College is a school that provided others and myself with the foundation to excel academically and professionally.

Stephen

Morehouse college is a phenomenal as well as an exceptional school, but it is very costly. The annual tuition is outrageous once you view the "historic" buildings. The most updated facility associated with the campus in my opinion would have to be the library.

Donald

I saw Morehouse college, a 99.8% African-American male attendance, a college that celebrates and focuses on the education and advancement of African American males. They have a hall full of paintings of famous and influencial people including Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., who happened to be a Morehouse grad. Obama got his Undergrad from Morehouse. As an African American male myself, it really gave me an understanding of my race's significance at a school like this. I'm definitely applying to Morehouse in the fall.

Nathaniel

At first, my impression of the school was wild and extra, compared to what I came from back home. As the year went on, the school would start to grow on me and I found a solid group of friends that pushed me and motivated me to be better. Overall, Morehouse accepts students as boys and polish them into young men ready to change the world.

Reginald

Morehouse College is an institution that lives up to its reputation. In an environment where "iron sharpens iron," one must really subscribe to the idea of having your brother's back. I can honestly say that Morehouse has truly become home for me. I have gained a wealth of knowledge beyond just my studies, and I have also gained brothers.

George junior

Morehouse is the best college for me to apply to because of the study cumminty and really nice school for me and i like everything morehouse have to offer for student who want get in involed in the community and it would be great experince to have while you spent your college experince

Meguewell

Morehouse is a college that is known for, not only its academics, but its culture. The way it educates its youth, changing boys into men. “It’s about growing from a man of Morehouse into a Morehouse man,” as a Jr from Morehouse would explain it to be. The school is also known for its high competition in extracurricular activities. The support that is received from the students who attend the school is highly respected and well appreciative. Without it, the school would be viewed as a non-caring school. When it comes to food, their cafeteria has great food. The food is delicious. Overall, Morehouse is the best college to attend because they have everything there I need. It is a school that I feel very comfortable in joining the culture. Their culture is known by all colleges throughout the country. The way people dress and treat others is the main factor in the school. A lot of our great leaders has attended the school and went through its rigorous courses. It’s a school known for its brotherhood.” Everybody respects each other and the girls at Spelman. They treat their women like queens and not like peasants. They stay on top of their education. The culture of that school is accepted by all other schools in the nation. The extracurricular life is placed at a high level. The competition can get gruesome, but to know that their eloquence at a high level is needed. Morehouse is also known for its high level of talent in sports and clubs. Kids that get done in their college activities goes to perform at a professional level. These kids apply their skills and talents in the community where they habilitate at. The best thing about Morehouse is their food. Their cafeteria serves students with the best kind of food. The taste of the food is very well appreciated. They even have mini restaurants in front of their school. During the different times of day, they serve a variety of food that are very delicious. Not only it’s good, but it’s fulfilling to the body. Morehouse has many reasons of why it’s the best school to attend. Academics, culture, sports, and food are all factors of why this school is the best to attend. It may not be top ranked in the US News Today, but the benefits that I receive will persuade me to attend Morehouse.

Brandon

I think Morehouse College is a great college for young African American brothers to bond the way one should with the way the society is set up in today's world.

Breon

This College is one like no other. I truly enjoy every moment that I get to walk the streets of Morehouse College. The brotherhood, the love, the atmosphere, and the education you get here truly makes you feel like you are home. The moment you walk onto the Morehouse College campus you are greeted and you feel a load lifted off your shoulders. Truly proud to e apart of the Morehouse College Family.

Kyobe

Although Morehouse College is the best institute in my opinion, they still have a lot to work on. The communication between each department and even communication between person-to-person has to be fixed. Their customer service needs a lot of work! Financial aid and Student Accounts offices need to have a better set of people running the offices, each office needs to take ownership of their wrong doings and work to fix them in a timely manor! The President of the college needs to listen to the problems of the students and find solutions for each problem, not explain to us how grateful we should be.

Addison

Morehouse is an extraordinary historical black institution aimed to educating and molding young African American males. The young men are polished and extremely impressionable when they become alumnus of Morehouse. I have always been impressed with this particular school, as far as the academics, community service, and the campus life environment.

NaShawn

I believe that Morehouse College is a great college made for young men to become more intelligent and be able to use their skills from their earlier years and put them to use in the real world. I love the campus, the people, and the way the students act at the school. In the end when you graduate you become a "Morehouse Man" a title that you will carry forever. As a visitor, and hopefully a future student I admire the people that are going through the process and who have already crossed the burning sands of becoming a "Morehouse Man".

Deon

Morehouse is a great college, I would like to see them expand the Majors at the University.

Amari

Morehouse College is truly an experience. With all that's going on in our current climate, I believe that black youth need a haven, Morehouse College is that place of refuge for me and thousands of other young, gifted and black people from across the country. For more than 150 years, Morehouse College has served as a candle in the dark for the black community and world-at-large. Today it serves as the only academic institution that is historically black and all male. This unique institution has molded the minds of men who have changed this world in ways both minor and major. Neighboring Clark Atlanta University and Spelman College, Morehouse College is a member of a community known as the "Atlanta University Center." This community of students and alumni is both vast and mighty. If you're looking for a community that will love, educate, and supports you every step of the way than the AUC is the place for you. If you're looking for a college experience and brotherhood like non-other, I encourage you to pursue an education at Morehouse College; A small liberal-arts college that sits at the highest point of elevation in Atlanta, Georgia. The pinnacle of higher education at the undergraduate level.

Quintaevious

It is my heart and desire to gain all the experience I can. There is team building among student and staff. Perseverance and communication via department is honoured. Giving up is not an option. Support is always available along with honesty. There are more chances given than repercussions.

Shaun

Morehouse is a phenomenal college filled with exceptional students and passionate and empathetic staff members. The administrators of the college are here to help with whatever it is you need and their are tons of resources available for mentor programs. The alumni is very strong and the commitment of both the students , staff and alumni all combine to create a very positive environment.

Jamie

Morehouse College is a good school for students who wish to make change around the world, and be surrounded by other like-minded individuals. Campus life is fun and very open to students. The housing and facilities could be a little better, but overall Morehouse College is a good school.

Darren

Morehouse College, as most people deem it be, one of the many HBCUs that is considered to be "The Black Ivys." When I first came to Morehouse in August of 2017, I was not very knowledgeable of HBCUs because it was not heavily discussed or encouraged in inner city high schools of New York City. In my lifetime, the only HBCU that I have actually heard of is Howard University. When I first visited Morehouse College, I was given a very in-depth history of the school, it's purpose, and what it meant for black men in America. Unlike other HBCUs, I feel that Morehouse College strives for the undoubted image of black excellence and is the space for black intellectuals. Despite what the media have portrayed Morehouse to be, I knew that when I came here from the Bronx, it was a gift from God and that it was indeed a chance for me to develop as a man. Most importantly, a black intellectual that is heavily rooted into my ancestral history and identity, while also developing myself as a student, diligent and articulated man who is ready for the real world. If there is anything that I can thank Morehouse for is that I am blessed with this opportunity of making something out of myself and ready to conquer any obstacles in my way. I want to pursue clinical psychology, specializing in mental disorders and helping my demographic, while also motivating the next generation.

malachai

I personally love the experience I've had for my fall semester while attending Morehouse College. I enjoyed the variety of events as well as NSO week, which was a very inviting experience to help me warm up to the college. I was nominated King Abby at Spelman and had the chance to really interact in the events of both campuses. The brotherhood created is what truly made my semester better than any other semester that another college could come to offer. The late night talks and the teamwork of knocking out difficult assignments together is what made us connect so well. Finally ending my year with being apart of the stroll team, and having an amazing time performing and showing my best skill in front of a crowd.