Morgan State University Top Questions

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Angela

The sports scene is full of MORGAN PRIDE!! At games, especially basketball games, our Mascot ALWAYS out-dances every other mascot! I mean whoever is under that costume can dance! We also have The cheerleaders, the Band and the Morganettes dance team who perform during half-time. There is alot of Blue and Orange in the sports scene and a lot of trash talking to the opponents. We have lots of fun with everyone on the bleachers doing the ripple effect of waves ..The Sports Scene on campus is FUN and Laughter

Sagirah

Sporting events are popular among all the students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Especially for basketball and football. Many people attend these events which makes the games very fun. I would say that all the sports are popular in their own way. They all have good fan backing, even though the men's sports receive the most. The sports that we have at Morgan include Men and Women's Basketball Football Women's Bowling Softball Cheerleading Men and Women's Cross County and Track & Field Men and Women's Tennis Women's Volleyball Inter-mural sports include Men and Women's lacrosse, basketball, and soccer. Mostly during homecoming is when you see a lot of tailgating.

Sagirah

Ciara

most of the sporting events have a good crowd. even though many dont show up for the football games because of the weather, the basketball games are always packed!

Kwasi

The sports are not as popular on campus as they should be. Are teams are not sorry against the competition within are division.

Ifeoluwa

Morganites love sports specially football and basketball therefore if you are athletic and sports oriented Morgan State University is a very good choice for you. The cheerleaders are always present to support the bears and bring about a livelier atmosphere in every game. The magnificent marching band is also really very amazing as they use instruments such as trumpets, French horn, clarinet, flute amidst several others produce music to entertain the spectators during each game. If love football and you are very competitive, Morgan is indeed an outstanding HBCU to select.

Tatum

Just like any other HBCU, sports is a major thing on our campus. Our school is division 1 and our football team is division 1aa. Our basketball team won the MEAC championship 2 years in a row and was selected numerous times to play in the NCAA tournament. Our cheerleaders are MEAC champions as well. If you love sports then MSU is definitely the place for you, we support our sports teams and offer support at every game.

Joanne

I'm not into the sports scene relative to other aspects of Morgan's campus life, however football definitely seems the biggest thing here. The campus is always buzzing on weekends during football games.

Taelor

Reportedly, the athletes and cheerleaders have their own on-campus apartment complex. Their schedules are very demanding, so they ensure we always are watching a good game when we come out and support: whether we win or lose.