Tullahoma, TN
Motlow State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Motlow State Community College

Mollie

I enjoy Motlow's academics and all of my classes have been pretty good so far. I like the teachers I've gotten and the work isn't too hard or too easy. I haven't been able to meet many people or start new relationships yet, but it is a small campus. Overall I like Motlow and it is a financially sound decision.

Hayley

I go to the Smyrna campus-it's nice . It's very close to home. I love that fact

I go to the Smyrna campus-it's nice . It's very close to home. I love that fact

Cassius

I think Motlow is ultimately a continuation of high school, but a great way to save money, Plus students will get a feel for college before transferring to a university.

There aren't any stereotypes of students here that I'm aware of.

I can't honestly answer this, mainly because my focus was getting my classwork done.

The students at Motlow are down to earth for the most part, and supportive of each other.

Motlow offers what you'd expect from a community college in terms of academics.

Tina

I like going to Motlow because it is smaller classroom. The professor are will help you if you need it. They also have honor students willing to help you too. The only thing that I do not like is the service they give for FAFSA, the little lady that is in the front office does not want to help me at all.

What are your classes like?

They are great. The professor talk to you like you are someone, not just money.

Describe the dorms.

There is no dorms

I think it is an universal college. It is a nice place to be.

There are some students there that want to learn. Then you have students that do not listen until the last week of school.

Cheyenne

I attend the Fayetteville Tn. campus it is a small school with about twenty five students per class so you get alot of one on one attention with staff and teachers.

Start looking for scholarships at the beginning of your senior year and go to several college campuses to see what they have to offer. Make sure to apply to every campus you like, start FASFA early, and finish every application you start on. Plan for enough funds for application and transcript fees. Don't let others talk you out of your dream school.

A person who can't be flexable shouldn't attend Motlow. All of the classes are at the same time and classes are limited, so you must be willing to take day and night classes and go to different locations to get your requirements.

I wish I knew then what I know now. I thought my senior year was all about fun and the celebration of the end of a journey. So if I could go back to a little over a year ago I would give myself advice no one else could give. First of all I would tell myself to look for every scholarship available. I guess I assumed that scholarships would simply find me, but I was wrong, I had to look for them. The next thing I would tell myself is to prepare for college. Prepare for the work, time, and dedication you put into those four years. High school may seem difficult, but college is definitely a step up. The final thing I would tell myself is to relax. Often times I would find myself stressing out over deadline and applications. If I had just relaxed and given myself an adequate amount of time to complete things I may have found myself a calmer graduate.

Sometimes it feels like a continuation of high school. The small atmosphere, while most days is a good thing, can also feel like you are still in high school. You see many of the same people you went to high school with, which some days can be a negative.

I brag about what a great choice it was to start college at a community college. There are so many benefits. The campus is smaller which helps in the classroom and out of the classroom. You get to form better relationships with your professors, as well as, other students. Tuition is also a major factor. Saving money while attending a community college will enable someone to better afford a four year institution when that time comes. Finally, it is a great transition from high school to college life away from home.

Aaron

If I could go back to high school to interview a high school senior there would be many things I would say about the college life and transition around you. I learned the hard way that college is needed to advance in any career now a days. I also learned that once you walk across the stage everything begins to move fast. If you dont have everything in order by the last month of high school it will be to late to rush things to get in order. I have learned that when your not in school and the people you hang out with or associate with on a regular basis are, you will feel left out alot . I would also tell myself that no matter your GPA or anything there is alot of free money out there that you should go after. I would also tell myself to buckle down and stay focus now beacuse if I dont get serious now it will carry over even after I graduate. In conclusion I would tell myself that the transition can be fun but it is a serious process and needs to be handled correctly.

Trungtin

Motlow is best known for their nursing program; it is one of the best in state. Also they are known for having many night classes to try and accommodate for their students busy lives.

Looking back, the best advice I could give myself would be to embrace college rather than despising it. Making the change from high school to college is not easy, but it does not have to be an arduous experience either. Instead of looking at the negative aspects of going to college such as leaving family and friends and living on my own, I should start focusing on the positive aspects of going to college. Leaving my friends and family is saddening, but I can look forward to making new friends from other cities, states and even countries; I will be enriched as a person by learning about their different lives, customs and cultures. The classroom should not be the only place where I am educated in life. The idea of living on my own was a scary thought, but I would tell myself to take this opportunity to be independent. I cannot always depend on my parents or others; I should be able to rely on myself for any troubles that occur in my life. I should be embracing college and looking forward to my new experiences.

Scheduling classes is the most frustrating aspect of my school. The amount of classes compared to the number of students of outrageous. There are far too many students vying for a limited number of classes available. Often, required classes are filled up before students can sign up for them.

Eric

The majority of my classmates are your typical college aged individuals who chose to come to a community college because they liked to stay close to their home setting or could not afford the tuition of a 4 year college or university.

What would I say to a young me? How could I get through to an individual who was not ready to take life seriously? Well I guess the best way is to show him my monthly bank statement. I would encourage him to follow his heart and his love for basketball. I would remind him of all the great teachers and coaches that helped him get through to this point. Remind him that without them who knows what would happen to us. I would hope to light a fire in his heart to provide the same kind of support and knowledge for others. I would speak to him about the struggles to improve your life while raising a family. Most importantly I would speak to him about his ability to be a great leader, and without an education his ability to make a difference, as a leader is wasted.

Motlow State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.