Flint, MI
Mott Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mott Community College

Dawn

I have received valuable knowledge and the ability to stay focused and successful. I was worried going back to school at 29 would be difficult; however, I have learned that I am still capable of succeeding. It has been valuable to attend because my children look up to me now as their roll model.

Brittney

College has taught me how to juggle taking 13 units, working, having a boyfriend, maitenancing a car with 102,000 miles on it, and keeping in touch with my friends. College has taught me that you can't always get it all done and that you must prioritize. I have matured so much since I started attending college. I used to worry about what I looked like and whether or not boys paid attention to me. Those things don't matter, but I didn't realize it at the time because I was so self-conscious and concerned about my social status. If someone had told me that once you get to college, no one cares about whether you're a popular cheerleader or a geek that eats lunch by yourself, I would have enjoyed high school a lot more. I would have had the confidence to meet more people and participate in activities. College has also taught me how to think for myself. My teachers have brought up thought-provoking questions that made me question my values and upbringing. I'm glad that I'm going to college because I know that it will make me a whole person.

Tara

Mott Community College is known for " providing high quality, accessible and affordable educational opportunites and service...

Mott Community College is known for " providing high quality, accessible and affordable educational opportunites and service".

I have gotten a lot out of it, i found out alot of people are not your friends . Study Study Study!!! No playing games !!!! Stay away from a lot of people that don't benfit you . Talk to your teachers when ever u have free time to see how your doing in that class. Don't be afread to ask questions!!! Make a study group if you can . If your having probles in one of your classies and your teachers are no help i know you can find a tutor that can help you in that subject. Why has it been valuable to attend ...to help me become a better person that i am today. It helped me to beecome more better skilled in the field that i would like to work in . Also it helped me to become a more better people person!

The best thing that i like about my school is.... The staff are very helpfull. They work with you on what ever subject you need help in. I'm inspired ever day just to know that i have a group of people at school that i can call on . An they will hepl me when ever i need it !

SeQouia

My classmates at mott are friendly as well as helpful.

My classmates at mott are friendly as well as helpful.

The environment at mott is very calm and friendly. At mott the students are allowed more one on one time with the staff, due to the fact that we have smaller classes than other colleges.

As I look back on all of the things that I wish i could go back and do over, being a high school senior, is the number one thing on my list. When completing my senior year of high school the only thing that was on my mind was, walking across that stage. Now that I am a college sophmore, I only wish that I would have included my future. If I could go back, I would tell myself, "make sure that you give yourself options". The reason i would say those exact words is because, I never really considered other colleges nor did I even apply to other colleges. I also procrastinated to apply for financial aid and to the college that I attend. If i would have applied myself I would be attending a college of my dreams possibly but I never will know for sure. Always give yourself options, never limit yourself.

Bethani

Mott is best known in Flint for affordable, worthwhile education.

Mott is best known in Flint for affordable, worthwhile education.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself, "Get out there and make some friends. Cement those new relationships. It's easy to regret actions not taken, and you won't die if you put yourself out there and get shot down. It's always better to know that there are people who you can rely on for help, and who trust you enough to ask for your help, as well. Have confidence, and people will be drawn to you. Help others, and they will not hesitate to return the favor."

I consider the low student-teacher ratio to be the best thing about Mott; it makes classes personable and comfortable.

Kyle

Mott is best known for its affordableness and it also has a ranked wrestling team. To most coming into mott, they mainly see just how affordable that this school is making education for those families that cannot afford to go to universities.

Assuming that i could go back in time, that i could become what i was before this year, I would work even harder in high school. I went through my senior year with straight A's. I maintained a 4.0 and it felt good, i took hard classes, but i should have taken more english classes. English has never been my strong point. I can do calculus, but english came with more of a struggle. I worked very hard for a good grade, but i shouldv'e taken more of the classes for practice for when i got into college. I always assumed that i wouldn't have to write many papers because i wanted to be a math professor when i grow up. I still want to be a professor when i grow up but now i see that i still have to write many papers. Another thing i would do if i were back in high school would be to fill out more scholarships. i filled out many essays and never heard back, so eventually i started applying less. i shouldv'e applied because i'm third of six children so its hard to pay for college.

I wish i would have known how nice the teachers were going to be. I had in my mind that the teachers would be just like the ones you hear about. I thought they would be grouchy the whole time, but when i got there i met my teachers and they were very helpful and enjoyed doing what they are doing.

Nicholas

Mott Community College is best known for being very affordable. They also have an excellent basketball team: winning the national title almost every year. The teachers are great. They really try to help each and every student reach their maximum potential.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I could have avoided alot of mistakes. I would advise myself to always be organized. I would explain to myself the impotance of reading ahead in order to be better prepared for the upcoming class. I would tell myself to always ask a question if their was anything that I was unsure about or failed to understand. I would remind myself to always stay focused on the big picture. I would tell myself to make a list of goals, starting with the short term and ending with were I would like to be in ten years. I would say have fun but also be aware of the company you keep, maintain wise counsel and always strive to be the best that you can be. There is no failure when you have giving all that you have to give. Learn from your mistakes for experience is always the best teacher. I would say with a stern voice "stay humble, work hard, and success will manifest itself".

I think Mott Community College is an excellent choice for any individual. The credits earned at Mott transfer to almost every four year college or university.

Sirena

If I could go back in time I would tell myself two important things. The first will be to get started on my college things much sooner. If I would have did my fasfa earlier, and took the time out to do other scholarships and/or grants I wouldn?t had to go through the things that I went through in 2008. If I knew I was going to have so much trouble with my financial aid I would have went to Mott or teachers from high school to get it done correctly and quicker. After I graduated in I thought everything was in order for me to start college.. The second will have to be wait to have a baby. Both of these reasons are why I couldn?t attend college. I wanted to take the year off to have my son, but even if I didn?t get pregnant I was still going to have to take time off to get everything situated with the financial aid process. There are a lot of things that I wish I could have done different it just to bad I really cant go back in time to start everything over.

I would have to say the worst thing about my school is the fact that the workers, financial aid workers mostly, are very slow at there job. The financial aid department can take forever with the most simplest request ever. I had trouble with my fafsa in 2008, so I wasn?t able to attend school that year. I had to go through so much in order to get in. I had to wait until 2009 when I had my son and renew my fasfa in order to attend and they still had problems with my financial aid.

When people ask me what college I go to, I quickly and proudly tell them Mott. I tell all about how Mott gave me more money back then what other schools may have given back. I also tell them about the Health Care Programs Mott offers and how in a short amount of time you can get your certificates, licenses, and degree. Not only do they have a great Health Care Program, but other programs. The teachers at Mott helps you with whatever you need them to help you with as well as the other staff.

Laura

If I were to go back in time and talk to my high school senior self, i would have suprisingly first said to be more punctual. People are on time or early when they are serious about something, and you need to be serious about college. In college you cannot get by with taking half useful notes and asking your friends for answers. College is about you and it is all on you, its all on you to transition and make it work for you to make yourself a better person, and to grow as a member of the community. I would also tell myself to stay on top of homework, and attend every class. You never know when you can miss something important that you may never hear again. Also, thorough notes and flashcards will help you in the long run, trust me. And daydreaming in class wont get you anywhere except confused and behind, in college its not funny to not pay attention. The people sitting next to you do not think its funny either. But most of all, i would tell myself to have fun! College isnt all bookwork and late night cram sessions! Have some fun!

People who are not serious with their life or work. The people in high school who come to school on drugs and sit in the back of the class so they can hide from the teacher and sleep should not attend this school. The ones who are lazy, procrastinators, unmotivated, and overly dependent. College is about growing up and becoming everything you want you to be. If your going to come to school on drugs, leave early and not pay attention, then you should not attend this school.

That many of the teachers have life experience in the field they are teaching. You cannot always just learn from reading a book, that doesnt make it exciting. The teachers and fellow students actually care about you and want you to succeed. The strive just like you do to do better in this world, and make something of themselves. My school is all about basically finding who you are, and doing it on purpose. Making a difference in the community and in our own individual lives.

Tyler

If I could go back and give myself some advice it would be to take every class serious. Make sure to do ALL of your work and turn it in on the due date or even before. If your having trouble in a class then ask the teacher and students for some help. I would say to talk with the guidance counselor on a regular basis to determine if you are on the right track. Make sure you are preparing yourself for your college career by taking as many AP classes as available. Stay on track and get yourself into good study habits.

Somebody that isn't serious about getting an education.

The parking lots are always so full you have a hard time finding a space.

Mott Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.