Morrisville State College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Morrisville State College

Erica

When I first applied for college acceptance, Morrisville was at the top of my list. I had some friends going here, it was close to home, and when I went on a college visit the whole campus and staff were very inviting. Orientation was a breeze, there were a lot of helping hands to guide you along the way! I gave the campus an overall positive rating because the classes I've had the opportunity to take have taught me so much and it makes me even more excited for my second year, housing was very accommodating, there is a lot of diversity, and the student body was very accepting and encouraging!

I really like the family oriented atmosphere. The teachers as well as the coaches are always available for you. The classes are small and they have my major which is animal science. I will be enrolled as a freshman for the fall of 2018 an I can't wait.

Nelson

My overall opinion is a three out of five stars. The area around the college is nice. But I feel completely isolated from everything else. The closest shopping mall, barber shop, and anything of relevance is thirty minutes away. If you do not have a vehicle, it is a very long walk to anywhere worth while.

I love Morrisville! I have met so many wonderful people and have so many amazing opportunities here that I would not have at many other colleges. The program I am in is so in depth, and there are so many choices of classes to take outside of my major. I could not be happier with my choice of school!

Brandon

In my opinion, Morrisville State College is a great school and full of warm welcome to not only the students, but the community around it. I like Morrisville because it contains smaller class sizes and more professor-to-student interactions, which I am use to, coming from the small town of Hannibal, New York.

Alanna

Morrisville is a welcoming and diverse school. It is a technical school, well known for it's hands-on approach to teaching. The liberal arts program is a bit lacking, however, since the main focus is on engineering and agriculture. Morrisville is also a fairly small campus, and as such, the classes are rarely larger than thirty-five students. In many ways this is good, it makes it easier for students to get to know their professors, and it means that most everybody on campus knows each other. Morrisville has a tight-knit community on campus; you can barely walk across the quad without stopping to say hi to five different people. It is a wonderful college for anyone who prefers a close, friendly environment, and enjoys learning through hands-on experience and active participation.

Omaya

It is an okay starter school. The academics are moderately easy. The food gets worse the longer you stay and social life needs to be very open to new people because people do not stay long at this school. Overall not terrible and not wonderful. The English department and psychology department have the best and most dedicated professors. The auto, technology, nursing and equine programs have the best internships and overall resources for learning.

Cristian

My overall opinion of Morrisville State College is that I like it alot. Not only is it small and easy to know where things are but the people are friendly and that isn't just students but that goes for everyone. The professors are approachable and they help out alot if you have trouble with something.

Lisa

It really has expanded and is an incredible place to attend college. They have added a lot of new studies over the years which gives people more options to choose from to study. The staff is always willing to help any student who is looking for guidance. The response time for different department is within 24 hours which is really nice when your trying to find an answer to something. I appreciate the effort that the staff and employees exert to the students.

Claire

It is an okay school if you are looking for a good education for a low price and small campus size. Most of the professors are very helpful and easy to work with, some pick which department they dislike and dislike the students. Campus can be scary at night if alone, so make friends or stay in your dorms at night and not on campus.

Ehdah

Morrisville State College is a good place to study at and they have a good Automotive program. They offer good programs. Good place to live at if you hate living in the city.

Danil

Overall great campus with welcoming faculty and alumni to set the pace for the first year. When I first arrived at the campus for the tour, there was no other campus like it. It was discrete and out of the way. It was technology and agriculture oriented so the food was organic. Since I wanted to be a web developer/ designer everything clicked and from then on it was the college I wanted to go to.

Morrisville state college is a beautiful campus located 43 minutes outside Syracuse New York. The student body is diverse but small, there is no Greek life and the clubs are not that great. They have a huge recreational gym and and an ice rink. The professors are great and very understanding of students shortcomings. Morrisville offers a shuttle around campus and often host trips to nearest malls and shopping opportunities. Overall i would recommend this college to anyone who wants to study agriculture.

Mamadou

This is a great school but its just in the middle of no where and that's why I'm planning on leaving but other than that the school is great. All the professors are actually putting our education first and making sure we're ready for the real world. Also I love how everyone in the school is friends with one another we all look out for each other.

Jenna

I have had some issues with advising, where I was advised to take classes before I had taken the prerequisites. I also had some issues with a professor that acted unprofessionally and wasn’t very helpful. Overall, my experience has been great at Morrisville State College, other than a few poor experiences I’ve had.