Morgan State University Top Questions

Describe a typical weekend.

Kwasi

A typical weekend here on campus is usually not entertaining unless you make it into something. There are no events running typically so you kind of have to create on your own because a lot of students return home.

Taelor

To be honest, weekends on campus are what you make them. If you have friends that don't mind standing in the winter cold at the bus stop to catch a free ride to the mall or elsewhere, then you have something to do. If you have friends that are creative with plans, then you have something to do. Most conveniently, if you have a friend with a car, you have something to do. If you don't have any of these, look forward to a weekend of TV and sleep. Which, of course is not bad either. Weekends are usually quiet; lots of the students live within an hour of the campus, so they return home to do laundry, or visit family. Whatever you choose, the weekend is always a good time to get somewhere quiet and catch up on studying.

Ifeoluwa

There's always a lot of excitement in the air as the weekend approaches! A typical weekend is spent hanging out with friends, shopping, relaxing and getting prepared for the next week. Morganites love parties; so just about every weekend there is a party off-campus.

Ifeoluwa

Ifeoluwa

Tatum

A typic weekend at Morgan is however you make it. There are definitely parties every weekend, butif that isn't what you want to do there are ways for you to get off campus and visit the mall and various Baltimore attractions.

Joanne

Typical weekend, let's see - I try to practice my swimming on Saturdays (i'm taking swimming and learning for the first time :). The pool is so nice and warm, perfect for cold days. I handle as much homework as possible before the evening because there's usually an event at night where I can practice my photography. Sundays typically have group meetings. Otherwise I hook up with friends to catch a movie, visit someplace new, watch a play downtown or in D.C, concerts, festivals, restaurants, museums. You get the picture, weekends can be as busy or as quiet as you want them to be.