Motlow State Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Motlow State Community College

Cassidy

It is a very good school. Do not let community college scare you off from coming. We have amazing professors and the classes are not very big. The most in one class is 30 students. I recommend you go here for two years then transfer because this school feels like a small step above high school.

Shelly

Being a smaller school, Motlow is truly an experience. I have yet to find a single person who does not enjoy the tight-knit relationships formed amongst peers, the relatively short distance between each building on campus, and how calm the environment feels. It is never crowded and loud - just right for those students who need to concentrate - and Motlow has facilities that cater to various needs a student might need during exam time or for a breather. Each professor makes sure every student understands the topic and is made readily available throughout the week in case of any doubts. I would definitely recommend this community college.

Madison

Motlow is a beautiful campus with engaging professors who actually care. At Motlow I feel safe and well taken care of. Motlow is an amazing college that has a wonderful atmosphere of learning and growing. I believe Motlow has already opened many doors for my future. The campus is beautiul. The class sizes are relatively small and provides a better learning environment. The teachers get to know the students and when you see then out in public they always stop to see how you are doing. Overall, I would recommend Motlow to any prospective student.

Lydia

Motlow is a convenient community college. It has great class sizes and the professors are very involved with the students. Motlow is a great place to start your college journey, but it is an especially a great place for older adults to continue the journey and pursue a degree.

Chandler

It was a great 2 year experience. I appreciate the fact that I had TN Promise to help me. Motlow was extremely helpful and always available if I had questions about my major. It prepared me for a four year college and if I could do it all again I would !

It is an okay school. Not much in the way of a variety in programs of study. Their website claims to provide a French program, but it is hit or miss. The facilities are, for the most part, clean. The Smyrna location is working on expanded the campus, a much needed accommodation. This school is all right.

Chad

Motlow is definitely a good school to attend. The professors are really caring, and same with the students. It's not a very big school right now so the atmosphere is very relaxed as you'll know most of your classmates. Give this school another 5 years and it'll probably be the best community college in Tennessee.

Meleah

The professors and students are kind and helpful most days. The hardest things would be limited parking, little security and almost zero food choices. However, the school does claim to be working to improve all of these. Otherwise, it is a pretty okay school.

Quinn

I think Motlow is the perfect school for those first year students, their teachers are great and try to involved you as much as possible, and their programs are awesome as well. I have no idea what else to type here, but it told me to continue... this school has promise so that's a plus... I really do like this school... I just don't know what to say...

Caleb

Motlow State Community College is an incredible school for those willing to put in time to learn. The class sizes are small to medium size, but never over 15-20 students. There are a variety of classes and many choices in majors. I cant complain about anything on campus. Motlow is amazing

Mollie

I enjoy Motlow's academics and all of my classes have been pretty good so far. I like the teachers I've gotten and the work isn't too hard or too easy. I haven't been able to meet many people or start new relationships yet, but it is a small campus. Overall I like Motlow and it is a financially sound decision.

Chasity

Overall, I enjoy attending Motlow and feel that they are a great community college. The curriculum is current and challenging and the instructors are will to assist when needed. Students are friendly and willing to tutor also. Motlow has helped me move forward

Mary-Elizabeth

I absolutely love Motlow State Community College. The academic side of Motlow is amazing. The teachers make learning interesting. The social side of Motlow is also really good. Due to being in the Honors Program, I have been able to make a lot of friends. I'm really grateful for those at Motlow who have helped me become who I am now.

Jodi

Motlow State Community College gives each and every student the opportunity to thrive in their education. This community college supports and encourages all students to get involved in school events and strive to do their absolute best in everything that they do.

Lily

I first attended in the fall of 2015. I qualified for the Honors classes that were offered. I threw caution to the wind, enrolling in several Honors courses that were offered on campus. I had not expected to excel in these courses even though I had taken a few honors classes in high school. My first semester was very interesting in the sense that I learned a lot about college in a short amount of time! However, it was not until after my first mid term exam in Honors History that I really felt as though I belonged in an Honors Society. Dr. Cook, the Honors coordinator as well as American History professor, pulled me aside one day before class after we had already taken our mid term exams. He told me that I had scored exceptionally well on the exam and that I qualified for the Honors Scholarship in the following spring semester. As someone who viewed herself as less than average in terms of intelligence, this moment changed my perception about my own capabilities. This inspired me to continue to take the Honors courses that were offered. Motlow College has offered me not only a more positive outlook on my own self worth, but an insatiable drive to seek further education beyond that of a Bachelors degree!

Gracie

As someone who has transferred here from a 4 year university, it is easier to notice the effort staff and faculty members put in to make the school beneficial to everyone. There are several opportunities to make friends and to grow on an educational standpoint! I highly recommend this college for anyone considering it.

Hayley

I go to the Smyrna campus-it's nice . It's very close to home. I love that fact

Kera

I appreciated the atmosphere of the campus. It was very small; just a place to go to class. I would recommend the school if you want a degree and good grades, but it has no college feel. Most professors are super nice and helpful, and love to have office visits if you need anything. It was a good place to get a degree and I hardly paid a penny!

Chelsea

Motlow is a good school to get your prerequisites for a bachelor's degreee somewhere else. The online classes are convenient for those who may have difficulties traveling to compus. The classes are affordable compared to other colleges in the area. The professors are helpful.

Becca

It’s a small campus so everyone knows everyone. We communicate and learn from each other. We help each other out where we can and never degrade anyone for trying. The teachers are helpful through messaging or office hours and always willing to help out.

Jessey

Motlow is a great college and I would be very proud to graduate in 2021 from the RN program, but the only downfall is that they currently do not offer federal student loan programs. This means that if you do not qualify for the Pell Grant then you must pay out of pocket which I will be "trying" to do starting this fall for the RN program because I have been recently accepted.

Alyssa

I attended Motlow State Community College every day of my senior year in high school. I was participating in a Duel Enrollment program that allowed me to earn 41 college credits, most of which came from Motlow. Personally, I enjoyed simple layout of the campus and small classroom sizes. The buildings are kept very clean. The professors vary a lot, but the majority of them are very kind and eager to help you pass their class if you simply take the time to ask.