Morgan State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Morgan State University

Goodness

It’s an okay school and your experience there depends solely on you and no one else. Because the school is so diverse, you are able to find different types of people there, people who you can interact with. There is also a lot activities to get yourself involved in. Ultimately, there is never a dull moment at Morgan state university.

It was a wonderful experience. If I was given a job there, I would have loved it. Campus life was always fun. Teachers helped students in understanding assignments and knowing what was expected from them. One thing I would change is get more scholarship and grad school information for humanities and the English department

Paula

Morgan State is my dream school since I was 17 and now I am 47. I am relocating to attend and graduate from Morgan State University. This will give me chances to move forward in many areas in my life. I look forward to starting classes in the fall.

Charley

My opinion on Morgan State University is great. I don\'t have very much to say because I haven\'t been there yet, I\'ve only read up on it. Some things that stood out to me is the fact that it is one of the few historically black institutions nationally to offer a comprehensive range of academic programs in business, engineering, education, architecture, social work, and hospitality management. I like the fact that the campus is perfect in sizing meaning it is not so big where I would constantly get lost, but it is not so small where I will see the same person everyday. I like the fact that Morgan is a PBI.

Kdian

Although I am a sophomore, I will say my impression of Morgan isn't really negative. At an HBCU or Historically Black College/University, it's a different yet exciting experience. People do their own thing but come together when there's special events like homecoming, a sporting event, concerts, greek fest and etc. Greek life at a HBCU is VERY important, it's like one the key elements that make it come together. Morgan is a party school I can't deny that. We party hard but we also study hard as well. When it comes to midterms or finals, you will see a lot of people at the library because it'll be open til 2am. The only thing that really bothers me is the financial aid but that's about it. It's an overall welcoming environment when you find the right people to be around with.

Uniece

Morgan State University is a beautiful campus. The social life on campus can be better, but when there are major events everyone comes together and it feels so much like family. Most professors are very helpful, while you have your bad bunch. I feel Morgan is an okay school overall.

Naijay

I feel that Morgan has s lot of potential seeing as though it's s very big HBCU, but it falls into many of the typical HBCU problems such as notifying students late of problems that are urgent. Also a lot of information gets lost with Morgan so if you're not ready to be completely in control then you shouldn't come.

Karen

Morgan State University will make you proud to say that you attend an HBCU. I am going into my second year, but I am living in the nearby apartments. I had a bad roommate experience and didn't want to relive that. Academics are strong, your professor is going to want to see you succeed and sometimes doesn't expect anything less out of their students. You'll meet great people, there is always something to do on campus and things to do. Morgan State may be a lot of things but one thing you could never call it is dry or boring. They provide a free shuttle for Morgan State and Towson students to go to Towson Mall, Penn Station, or Towson. So even if you don't attend Towson, you'll always see some Towson students or be over at their campus. DO NOT BE AFRAID OF UPPERCLASSMEN, they ain't nothing to be scared of lol.

Dezmond

Here at Morgan we are a very close group. We constantly display our generosity and greet new faces with smiles and open arms. We although we are far from perfect, I believe Morgan has a lot of potential. To have been running for over 250 years we are only nearing our peak.

Gemiyah

Morgan State University has a culture that encourages students, as well as faculty, to always become better. The faculty and staff are friendly and listen to student's concerns. I like that the university is always in contact with students, encouraging us through important events or telling us about events that are held on campus. The university holds polls in different majors to learn about what can be changed on campus. Campus safety recently and university wi-fi has been updated, and the shuttle service is more regulated than last semester.

Cai

Morgan State University offers a wide variety of opportunities for its students. From sports to fraternities/sororities to on campus jobs. Morgan may not have the best food or facilities but it surely offers amazing experiences everyday on campus and shows why it is known for educational background as a HBCU.

Alisha

Morgan State University is a very diverse university for people to get their education, but to also have fun. When I first came here in 2016, my eyes opened up to a different world. I always knew that I wanted to become a psychologist, but when I came to Morgan, the professors encouraged me to strive harder. People always told me stories about the times they had when they attended Morgan. But i needed to see for myself how it would be, and i love it. I'm in the marching band and we're always doing something. You never know who you are going to meet.

ayanna

Overall, Morgan State is very beautiful. There are many great organizations on campus and they are easy to join. You meet new people from all over and build great bods. The housing can be rough at times due to strict rules but over all they are nice. The food is the biggest issue, The canteen is an okay place to get food but the dinning hall usually isn't that appealing. With this being said I love my HBCU!

Morgan state university is a great school with an amazing faculty/stuff. Morgan state is very culturally enriched and pertains a lot of its school pride, even apart from the academic school days. Because Morgan is a HBCU a lot of the students are politically active within the community.

Jasmine

Personally, I feel as though Morgan is a great school. The environment is very welcoming and the people here are really friendly. I do, however, feel like there could be a few small improvements made in certain aspects of the campus. For example, the residence halls should definitely be updated. They're fairly big, however, they just need to be updated.

Maya

Morgan state is a good HBCU, it feels like home to me. It highlights the black community which is great. The campus needs some upgrading and the staff needs to be better qualified to encourage the students and ensure their success. The school staff needs to highlight all the opportunities it has to offer students, because most students don't know of many. The campus needs to be safer and the staff really needs to listen to the students requests because our safety and success should be top priority.

Erica

You honesty receive the HBCU experience which is different from others schools that are not considered an HBCU. There are many sports, clubs, organizations, and activities you can become apart of or participate in. The university has a very good vibe overall. When it comes to academics, there are many resources that can help you excel in school as well as professors being available to help.

Kasey

I love Morgan! The staff and students are all friendly. Its a active campus so there is never a dull moment. Professors are very helpful for the most part.

Jeffery

Overall, Morgan State University is a good school. The environment is very warming for me because I see people I've gone to school with in the past so in a way it feels like home. The academics is still something I know I personally still have to improve upon because I'm not doing as well as I should but everything else is cool with me. As long as nothing extremely wrong happens, I'll be fine with whatever goes on here.

Sharron

The School community is fun and interesting. Also it has a bunch of awesome teachers and student who are fun and active. But there are also some professors that do nothing for the students and make the learning process bitter and terrible. Also the food is terrible.

Ka'Von

My opinion of Morgan State University is that we are an open campus that offers a lot. Fraternities are greatly around, parties are every weekend, sports and activities are around, the school can be made a little safer. The food can be a lot better.

india

I LOVE MY HBCU! Morgan has taught me to love the skin that i am in. Because I go to school in Baltimore Morgan is like a melting pot. With students from New York,D.C.,Philly,New Jersey,California and The Islands and many more places. The classes are as big as 40-50 people and my smallest class was 10-15 people. The professors are there whenever(for the most part) when you need help and we have many places to get touring if needed.

Octavia

I like Morgan State, my freshman experience is going quite great so far. The students are easy to talk to and the professors can be very understanding most times. I wish they had more activities besides sororities and fraternities. But overall, its a great school academically and socially.

Nyjai

I enjoy being a Morgan State University student. However, it's placement in Baltimore, Maryland does bring some safety issues. With these safety problems, the school has placed security throughout the campus. The sports could be better if the school had more spirit. Overall, the experiences make this school a great school. The students, faculty, and some staff make it worth attending. We are like one big family. The support and tools available are amazing and extremely useful.

kacey

I am an incoming freshman. From what I saw at admitted students day It was wonderful. The professors , leaders and current students were very invested in our future and our education. They want the best for all their students. I am very excited for a better chance at life, and because of Morgan I have that.

Devora

My experience at Morgan State University has been nothing but a dream since transferring in the Spring of 2017 as a Junior. Before coming to Morgan, my view of what I could do within my major was extremely limited. Once arriving here however, the possibilities of what could be done expanded and completely changed my overall viewpoint for the better. My depiction before was a single road leading in a straight line. After coming to Morgan, my depiction changed to multiple roads going in different directions, with some of them intersecting with each other, maybe even multiple roads. I am absolutely enamored with my department, and I carry everything that I learn with me not only as a way of having a steady foundation, but also to be able to build upon it.

Kelvin

Morgan state is a nice school for me so far. i have not had a bad encounter for the past 3 years i have been there. the staff can be a bit hard on you but that is only to ensure that you are on a good standing. the class ratio is quite reasonable and the professors are also helpful and understanding.

Aliyah

I enjoy Morgan State University. There are many different people of different ethnicities. I have learned a great deal from every person Ive met and I feel blessed to be a student here. Everyday in college is a new experience, whether I am in Spanish class, Math class or English.

Derricka

Morgan State University has both pros and cons about the University. For starters, there are professors her who I think are not good for the university as far as their teaching skills, professionalism and communication skills. I would say that this is the area the school lack the most. Previously I rated my professors on a website and can honestly say that my professors now are a lot more accepted since I am paying my money. Morgan do not have a lot of scholarships opportunities. This is another issue I feel needs to be improve for those like me who are out of state and can’t afford to continue to take out loans or get a co-signer for such. On the bright side, this school is a family. Attending an HBCU you here a lot of negative things before attending and since I been here August 2018 I can say majority of the rumors were in fact false. Here, you always have people to talk to and someone to listen to. The best thing Morgan has is amazing tutoring opportunities. First semester I struggled with Math and English and the student tutors guided me into the right direction so I can pass all my exams. Overall, Morgan State University is what you make it and who you know. The school is not horrible but it have spots that can use a little bit of fixing because people are paying to come here and this is what their future depend on Overall rating is a 3.5 out of 5 stars

Jaylah

Great experience thus far. I transferred from in an in-state university to Morgan mid-year, everyone was extremely helpful in assisting me with a smooth transition from financial aid, student serves and even housing. As the term started I was easily able to integrate into my classes and the culture.

Sekai

I love Morgan State. I am going in the fall, but I have been on campus many times. The campus is beautiful. And getting better with new construction. The people are cool. I went to a basketball game and that was pretty lit. I have met some professors and they seem really cool. The financial aid office has been really helpful. I can't wait to get there in the fall.

seth

Morgan State University is very good over all. I never seems to have any complaints past the occasional intentional dissatisfaction. As far as I can tell upper management knowns what they are getting into in helping mold the next generation of thinkers and doers.

Cecily

Morgan is a solid school with rich history and a diverse campus. Some programs seem more developed than others and have more offerings. Many professors are hold doctorates in their field and can be very helpful, but watch out for those who are not thorough, too relaxed or unclear in their instruction or availability. Some of the buildings are not as clean or new as others but each classroom and lab is equipped with the proper materials for learning, lab activities and safety. Staff can be unfriendly or not very helpful sometimes -- it's always better to show in person for things like financial aid resources or questions about registration/academics.

hillary

Morgan State University is an American historically black college in Baltimore, Maryland. Morgan is Maryland's designated public urban research university and the largest HBCU in Maryland. Wikipedia Address: 1700 E Cold Spring Ln, Baltimore, MD 21251 Acceptance rate: 65.2% (2014) Mascot: Bear Total enrollment: 7,747 (2017) Undergraduate tuition and fees: In-state tuition: 3,883.5 USD (2017), Out-of-state tuition: 8,916.5 USD (2017) Suggest an edit Events Fri, May 18 6:00 PM Parent Appreciation DinnerMorgan State University is an American historically black college in Baltimore, Maryland. Morgan is Maryland's designated public urban research university and the largest HBCU in Maryland. Wikipedia Address: 1700 E Cold Spring Ln, Baltimore, MD 21251 Acceptance rate: 65.2% (2014) Mascot: Bear Total enrollment: 7,747 (2017) Undergraduate tuition and fees: In-state tuition: 3,883.5 USD (2017), Out-of-state tuition: 8,916.5 USD (2017) Suggest an edit Events Fri, May 18 6:00 PM Parent Appreciation Dinner Morgan State University is an American historically black college in Baltimore, Maryland. Morgan is Maryland's designated public urban research university and the largest HBCU in Maryland. Wikipedia Address: 1700 E Cold Spring Ln, Baltimore, MD 21251 Acceptance rate: 65.2% (2014) Mascot: Bear Total enrollment: 7,747 (2017) Undergraduate tuition and fees: In-state tuition: 3,883.5 USD (2017), Out-of-state tuition: 8,916.5 USD (2017) Suggest an edit Events Fri, May 18 6:00 PM Parent Appreciation Dinner

Essence

I love Morgan State, and I am really proud to be a student here at the college of engineering! I love how involved the campus is! The teachers I have had have been very helpful and help the students to do the best that we can. I especially love the family like atmosphere. We are the BEARS!!!!

Damesha

This university has a lot of potentional with some tweaking with the living facilities and it's rules and an upgrade with safety and precautions it can be great!

Garry

Morgan State University has been the greatest experience for me ! You know a school is great when you are excited equally about it's academics and social life. Every bear on campus loves the tradition and welcomes anyone with open arms. Whether you go to Morgan state University or not, when you walk on the campus it will make you appreciate the tradition, the history, and the social life just because it is so awesome. There are numerous activities that allow students to have fun, and feel like they are involved. The housing and food that Morgan provides for is amazing. Also, all Professors, Staff, and Public Safety officers do whatever they need to in order to make students their number one priority! I am truly grateful and blessed for being accepted into this University.

Kojo

It's a good school, however, it's in the middle of the hood in baltimore. You have to be a little careful going off campus by yourself at night. If your black and love being around black people than it's perfect. The food isn't that great. However, once a week they make fried chicken, collard greens, mac and cheese, and cornbread which is absolutely delicious. The campus is constantly in construction which isn't a bad thing at all. It just means every year there's a cool new building or facility. Some buildings are a little out dated but with the constant construction going on I assume that in the next ten to twenty years, the campus will be as high tech and up to date as any other big school such as UMD. The professors are really cool, some staff members in the financial aid office I can not same the same. The athletics aren't that good but the majority of the school has excellent school spirit at games. And we're talking about one of the premiere HBCUs in America. Rich history. The choir is world class. The marching band and orchestra are too. The fraternities and sororities are legendary. Name and black fraternity and Morgan has a rich history in alumni and members including the infamous Omega Phi Psi.

Amina

I love it I wouldn’t dream of going anywhere else

Morgan state Is a historical black college that makes every one feel welcomed. Coming into Morgan state i did not know what to expect but everyone is actually very caring. The staff in campus are actually very friendly. Morgan state police department is always there to help. The food is good and we have many options at rawlings dining hall. Theres also some more at the canteen. During events everyone comes together and the entire campus feels like a family, everyone talks to eachother even if is new faces. Another thing about Morga State is that our professors are always there to help. Most of them have flexible office hours and if not we can always go by appointments. It is very important to have such a caring team around because we will never feel alone in this long journey.

Brian

Morgan is a Good school. I am really Happy that I selected Morgan. Some people have preconceived opinions about HBCU's . But We are a Research University with rigorous academics and good Professors who are accessible. Morgan State offers a wide range of activities ,there is something for everyone to become a part of.

TOLUWALOPE

IT IS AN EXCELLENT PLACE TO BE WITH GREAT OPPORTUNITIES THERE FOR STUDENTS SUCCESS.THE ENVIRONMENT IS COOL AND SAFE FOR STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE.THE INSTRUCTORS AND DEPARTMENT CHAIRS ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO HELP WITH ANY QUESTIONS AS THE CASE MAY BE.OVERALL,I AM DELIGHTED TO BE A PART OF THIS COMMUNITY!

Tanea

The campus is beautiful and there are so many clubs activities and sports to part take in. The freshman dorm rooms are a pretty good size. The food is average, it all really depends. Some days are better than others. We have two different cafeterias called .a canteen and a refrac. The refrac has more choice and you can get up as much as you want but the canteen is better. The only downside to that is that you can only come in one time. The canteen also has Chick Fil A and Burrito Tuesday's and Thursday's. For the refrac, every Wednesday we have soul food and every Friday is fried fish. As an out of state student, the tuition is ridiculous to compare to instate and they will not wave it. They don't give out much money to students, even if you have good grades. Most of the scholarships are for music majors and athletics. The academics are pretty good but some student re immature. Other than that it is a pretty good school.

robert

I think Morgan State University is a good college for certain things. Not every college is perfect and it have its flaws, for example, the food at my university can be terrible. One day it could taste like a home meal, and the next day it taste like your back In high school. Also, they can take forever in the Montebello complex, which is where you handle all your financial aid, loans and everything else. But Morgan State University have opportunities everyday like internship fairs, career fairs, study programs, and meetings for real life situations.

Keyonna

I love Morgan and the environment here. It is safe and feels like home. Morgan state University caught my eye when I first had a taste of the college experience during the access orientation process. Everyone was so welcoming and willing to help me make a smooth transition into college.

Sierra

I love the school. It has amazing teachers and faculty. The entire school feels like one big family. The only downside is that some of the on campus dorms are a little old. The student life at Morgan State is amazing. There are literally always something to do and a club for almost any interest. The academics are great as well, class discussions are always educational and informative.

Cierra

Morgan has potential. We just need to invest in the right things such as better housing. We are overpopulated and don't have quality housing. There are a lot of new buildings and construction going on but no plans to build more housing. I also thing the facility here needs to work on their hospitality. They need to realize that they choose this job and need to come in with better attitudes.

K.

Morgan State University is a very welcoming school. One of the best HBCU'S ever created. Academics are an essential part of Morgan. Don't come to Morgan if you aren't ready to work. I love this college because the students make you feel apart of and everyone is nice. The food is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. I literally miss a meal. Soul food Wednesday is the best. Morgan is an excellent school all around. Yes they can be unorganized at times but it's worth it.

Ahmed

Morgan State University is a great school, especially for people interested in engineering and business. Companies visit the school every week and always leave with a good note on Morgan State, so that goes to show that Morgan State is on top of things. Overall, the campus is great and there's more to do than most people expect.

Chyanne

If you are somebody who stays in your room and don't get out, then you wont like Morgan. There are things available, but you just have to go get them. For instance, when I came to Morgan I did not like it, I felt like the campus was dry and boring. Then I started to involve myself in clubs and going out to parties. Plus I started to make friends and be myself. So I started to enjoy the college experience here at Morgan.