Morrisville, NY
Morrisville State College

Nelson

My overall opinion is a three out of five stars. The area around the college is nice. But I feel completely isolated from everything else. The closest shopping mall, barber shop, and anything of relevance is thirty minutes away. If you do not have a vehicle, it is a very long walk to anywhere worth while.

Erica

When I first applied for college acceptance, Morrisville was at the top of my list. I had some friends going here, it was close to home, and when I went on a college visit the whole campus and staff were very inviting. Orientation was a breeze, there were a lot of helping hands to guide you along the way! I gave the campus an overall positive rating because the classes I've had the opportunity to take have taught me so much and it makes me even more excited for my second year, housing was very accommodating, there is a lot of diversity, and the student body was very accepting and encouraging!

Krista

this school is amazing and the cirrculum in definatly top knotch. the professors care about you and help you and care about your well being. i love this school and the campus is absolutley beautiful

the stereotype of the students of morrisville is hicks but no that is not true because a majority of our students are from the city and there are country kids but we are not alll hicks

Our sports teams are the most popular groups and activities at our campus

the students at my school are mostly from New York city coming to experience the country life and then you have the country kids that come from all over the country to come to Morrisville and we have students from china bangladesh and others they are very hospitable but only if they know you

They are challenging but totally worth it they have a very good professors

Tysha

While giving advice to my high-school self, I’d strive to circumvent some of the unnecessary stress and insecurity without taking away from two essential parts of my personal college experience: self-exploration and confidence gaining. The first thing I’d want to tell myself would be to take one semester off, maybe volunteer abroad, maybe delve into poetry or learn a musical instrument. I would want to urge myself to ease into college, taking one or two classes to start and working up to full time after a couple semesters. First, however, I would have to convince myself that it’s okay to be overwhelmed, it’s okay to not know what you want to do for the rest of your life, and it’s okay to ask for help. I’d emphasize that failure can make goals even more enticing and once reached, even more savory. Perhaps I would stray from the topic a bit and teach myself some yoga. This would show my former self how to detach just a little from expectations and fears and hopefully use it as a tool to help discover the things I am saying now a little sooner in life.

Morgan

I would tell myself to be more independent in High School. The college life requires you to be on your own and learn from your mistakes. I would also prepare myself to meet new people, by communicating more with others. You cannot relay on anyone, but yourself in college. So I would tell people to think before they act, do not do something just because everyone else does it, to fit in. Be yourself!

A person who doesnt like the country should not come here. There is a lot of trees and country views. Also if you do not like cold weather I do not recommend this school. The winter is very bad here, it gets a lot of snow and very cold.

It is a great school. The teachers are very eduated. There are so many activities that go on during the week. For example, they have karoke and they play movies every friday night for free. There is a variety of food places. The campus is very big and you meet a lot of new people. Also this school has two of the largest vending machines in the world! They have everything in them from food to laundry detergent and shampoo. They also have intramural teams you can be on. I am currently on the indoor soccer.

Linda

Morrisville State College is an excellent college for anyone who wants to study their major in a quaint, rural community that has the absolute best Wireless Services!

If I could go back in time, to when I was in High School Senior, I would tell myself to be more serious about my future. Although I was not a bad student, I feel that I should have been more attentive in my studies. I went to College right after I graduated but, discovered I was pregnant approximately three months into my first semester, and I dropped out. After twenty years, three children, and a recent job displacement, I decided to pursue what I hadn't finished sooner, that was my College education. My decision was also influenced by my daughter that I had quit College the first time for. She had just Graduated High School and, for medical reasons, couldn't pursue the career of her choice. I had to show her that when life knocks you down, you have to get back up because, it is never too late to follow your dreams. I do not regret going back to College. it has been very exciting and challenging.

The most frustrating thing at Morrisville is the lack of adequate Parking.

Nicholas

The classmates are very friendly and upbeat. According to my observations and knowledge, being in this school result in you getting a friend and becoming affiliated with a club and other activities are very high and likely.

First off, i would tell myself to take the advantage and opportunity to go to college very seriously. College is a totally different feeling and experience from high school and you are somewhat considered o your own interms of a lot of things. When you go to college, dont forget to focus on what and why you are there for. In college, you wont have teachers to force you to go to class and attend classes and do your academic work, every decision you make is and will affect you and you only, and there are no parenting like individuals there to stay on your case to get things done. Go to colllege, make friends, enjoy the fun interesting experience and do what you have to do. Stay focus, be dedicated and determine.

There honestly isnt anything that is frustrating at my school. i am actually very well and quickly adapt to this school and i honestly enjoy it and the environment.

adrian

I would advice myself to make up your mind about what career you want to pursue. It is very important to make a firm decision about what career you want to pursue and not spend more than a year just taking classes. Talk to an advisor, be advised about the wonderful careers that the school has to offer. Be involved, join clubs and actively participate promoting school pride and public awereness. Study, study, study hard. Enjoy all subjects, although some might be harder than others to you, all courses are important. What you learn in one course will help understand another course with a different professor. Learn and not memorize, memorizing information always come back at the end of the semester and bites you hard. The last word of advise would be to enjoy your time while learning. Sometimes you might not understand a subject, just ask and network with other students. Chances are that other students feel the same way you feel. Enjoy!

Our school faculty is the best. Just today I went in to ask questions about the MBA program and the advisor did everything for me. I thought it was going to be hard, but I was wrong. It was very easy. It is not the only great experience I have with faculty and staff.

A person who party's a lot. The student who lacks personal motivation and thinks he/she can pass with a C.

Morrisville State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.