Morgan State University Top Questions

Tell us about the food and dining options.

Angela

We have subway on campus, in the student center there is a Canteen where there are various options of food from deli to burritos, pizzas, fried chicken and fries as well as cooked food. The refact is the main dinning hall with a variety of stations including an omlet stand, burgers and fries, a fruit and salad bar and various vegetarian options as well. The food in the refact is good 95{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the times I've been there. I love the deli in the canteen

Sagirah

For students there are only two places to eat on campus, Rawlings Dining Hall and the Canteen. We also do have a subway on campus as well but it does not coordinate with your meal plan. When all the student dining services are closed many students order out; these places deliver until 3 am all week. Around school many students love chic-fil-a and chipotle. There is also other spots like TGI Fridays, Applebees, IHop. In the dining halls, Rawlings in buffet style, all you can eat until they close. The canteen is more finger and quick selections like a deli. The quality of the food varies. Some days are better than others. Overall it is okay.

Ayana

There is a buffet-style cafeteria which is available with your meal plan and 2 canteens, where Boardwalk Fries, Subway, and Auntie Anne's are located.

Ayana

There is a buffet-style cafeteria which is available with your meal plan and 2 canteens, where Boardwalk Fries, Saubway, and Auntie Anne's are located.

Stazi

I think Morgan should provide more healthier food choices for the students because they consistantly serve fried fatty foods such as fried chicken, french fries, and other fried foods on a daily basis. Some of student body is obesed and I think my university can do more by educating students to achieve life longevity, and maintaining healthier life styles.

Kwasi

The food can be a issue on certain days.

Taelor

When you buy a meal plan, you have access to two eateries: the University Food Court (nicknamed the Canteen), and the Howard K.Rawlings dining hall (nicknamed the Refac). The Canteen serves grab and go "fast food", such as fried chicken wings and french fries, chicken tenders and fries, burritos, Italian dishes, assorted desserts, cold cuts and sandwiches. The Refac, on the other hand, serves food buffet style. You never know what's being served except on Wednesdays: fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, greens, and cornbread. Every day they have pizza as a backup option, just in case you don't like what they're serving at the buffet. If you want to give up a few dollars, you have the option of the McDonald's across the street, or the Subway on campus.

Tatum

There are two different eating places on our campus. The Rawlings Dining Hall is the main cafeteria and it is buffet style. All you need is your student ID and you are able to eat as much as you like. It is also conveniently located in the main freshmen male dorm and next to the main female freshmen dorm. Every Wednesday they serve fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, and other soul food. That's my favorite day! There are three lines that serve full meals and the other lines sell things like pizza, salad, cereal, bagels, etc. There is also another eating area on campus located in the student center called the Canteen. This is the place where most students eat as they are on the go. This differs from the dining hall because you have a meal plan equivalency rate which means your meal plan doesn't cover any and everything.