Flint, MI
Mott Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mott Community College

Jeremy

The best advice I could give myself as a High School Senior would be GO TO COLLEGE! Don't listen to all those nay sayers saying you do not need a college education. Because today you do need that college education. Every job worth having requires a degree and for higher jobs requires a Bachlors degree. Companies way of weeding job applicants for just having a piece of paper. There are so many more oppurtunities for just having that piece of paper from a University. Do whatever it takes to get that paper. I promise you it will be worth it in the end. Don't take time off between Senior year in High School and Freshman in College. Continue on with your education like it is expected of you to get the piece of paper. It doesnt matter if you get a degree in Childhood Development or Hotel Management. Because you could be a Pharmacetuical Represenative with those degrees. All because of that piece of paper that says Bachelors Degree. YOU CAN DO IT, DON'T LET ANYONE STOP YOU, INCLUDING YOURSELF!

The best thing for this community college is the way they work with top Universities like Ferris, Michigan State and The University of Michigan to help 2 year college students become 4 year college graduates with their Bachelors Degree.

I cannot think of anybody that should not attend this school that is looking to get a higer education. It is a great starting point for someone looking to get back into college.

Paige

Mott is just a community school which doesn't have any big sports teams, but after attending for a few terms I realized the true meaning of this school. It welcomes all people from right out of highschool to older people coming back to finish their education, and is not a competitve school. Mott has four different campus's offering schooling to many people close to home. This school is important to me because I wasn't ready to move away from my family and live on my own.

This is my senior year, as much as I would like to get out and move on to college, I need to realize that these next few months are all I have of what seems to be freedom. Right now life is easy because I only have to drive 6 miles to school, easy homework and my friends to share laughs with. I have no stress of a job or paying bills, it's all easy. Sure there are some days that people get on my nerves and start silly rumors but they're just doing that to get a reaction out of me. Keep your head up and smile as you pass them because your smile is making you stronger, which is the opposite of what they want. As graduation comes, stay close to your friends because these are going to be the last weeks you see many of these faces.

College isn't as hard as it seems, just take one step at a time. The time from registering to signing up for classes is the hardest part of attending Mott, but once class starts, it gets easier. Class is usually quiet, but make a point to be friends with some people and these people could soon be study buddies. Planners are your best friend because professors like to give assignments months before they are due, and it is best to keep up on your assignments and not let them pile up.

Gabriel

Teachers are competent and thorough, give extra information, and make time to communicate with the students to ensure they do well and understand the concepts. For the most part, the teaching staff is second to none. I am very pleased with the educational styles and ability of the instructors at Mott Community College.

Deborah

Mott Community College is well worth looking into.

Mott Community College is well worth looking into.

When I graduated from high school in 1987, I wanted to go into graphic design. However, none of the local colleges offered that program. Because I wanted to stay close to home, I attended UofM-Flint and graduated with a BS in mathematics. Twenty-four years later, I am back in school, this time at Mott Community College, persuing an associates degree in photography. What advise would I give myself if I could go back to 1987? Pursue your dreams. Don't give up every time a door is shut. Find the resources and help to go for what you want.

Staff (admissions, counseling, registration, financial aid, etc.) are all extremely helpful. Instructors are knowledgeable in their field. Convenient locations, low cost.

Dawn

I have received valuable knowledge and the ability to stay focused and successful. I was worried going back to school at 29 would be difficult; however, I have learned that I am still capable of succeeding. It has been valuable to attend because my children look up to me now as their roll model.

Brittney

College has taught me how to juggle taking 13 units, working, having a boyfriend, maitenancing a car with 102,000 miles on it, and keeping in touch with my friends. College has taught me that you can't always get it all done and that you must prioritize. I have matured so much since I started attending college. I used to worry about what I looked like and whether or not boys paid attention to me. Those things don't matter, but I didn't realize it at the time because I was so self-conscious and concerned about my social status. If someone had told me that once you get to college, no one cares about whether you're a popular cheerleader or a geek that eats lunch by yourself, I would have enjoyed high school a lot more. I would have had the confidence to meet more people and participate in activities. College has also taught me how to think for myself. My teachers have brought up thought-provoking questions that made me question my values and upbringing. I'm glad that I'm going to college because I know that it will make me a whole person.

Tara

Mott Community College is known for " providing high quality, accessible and affordable educational opportunites and service...

Mott Community College is known for " providing high quality, accessible and affordable educational opportunites and service".

I have gotten a lot out of it, i found out alot of people are not your friends . Study Study Study!!! No playing games !!!! Stay away from a lot of people that don't benfit you . Talk to your teachers when ever u have free time to see how your doing in that class. Don't be afread to ask questions!!! Make a study group if you can . If your having probles in one of your classies and your teachers are no help i know you can find a tutor that can help you in that subject. Why has it been valuable to attend ...to help me become a better person that i am today. It helped me to beecome more better skilled in the field that i would like to work in . Also it helped me to become a more better people person!

The best thing that i like about my school is.... The staff are very helpfull. They work with you on what ever subject you need help in. I'm inspired ever day just to know that i have a group of people at school that i can call on . An they will hepl me when ever i need it !

SeQouia

My classmates at mott are friendly as well as helpful.

My classmates at mott are friendly as well as helpful.

The environment at mott is very calm and friendly. At mott the students are allowed more one on one time with the staff, due to the fact that we have smaller classes than other colleges.

As I look back on all of the things that I wish i could go back and do over, being a high school senior, is the number one thing on my list. When completing my senior year of high school the only thing that was on my mind was, walking across that stage. Now that I am a college sophmore, I only wish that I would have included my future. If I could go back, I would tell myself, "make sure that you give yourself options". The reason i would say those exact words is because, I never really considered other colleges nor did I even apply to other colleges. I also procrastinated to apply for financial aid and to the college that I attend. If i would have applied myself I would be attending a college of my dreams possibly but I never will know for sure. Always give yourself options, never limit yourself.

Mott Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.